PDA

View Full Version : The Final Sasuke Topic. A Better Character Than ANYONE.

TheBlackChidori
08-04-2009, 03:15 AM
The Results of Largue Quantities of Caffeine at 4AM

Perhaps you can finally understand the depth of Sasuke, and why he does the things he does. He's not evil, he's not a bad person. He is just more than you can possibly imagine. A couple older posts of mine, but mainly new.

Remind me again....Did Sasuke ask Naruto to follow him? Nope, Naruto chased after him, and told him he was taking him back to the village no matter what. Yes, Naruto was doing it for the right reasons. But regardless, nothing was going to stop Sasuke from fulfilling his goal. Sasuke didn't say "Hey Naruto, come meet me here so we can fight!"

I'm sick of everyone calling him a bad friend because of this. Let me make this very clear.

HE DID NOT WANT ANY FRIENDS

HE DENIED ANY ATTACHMENTS

HE MADE IT VERY CLEAR TO THEM THAT HE HAD A GREATER PURPOSE

He didn't become best buds with them all, exchange stories and laugh of memories past, or really spend any of his time outside of work with them. He saved their lives a couple times. They saved his. That was their friendship. That's it.

If you were at work, and there was a guy you knew very well. You weren't really friends, just co-workers. One day, you see him walking across the street and talking on his cellphone, not paying any attention to the road. A car's speeding at him from the other direction, so you run at him and push him out of the way. You save his life, great. But you don't become best friends, don't go out to dinners together, or even hang out after work.

But you then get offered a better job at a company from another state. You take it, and leave the guy who's life you saved behind. He says to you:

"Don't leave, you're my best friend! Please, stay here with me, ignore all your life goals, and completely reverse the purpose of your life because I asked you to!"

Are you going to stay? Uhh, no.

Look at why he joined the Akatsuki. He just found out that the Leaders of the Village that was always so good, and so fond of the Uchiha Clan, and talked about "What a tragedy it is about your clan...", are really the ones who ordered their deaths in the first place.

I'd be ready to join up an orginization and exact my revenge too. He found out his brother was next to innocent, the only person he had left(Whether it be for good or bad), and now he's gone, at his own hands no less. Sasuke is GOING to restore his clan and avenge his family, regardless of what it takes. He has NEVER killed an innocent person before. He has NEVER ambushed someone who hasn't given him a reason to do so, or challenged him in the first place. So just because he joined a group that does things that even the Leaf Village has done in the past, he should lose respect?

I wish my prince charming would come and slap me in the face with my own words as I beg him to not leave me all the while tears pouring down my face like a gushing waterfall. And to cheer me up he would knock me out while I sit there and spill my guts for himand then go to my village's enemy for power. Ahhhh, that just soooooooooo turns me on and makes me want to love him even more.

Well, it's a shame whe Prince Charming has no love interest in the Princess in the first place. If Sasuke told her how much he loved her before doing this to her, sure, he'd be an ass. But he never gave her any reason to make her believe he had feelings for her. It's her own fault for not taking the hint.

It was really nice of Sasuke not to kill Naruto after he fought with him, what a great friend I wish my best friend would beat me up and decide not kill me with a finishing blow

As for Sasuke, all that he went through did warp him, you're just valuing the way he was warped, and/or not acknowledging it; mainly the latter. He became reclusive, he gave up his friends, he obsessed about his brother to the exclusion of all else, and knowingly put everyone that loved him through years of pain and torment. He turned his back on his village. On top of that, if he can no longer bring himself to harm others as you say, innocent or not, he's not even fit to be a ninja anymore. He can't bring himself to be a hero, or a villian. He can't bring himself to do pretty much anything right, as instead of overcoming the most tramatic moment of his life, he just sort of went loopy. This makes Sasuke a complete failure, as a person, as well as a ninja.

No, you seem to have it all wrong. Sasuke never cared for "The Village" to begin with, or the people in it for that matter. The only people he loved were taken away from him at a young age, so there was no way he was going to let himself once again become attached to anything. He hated the village. It was a sign of imprisonment to him, a waste of time that just held him back from fulfilling the only purpose he has ever known or believed in. You call it loopy, but I call it an unquenchable thirst to fulfill his goals and become stronger.

This boy had to watch his brother, the person he admired more than any other alive, kill his entire clan, murder his parents, before his very eyes. The respect and the love he had always had for his brother, and he goes and does such an atrocious thing. He took EVERYTHING from Sasuke. Nobody here can truly understand what its like to have everything you love taken away from you. Everything you ever knew, what you were raised with, what you were raised to believe was your set path in life, gone in an instant, with no hope of ever returning. In turn, he becomes vengeful towards Itachi, even obsessed.

Itachi is his last link to the only place he ever called home, the only time he ever felt true happiness. More than anything, more than the revenge he wants by killing his brother, he needs to find out why. Person to person, why did you kill our clan, our family? And why did you spare me, and force me to deal with this on my own, as a young child. Try putting yourself in his shoes. If you can tell me you could just move on without knowing the truth, and validating your existance, you're a liar. Plain and simple.

But even so, he did gain feelings towards his friends. And he showed this on many occasions. How many times did he save Sakura and Naruto's life, when he could have just let them die? He didnt do it because it was his job, he did it because his emotions led him to do so. He didn't want to suffer the loss of another cared one, so he stopped it. But still, he couldn't let himself get close to anyone, he wouldn't.

Everyone says that he's such a crybaby for leaving the village, what an insult to ninjas everywhere! Well, the Village wasn't his true home. His home was gone, so how was he turning his back on something he was never facing in the first place? He was only getting sidetracked by staying there. He was barely getting stronger, Kakashi had taught him everything that he could, but even with Kakashi's lessons, he was powerless to stop his Brother, even humuliated. Can you imagine how that must have felt, after years of waiting you finally find the person responsible for all the pain in your life, and not only does he make easy work out of you, but he once again spares your life! In Sasuke's eyes, Itachi didnt even feel he was worthy of killing.

The person he cared for more than anything, seeing what a complete weakling he was. Seeing that even after the death of his family, Sasuke hadn't trained himself to be strong enough to handle himself. This event led Sasuke to finally decide what was right, for himself. He left the village. And its not as if he was completely cold-hearted about it. He listened to every word Sakura had to say, without interruption. A cold-hearted Emo kid cares nothing about what others have to say, but he showed her the respect to listen.

The Village itself was never there for Sasuke, in his eyes. To them, he was just the "Survivor", "The Last Uchiha", an interesting celebrity that people bet on at tournaments, that people whispered about as he passed. They never showed any true love or care for him, they merely treated him as a trophy. I dont know about you, but I wouldn't want to stay in a place like that. I'd have no problems leaving a place that did nothing but haunt me of the pain from the past. And yes, he shared a bond with his team. But he made his decision long before he met them.

What type of Ninja would he be, had he just given up on his goals? Everyone thinks so highly of Naruto because he always follows his Nindo. He never goes back on his word. Well, Sasuke's is quite similar. He made a choice from the moment the tragedy happened, he trained and honed his skills by himself for years. He dealt with the emotional loss and the care of himself. And he made his choice; He will find out why. He will be strong enough to defeat his brother. His clan cannot rest, or even be safe to restore, as long as the man who murdered them all exists.

He doesnt fear death. He proved that when he was willing to "Die" to gain power from Orochimaru. And he never joined Oro to go against Konoha for that matter. He used him to find new ways to gain power, furtherly fulfilling his goal. Once he was done with him, he got rid of him. Nothing can hold the guy back.

His purpose was to avenge his family, plain and simple. Defeat the threat to his clan, the people who caused him so much torment. And he hasn't done that yet, but he continues to drive on. He's been through hell and back, faced amazing opponents and come out on top, He's run into his old allies multiple times, had the oppurtunity to kill them every time, but still chose not to.

You say he's a fruit loop. But despite all this, despite going through everything he has been through in these past years, he has managed to keep his sanity. He has allies that he protects with his life(The Killerbee/Karin situation), and he has goals that have never swayed.

The way I see it, that's a pretty damn sane Ninja to me.

Quit attacking him for having the same ambition that you all love Naruto for. Quit assuming that you know ANYTHING at all about the losses he has suffered, and the emotional trauma he has endured.

Truth of the matter is, my father's dead. My mother's dying but has nothing to do with me. My family has disowned me because of complicated reasons from our past. They kicked me out on the street when I was 16. I bounced from place to place only to have my friends open their homes to me, and kick me out a few weeks down the road for no valid reasons. I've slept in my car, gone to churches for food to keep from going hungry, but I kept pursuing my dreams, and now I have my own place, my own vehicle, and everything. And I'm barely turning 20 years old.

My father tried to kill me when I was a kid. I won't say why, or how, because that's none of your business. After my mom stopped him, we disappeared for a while, and he stayed in jail for a few years. After he was released, he killed himself. Tragic yes? Oh well, that's life.

I spent the better part of my life fighting that side of me. The side that felt responsible for my father's death, the side that made me feel like I was just like him. My own mother blamed me for my dad leaving us. I have to live knowing that there's someone who, despite claiming that she never said that, felt that way.

And the ONE person that I've ever actually loved in my life; her name is Sarah. I met her when I was 13 and she was 15. She was the only person who made me feel like I was worth something, and that I would be something when I grew up. At first, I thought it was love that I felt for her. Later I knew that it was like she was my sister, the only real family I ever had. Unfortunately, she too was taking from me in a car wreck close to her 17th birthday.

I snapped. I started getting in fights, eventually getting expelled from school. My family called me a piece of crap, and I started doing stupid things that got me into trouble. Stealing, vandalizing, and more fighting. Nobody ever took the time to try to make me realize it wasn't my fault, and there was more to look forward to. They just told me "Dont do it. Dont turn out like your father." As if that helped me.

I now have ONE goal in my life. A goal I have never shared with ANYONE. None of my girlfriends, friends, family, nobody. And I wont ever tell anyone this goal because I'm not sure if there is anyone out there who could understand it. But nothing, I repeat, NOTHING WILL EVER keep me from accomplishing this goal.

This is why I relate to Sasuke more than anyone. More than any real person. More than any fictional character. I find myself in an animated cartoon from Japan. And to sit here listening to people badmouth him because of things they don't understand....That's fine by me.

I just hope you all can appreciate the position he has went through. And if anyone's taken the time to read this, thank you. I value all of your opinions and look forward to more debating.

His clan Was Power hungry War Mongers. They like danzo Do not deserve to be in charge of the village. why? Because they would rather see the village crumble to almost nothing for there own personal gain. If they would have went through with there coup de tat it would have attracted rival nations to attack while the village was down, causing more pain death and sorrow for every one. If that was ok with them as long as they got there power rush then they deserved there fate i mean for god sakes the next heir to head of the clan is the one that accepted the mission to eradicate them.

Sasuke always used the fact that He had no one as an excuse for what he did. But Every time someone offered to be his friend, his shoulder to cry on he told them to get lost and drove them away.

I am in no way saying he had lived a charmed life but.... His actions are just unjustifiable... I mean i dont care i would easily try to stop my friend from doing something stupid like that

Other than the stereotypical "EMO" insult, that's exactly why I like him so much. He just doesn't give a damn! You call it a tantrum, but I call it an insatiable thirst to make himself stronger. His entire life is motivated by revenge, the death of a family, something most of you could never understand, and in his eyes, the death of his family and clan in the hands of his own brother! The man he revered and loved more than any other.

It's for this reason that he doesn't care about his friends, because he never intended on making friends in the first place, nor did he want them once he had them. He saved Naruto and Sakura's life on many occasions, but you call him completely self-centered? He could have just as easily let Sakura get impaled by Orochimaru in the Forest of Death. He could have let Haku destroy Naruto in the Crystal Mirror battle, but still he didnt. Obviously he's not the completely self-centered ass that you think he is.

But everyone says that "Oh, he left the village, what a baby!" No, he wasn't getting anywhere in Konoha, but sidetracked. Kakashi taught him almost everything he could, and even with Kakashi's lessons, he still wasn't strong enough. Everyone respects Naruto so much because his Nindo is "To never go back on my word!" Sasuke's isn't much different, except his word is to defeat his brother and restore his clan and the honor that once came with it.

Sasuke is a self-taught gifted genius, but he knew that he needed more. More power, more jutsu, more knowledge, even if it meant using Orichimaru. He has no intention on destroying his friends or the Leaf Village for that matter, but if they tried to stop him, so be it. He could have killed Naruto. Did he? Nope.

He never wanted friends or a village in the first place. So bashing him for deserting what he never cared for in the first place, is completely and utterly ridiculous.

Oh, and keeping to yourself and wanting to fulfill your only goal in life, does not constitute as emo. If he was emo, he'd want everyone's pity. But obviously he doesn't care, now does he?

You make some good points.

However, by your logic, I should be able to run away from home without people caring because I DON'T GIVE A RAT'S ASS ABOUT MY FAMILY. I atleast appreciate what my family has done for me (even though I can't honestly say I love anyone in my family), whereas in Sasuke's case, it's more like "Hey, this village has done so much for me. Why don't I STAB THEM IN THE BACK?"

I believe he is a strong fighter, but he isn't that great of a person in my opinion, and THAT is why I don't like him.

Well, here's the difference. You love your family. They love you. You grew up with them always being there for you. I'm sure there were times when things got bad, but all in all, they were there. I'm speaking hypothetically of course, cause I know nothing of your personal life, but I see what you're trying to say.

The village wasn't always there for him. At least in his eyes anyway. He was just another Ninja student that everyone prodded over because he was "The Last Uchiha". No one cared about him as a person, and he knew that. He had no family or emotional bonds to the village, and made his decision to fulfill his revenge by whatever means necassary long before the bond with Naruto/Sakura/Kakashi was formed.

Everyone respects Naruto because of his Nindo. "I never go back on my word." Well Sasuke's Nindo was all too similar. He didnt go back on his word. He seeks the strength to avenge his family. His clan. And why should he decide to break his vow just because he made a couple friends?

But everyone jumps on his case just because he followed the only thing that's kept his ambition and drive going all these years.

As he said, "You have no idea what it is to be alone." So how can we judge him for that?

being a reminder of your worst qualities should make you feel part of what Sasuke has had to feel his entire life. Nothing but pain. Take it from me. I'm not going to get in to how tragic my life has been because its a very personal subject for me. But that is the main reason I can relate to Sasuke.

While I may not agree him shunning the people who cared about him, I can understand him in doing so. Like I said, he didnt want people to care about them. But still, in his own little way, he showed Sakura that he did appreciate everything she has done for him by listening to every word before he left Konoha, and even telling her "Thank You Sakura".

In turn, he showed Naruto the same respect, but in a much different way. He let him live. From his knowledge, killing Naruto would have made him gain the Mongekyo. But he STILL chose to let him live. That was really the only was that Sasuke could show that he cared for somebody.

I have friends, yes. But I dont have a single true friend in my life. I dont have any family. And I also have a greater goal with my life. So would I abandon all my friends if the oppurtunity to fulfill my goals presented itself? Yes, I would. Because those friends of mine are nothing but a roadblock to me. The same thing goes for girls and relationships. I can't keep a girlfriend, not because I cheat on them, or lose interest in them. Its because I know I cant be with them forever. So I break off the attachment before it begins, just like Sasuke chose to do. He knew that if he stayed with his village, he'd never have the heart to leave.

I guess I'm just cold-hearted. But I just haven't met someone special enough to make me feel like more. I can't be happy until I feel happy...

Nick Tasogare
08-04-2009, 03:16 AM
EDIT: Sorry....:(

TheBlackChidori
08-04-2009, 03:19 AM
Middle of the night OCD.

Itachi-Sama
08-04-2009, 03:22 AM
I do agree that Sasuke is a strong character. For many of the facts that TBC posted, I can truely say that I admire Sasuke even still, ever since I started the series as being one of my top favorite shinobi.

Luna Mikazuki
08-04-2009, 03:26 AM
I like Sasuke! He is a wonderful character...

Even though Gaara is still my favorite (no bashing please).

Sai's brother
08-04-2009, 03:28 AM
Wow. this is a long post.
I do agree on all the facts and things you posted about sasuke.

I don't know why a lot of people hate him for leaving the village though.

TheBlackChidori
08-04-2009, 03:31 AM
I doubt any of you actually read it....And did you have to quote it, the page is already long enough. :p

If you did take the time to read it, thank you.

Sai's brother
08-04-2009, 03:32 AM
I doubt any of you actually read it....And did you have to quote it, the page is already long enough. :p

I did read it all

and yes i had to quote it xD

Konan
08-04-2009, 03:43 AM
I have friends, yes. But I dont have a single true friend in my life.

I guess I'm just cold-hearted. But I just haven't met someone special enough to make me feel like more. I can't be happy until I feel happy...

With the first one I can relate, for the majority of my life I haven't had any real friends that would support me, my family was usually to busy with anything they could find to bother with me.

On the second one it is hard to find those connections and if you have to get rid of one then it is one of the hardest things you can do, thats why I haven't really been able to make such "bonds" except for a few people, and most of those people are gone now, and it hurts so much when you lose them, thats why I try to keep a minimum of as many bonds as I can.

Itachi-Sama
08-04-2009, 03:45 AM

I read the whole post as well. and you're very welcome.

danboy
08-04-2009, 04:05 AM
alright i admit sasuke is good but i think he's overated that and i hate for killing Itachi who is better i mean Itachi could've killed sasuke many times and lived with the guilt of killing his clan
he took a dive when fighting sasuke and thanks to you TBC my eyes hurt from reading

NarutoBelieves
08-04-2009, 04:54 AM
Well, it's a shame whe Prince Charming has no love interest in the Princess in the first place. If Sasuke told her how much he loved her before doing this to her, sure, he'd be an ass. But he never gave her any reason to make her believe he had feelings for her. It's her own fault for not taking the hint.

Long thread, couldn't read it all but I should tell my opinion about this.

Sasuke does NOT show his feelings. This does NOT mean he does NOT have any. He sees those ties obstacles preventing him from reaching his goal, that's why he is pretending not to care.

BTW you did not watch the scene carefully. Sasuke stops and listens what Sakura says. If he did not care he would have just walked away. The way he says "you are annoying" is actually much much deeper then you think. He gets "annoyed" because Sakura's words actually touched him. Again the way he says "thank you" is actually one of the most emotional things he said until that moment in the series. These hints lead me to believe that Sasuke actually has very strong feelings for Sakura (even love) and he is trying to avoid it by using the hatred he has for his brother.

I think there is a lot more in Sasuke then meets the eye.

When you read the recent chapters about Sasuke , his fights , you can see that he is in a dark dark emotional state. Never knew someone to trust, surrounded by violence, so alone , so cruel and always suffering. Yes he may seem to choose it BUT he didn't have
a pervy Sage to show him the way. After the death of 3rd hokage he was left with the elders trying to kill him AND with his brother who wanted to make him stronger in a cruel way. Also kakashi was not a good guide for him. People really forget all these things.

I am one of those who really want Sasuke to turn back good. I really believe he also deserves to feel love instead of pain. I also believe this is what Naruto is about. If he dies like this, as a villian, full of hate, it will be a life of only suffering. I believe Naruto also feels this and will turn him good...

Shkin
08-04-2009, 05:40 AM
urgh! now my eyes hurt!...teehee...too much caffeine it is TBC...call it caffeine overload.
JK. but you made a sound argument...or should i say piece...that's something we ought to think about............................................. .................................................. ...
its too long though...memory slows down and hard drive of my brains kinda freeze out...need a better processor for my brains...teehee....

Tebayo
08-04-2009, 05:49 AM
I really think you have made some good, valid points, and I actually agree with some (if not all) of what you are saying. This is coming from someone not too fond of Sasuke. Believe it or not, I actually read your whole post and I think it's awesome that you find that sort of depth in Sasuke's character!

But for me personally, I just can't interpret his character the way you do. There is just something about Sasuke that I really just do not like, but I really don't try to be a hater about it. Maybe one day he'll do something that will make me gain more respect for him, but right now, not really.

I'm not really fond of people who don't care about what happens to anyone or anything as long as they accomplish their goal. It just seems really selfish to me. When there are people around you who have shown that they actually care about you, and then you cast them aside to accomplish your own goals, I just can't accept that.

But hey, maybe there is more the this Uchiha than meets the eye? I'm not one to say I know his character inside and out.

zerosameri
08-04-2009, 05:55 AM
wow this was a long read, it all most took me 20 minutes to read. But it was a good reas, but any ways i agree. :mrgreen:

TheBlackChidori
08-04-2009, 01:19 PM
I really think you have made some good, valid points, and I actually agree with some (if not all) of what you are saying. This is coming from someone not too fond of Sasuke. Believe it or not, I actually read your whole post and I think it's awesome that you find that sort of depth in Sasuke's character!

But for me personally, I just can't interpret his character the way you do. There is just something about Sasuke that I really just do not like, but I really don't try to be a hater about it. Maybe one day he'll do something that will make me gain more respect for him, but right now, not really.

I'm not really fond of people who don't care about what happens to anyone or anything as long as they accomplish their goal. It just seems really selfish to me. When there are people around you who have shown that they actually care about you, and then you cast them aside to accomplish your own goals, I just can't accept that.

But hey, maybe there is more the this Uchiha than meets the eye? I'm not one to say I know his character inside and out.

I dont expect anyone to change their minds, just understand him a little better. Just like Sasuke cant change the way he feels, you cant change the way you feel.

Shkin
08-04-2009, 08:43 PM
I dont expect anyone to change their minds, just understand him a little better. Just like Sasuke cant change the way he feels, you cant change the way you feel.
one can always change the way they feel...i believe in change...give it sometime...
and i really think Sasuke is changing actually...just wait and see...he will be the Sasuke that we've always wanted to come home to Konoha...

Sasuke072
08-04-2009, 09:14 PM
You are my hero. Finally. Sasuke needs more people to understand him on these threads...

rainbowrazor
08-04-2009, 09:41 PM
thanks chidori u make people realize that he is very important and not that bad i love sasuke very much

Taker369
08-04-2009, 10:16 PM
i agree thanks TBC.

Brandon_Uchia
08-04-2009, 10:38 PM
I agree with it all, thank you its great.

Taker369
08-04-2009, 10:51 PM
wow tbc your a true sauske fan nice to know.

TheBlackChidori
08-05-2009, 01:40 AM
Wow. Not a single point of rep for that essay I wrote. :p

Sai's brother
08-05-2009, 01:40 AM
I cant rep you cuz i have to wait

Sasuke
08-05-2009, 02:17 AM
You are my hero. Finally. Sasuke needs more people to understand him on these threads...

I agree with you Sasuke072, and TBC I read the whole thing and I gave you a rep.

TheBlackChidori
08-05-2009, 02:27 AM
I cant rep you cuz i have to wait

Kidding. ^_^

Sai's brother
08-05-2009, 02:28 AM
Kidding. ^_^

...and plus i said id give you a rep for helping me remember?

ベーゼル
08-05-2009, 02:35 AM
hmm Interesting... for the first few paragraph, didn't read it all way too long, might wanna short it a bit lol.

Kishimoto
08-05-2009, 02:35 AM
Genius!

Shkin
08-05-2009, 02:43 AM
see TBC you're not the only Sasuke fanboy...teehee. JK. and it was great that you wrote this...making each one of us think about our own perspectives...(at least on my part).

Kishimoto
08-05-2009, 02:44 AM
Seems to me that hes trying to show you an insight through his eyes the eyes of someone who has had a painful life maybe

La.Mr.De 4Th
08-05-2009, 02:49 AM
Wow am speechless :|:|:|

TheBlackChidori
08-05-2009, 04:06 AM
Seems to me that hes trying to show you an insight through his eyes the eyes of someone who has had a painful life maybe

....Are you a sorceror?

Sasuke072
08-05-2009, 12:29 PM
Sasuke's the best character out there! :twisted:

rocketjed1
08-05-2009, 12:30 PM
I'm sorry but their are alot more better characters then Sasuke

Sasuke072
08-05-2009, 12:33 PM
I'm sorry but their are alot more better characters then Sasuke

That would be your opinion. I still think Sasuke's the best.

jounin
08-05-2009, 12:40 PM
exactly,man ill rep you for that, he has a purpose for being like that, I would be like him if someone did that to my family.People just dont understand him

CattraFocuser
08-05-2009, 12:56 PM
Sasuke for sure is not my favorite character....but my mind is open enough to understand something like what he has gone through. I've learned myself over years of living that life is not in black and white and Sasuke is no exception. I think that's made clear in this show in general that it's not just "Omgz we defeated te h bad man, hooray for ninjas". There is much more to it than that obviously. No one is truly "good" or "evil" and we see that with the inner workings of the mind of people like Sasuke and Kabuto,who are both very complex beings.

X__Sasuke__X
08-05-2009, 01:17 PM
Dude, I am relaly sorry about your family, and life and all. I totally agree about everything you said to defend Sasuke's reputation. All I can say is- Thank you.

deidara330
08-05-2009, 01:17 PM
The Results of Largue Quantities of Caffeine at 4AM

Perhaps you can finally understand the depth of Sasuke, and why he does the things he does. He's not evil, he's not a bad person. He is just more than you can possibly imagine. A couple older posts of mine, but mainly new.

Remind me again....Did Sasuke ask Naruto to follow him? Nope, Naruto chased after him, and told him he was taking him back to the village no matter what. Yes, Naruto was doing it for the right reasons. But regardless, nothing was going to stop Sasuke from fulfilling his goal. Sasuke didn't say "Hey Naruto, come meet me here so we can fight!"

I'm sick of everyone calling him a bad friend because of this. Let me make this very clear.

HE DID NOT WANT ANY FRIENDS

HE DENIED ANY ATTACHMENTS

HE MADE IT VERY CLEAR TO THEM THAT HE HAD A GREATER PURPOSE

He didn't become best buds with them all, exchange stories and laugh of memories past, or really spend any of his time outside of work with them. He saved their lives a couple times. They saved his. That was their friendship. That's it.

If you were at work, and there was a guy you knew very well. You weren't really friends, just co-workers. One day, you see him walking across the street and talking on his cellphone, not paying any attention to the road. A car's speeding at him from the other direction, so you run at him and push him out of the way. You save his life, great. But you don't become best friends, don't go out to dinners together, or even hang out after work.

But you then get offered a better job at a company from another state. You take it, and leave the guy who's life you saved behind. He says to you:

"Don't leave, you're my best friend! Please, stay here with me, ignore all your life goals, and completely reverse the purpose of your life because I asked you to!"

Are you going to stay? Uhh, no.

Look at why he joined the Akatsuki. He just found out that the Leaders of the Village that was always so good, and so fond of the Uchiha Clan, and talked about "What a tragedy it is about your clan...", are really the ones who ordered their deaths in the first place.

I'd be ready to join up an orginization and exact my revenge too. He found out his brother was next to innocent, the only person he had left(Whether it be for good or bad), and now he's gone, at his own hands no less. Sasuke is GOING to restore his clan and avenge his family, regardless of what it takes. He has NEVER killed an innocent person before. He has NEVER ambushed someone who hasn't given him a reason to do so, or challenged him in the first place. So just because he joined a group that does things that even the Leaf Village has done in the past, he should lose respect?

It was really nice of Sasuke not to kill Naruto after he fought with him, what a great friend I wish my best friend would beat me up and decide not kill me with a finishing blow

No, you seem to have it all wrong. Sasuke never cared for "The Village" to begin with, or the people in it for that matter. The only people he loved were taken away from him at a young age, so there was no way he was going to let himself once again become attached to anything. He hated the village. It was a sign of imprisonment to him, a waste of time that just held him back from fulfilling the only purpose he has ever known or believed in. You call it loopy, but I call it an unquenchable thirst to fulfill his goals and become stronger.

This boy had to watch his brother, the person he admired more than any other alive, kill his entire clan, murder his parents, before his very eyes. The respect and the love he had always had for his brother, and he goes and does such an atrocious thing. He took EVERYTHING from Sasuke. Nobody here can truly understand what its like to have everything you love taken away from you. Everything you ever knew, what you were raised with, what you were raised to believe was your set path in life, gone in an instant, with no hope of ever returning. In turn, he becomes vengeful towards Itachi, even obsessed.

Itachi is his last link to the only place he ever called home, the only time he ever felt true happiness. More than anything, more than the revenge he wants by killing his brother, he needs to find out why. Person to person, why did you kill our clan, our family? And why did you spare me, and force me to deal with this on my own, as a young child. Try putting yourself in his shoes. If you can tell me you could just move on without knowing the truth, and validating your existance, you're a liar. Plain and simple.

But even so, he did gain feelings towards his friends. And he showed this on many occasions. How many times did he save Sakura and Naruto's life, when he could have just let them die? He didnt do it because it was his job, he did it because his emotions led him to do so. He didn't want to suffer the loss of another cared one, so he stopped it. But still, he couldn't let himself get close to anyone, he wouldn't.

Everyone says that he's such a crybaby for leaving the village, what an insult to ninjas everywhere! Well, the Village wasn't his true home. His home was gone, so how was he turning his back on something he was never facing in the first place? He was only getting sidetracked by staying there. He was barely getting stronger, Kakashi had taught him everything that he could, but even with Kakashi's lessons, he was powerless to stop his Brother, even humuliated. Can you imagine how that must have felt, after years of waiting you finally find the person responsible for all the pain in your life, and not only does he make easy work out of you, but he once again spares your life! In Sasuke's eyes, Itachi didnt even feel he was worthy of killing.

The person he cared for more than anything, seeing what a complete weakling he was. Seeing that even after the death of his family, Sasuke hadn't trained himself to be strong enough to handle himself. This event led Sasuke to finally decide what was right, for himself. He left the village. And its not as if he was completely cold-hearted about it. He listened to every word Sakura had to say, without interruption. A cold-hearted Emo kid cares nothing about what others have to say, but he showed her the respect to listen.

The Village itself was never there for Sasuke, in his eyes. To them, he was just the "Survivor", "The Last Uchiha", an interesting celebrity that people bet on at tournaments, that people whispered about as he passed. They never showed any true love or care for him, they merely treated him as a trophy. I dont know about you, but I wouldn't want to stay in a place like that. I'd have no problems leaving a place that did nothing but haunt me of the pain from the past. And yes, he shared a bond with his team. But he made his decision long before he met them.

What type of Ninja would he be, had he just given up on his goals? Everyone thinks so highly of Naruto because he always follows his Nindo. He never goes back on his word. Well, Sasuke's is quite similar. He made a choice from the moment the tragedy happened, he trained and honed his skills by himself for years. He dealt with the emotional loss and the care of himself. And he made his choice; He will find out why. He will be strong enough to defeat his brother. His clan cannot rest, or even be safe to restore, as long as the man who murdered them all exists.

He doesnt fear death. He proved that when he was willing to "Die" to gain power from Orochimaru. And he never joined Oro to go against Konoha for that matter. He used him to find new ways to gain power, furtherly fulfilling his goal. Once he was done with him, he got rid of him. Nothing can hold the guy back.

His purpose was to avenge his family, plain and simple. Defeat the threat to his clan, the people who caused him so much torment. And he hasn't done that yet, but he continues to drive on. He's been through hell and back, faced amazing opponents and come out on top, He's run into his old allies multiple times, had the oppurtunity to kill them every time, but still chose not to.

You say he's a fruit loop. But despite all this, despite going through everything he has been through in these past years, he has managed to keep his sanity. He has allies that he protects with his life(The Killerbee/Karin situation), and he has goals that have never swayed.

The way I see it, that's a pretty damn sane Ninja to me.

Quit attacking him for having the same ambition that you all love Naruto for. Quit assuming that you know ANYTHING at all about the losses he has suffered, and the emotional trauma he has endured.

Truth of the matter is, my father's dead. My mother's dying but has nothing to do with me. My family has disowned me because of complicated reasons from our past. They kicked me out on the street when I was 16. I bounced from place to place only to have my friends open their homes to me, and kick me out a few weeks down the road for no valid reasons. I've slept in my car, gone to churches for food to keep from going hungry, but I kept pursuing my dreams, and now I have my own place, my own vehicle, and everything. And I'm barely turning 20 years old.

My father tried to kill me when I was a kid. I won't say why, or how, because that's none of your business. After my mom stopped him, we disappeared for a while, and he stayed in jail for a few years. After he was released, he killed himself. Tragic yes? Oh well, that's life.

I spent the better part of my life fighting that side of me. The side that felt responsible for my father's death, the side that made me feel like I was just like him. My own mother blamed me for my dad leaving us. I have to live knowing that there's someone who, despite claiming that she never said that, felt that way.

And the ONE person that I've ever actually loved in my life; her name is Sarah. I met her when I was 13 and she was 15. She was the only person who made me feel like I was worth something, and that I would be something when I grew up. At first, I thought it was love that I felt for her. Later I knew that it was like she was my sister, the only real family I ever had. Unfortunately, she too was taking from me in a car wreck close to her 17th birthday.

I snapped. I started getting in fights, eventually getting expelled from school. My family called me a piece of crap, and I started doing stupid things that got me into trouble. Stealing, vandalizing, and more fighting. Nobody ever took the time to try to make me realize it wasn't my fault, and there was more to look forward to. They just told me "Dont do it. Dont turn out like your father." As if that helped me.

I now have ONE goal in my life. A goal I have never shared with ANYONE. None of my girlfriends, friends, family, nobody. And I wont ever tell anyone this goal because I'm not sure if there is anyone out there who could understand it. But nothing, I repeat, NOTHING WILL EVER keep me from accomplishing this goal.

This is why I relate to Sasuke more than anyone. More than any real person. More than any fictional character. I find myself in an animated cartoon from Japan. And to sit here listening to people badmouth him because of things they don't understand....That's fine by me.

I just hope you all can appreciate the position he has went through. And if anyone's taken the time to read this, thank you. I value all of your opinions and look forward to more debating.

His clan Was Power hungry War Mongers. They like danzo Do not deserve to be in charge of the village. why? Because they would rather see the village crumble to almost nothing for there own personal gain. If they would have went through with there coup de tat it would have attracted rival nations to attack while the village was down, causing more pain death and sorrow for every one. If that was ok with them as long as they got there power rush then they deserved there fate i mean for god sakes the next heir to head of the clan is the one that accepted the mission to eradicate them.

Sasuke always used the fact that He had no one as an excuse for what he did. But Every time someone offered to be his friend, his shoulder to cry on he told them to get lost and drove them away.

I am in no way saying he had lived a charmed life but.... His actions are just unjustifiable... I mean i dont care i would easily try to stop my friend from doing something stupid like that

Other than the stereotypical "EMO" insult, that's exactly why I like him so much. He just doesn't give a damn! You call it a tantrum, but I call it an insatiable thirst to make himself stronger. His entire life is motivated by revenge, the death of a family, something most of you could never understand, and in his eyes, the death of his family and clan in the hands of his own brother! The man he revered and loved more than any other.

It's for this reason that he doesn't care about his friends, because he never intended on making friends in the first place, nor did he want them once he had them. He saved Naruto and Sakura's life on many occasions, but you call him completely self-centered? He could have just as easily let Sakura get impaled by Orochimaru in the Forest of Death. He could have let Haku destroy Naruto in the Crystal Mirror battle, but still he didnt. Obviously he's not the completely self-centered ass that you think he is.

But everyone says that "Oh, he left the village, what a baby!" No, he wasn't getting anywhere in Konoha, but sidetracked. Kakashi taught him almost everything he could, and even with Kakashi's lessons, he still wasn't strong enough. Everyone respects Naruto so much because his Nindo is "To never go back on my word!" Sasuke's isn't much different, except his word is to defeat his brother and restore his clan and the honor that once came with it.

Sasuke is a self-taught gifted genius, but he knew that he needed more. More power, more jutsu, more knowledge, even if it meant using Orichimaru. He has no intention on destroying his friends or the Leaf Village for that matter, but if they tried to stop him, so be it. He could have killed Naruto. Did he? Nope.

He never wanted friends or a village in the first place. So bashing him for deserting what he never cared for in the first place, is completely and utterly ridiculous.

Oh, and keeping to yourself and wanting to fulfill your only goal in life, does not constitute as emo. If he was emo, he'd want everyone's pity. But obviously he doesn't care, now does he?

Well, here's the difference. You love your family. They love you. You grew up with them always being there for you. I'm sure there were times when things got bad, but all in all, they were there. I'm speaking hypothetically of course, cause I know nothing of your personal life, but I see what you're trying to say.

The village wasn't always there for him. At least in his eyes anyway. He was just another Ninja student that everyone prodded over because he was "The Last Uchiha". No one cared about him as a person, and he knew that. He had no family or emotional bonds to the village, and made his decision to fulfill his revenge by whatever means necassary long before the bond with Naruto/Sakura/Kakashi was formed.

Everyone respects Naruto because of his Nindo. "I never go back on my word." Well Sasuke's Nindo was all too similar. He didnt go back on his word. He seeks the strength to avenge his family. His clan. And why should he decide to break his vow just because he made a couple friends?

But everyone jumps on his case just because he followed the only thing that's kept his ambition and drive going all these years.

As he said, "You have no idea what it is to be alone." So how can we judge him for that?

being a reminder of your worst qualities should make you feel part of what Sasuke has had to feel his entire life. Nothing but pain. Take it from me. I'm not going to get in to how tragic my life has been because its a very personal subject for me. But that is the main reason I can relate to Sasuke.

While I may not agree him shunning the people who cared about him, I can understand him in doing so. Like I said, he didnt want people to care about them. But still, in his own little way, he showed Sakura that he did appreciate everything she has done for him by listening to every word before he left Konoha, and even telling her "Thank You Sakura".

In turn, he showed Naruto the same respect, but in a much different way. He let him live. From his knowledge, killing Naruto would have made him gain the Mongekyo. But he STILL chose to let him live. That was really the only was that Sasuke could show that he cared for somebody.

I have friends, yes. But I dont have a single true friend in my life. I dont have any family. And I also have a greater goal with my life. So would I abandon all my friends if the oppurtunity to fulfill my goals presented itself? Yes, I would. Because those friends of mine are nothing but a roadblock to me. The same thing goes for girls and relationships. I can't keep a girlfriend, not because I cheat on them, or lose interest in them. Its because I know I cant be with them forever. So I break off the attachment before it begins, just like Sasuke chose to do. He knew that if he stayed with his village, he'd never have the heart to leave.

Wow, I was never really a Sasuke hater, but he just moved up on my list of favorite characters. Oh, and I request you put your post in a spoiler tag, because it is quite huge.

X__Sasuke__X
08-05-2009, 01:20 PM
Wow. Not a single point of rep for that essay I wrote. :p

I hit the rep think but then it said I have to spread some. I'm trying currently.

dillydally
08-05-2009, 04:56 PM
That was a really powerful post, thank for spending the time writing it. i feel as if i understand sasuke a little better now, not that i can every truely understand his feelings because what he went thro was unimaginably horrible, which is a reason why alot of people can't comprehend some of the thing he does, which i most confessed i'm included in some times. your post did make rethink my view on sasuke, and as of now i'm not sure what i think of him any more

TheBlackChidori
08-05-2009, 05:19 PM
Thank you guys. ^_^

rainbowrazor
08-05-2009, 05:22 PM
your post was really awsome u must of put a lot of effort into it

ベーゼル
08-06-2009, 02:14 PM
After reading that. I agree, Sasuke should get more respect. He lost his family and everything. If you put yourself into his position. You could probably feel his pain but it's not alway that simple, there could be more reason why he acting unnormal. There just some things people may not see until you have experience them your self

Sasuke
08-11-2009, 11:30 PM
After reading that. I agree, Sasuke should get more respect. He lost his family and everything. If you put yourself into his position. You could probably feel his pain but it's not alway that simple, there could be more reason why he acting unnormal. There just some things people may not see until you have experience them your self

That is true but it isn't the only reason that Sasuke acts like that only because Itachi killed his whole family, the thing that effected him more was that his only brother that he looked up to and he wanted to be like was the one that killed all of his family. Which one would hurt more:

1) Some random prerson that you don't know killing your whole family.

or

2) Your older brother that has always been around you, that you looked up to, and that has helped you through troubled times killing your family.

I am not trying to bash or anything but I am trying to make a point why Sasuke is acting abnormal.

rainbowrazor
08-12-2009, 03:48 PM
sasukes the best

black chidori
08-12-2009, 03:58 PM
i have read this whole thing and i agree with you hes not a bad guy if he was he would have killed more people and he dosen't

Nemico
08-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Wow this made me see alot
Alot of work went into this...

Amai Shikome
08-12-2009, 06:25 PM
" guess I'm just cold-hearted. But I just haven't met someone special enough to make me feel like more. I can't be happy until I feel happy..."

Statements like this are very common for you I have noticed. I think I am learning more and more why Sasuke is your favorite.

TheBlackChidori
11-25-2010, 09:52 PM
Man this was gold

HeavenShocking LunarFang7
11-25-2010, 10:59 PM
That was, without doubt, the smartest, intelligent, relevant, heart-breaking, heart-warming, amazing, supported, motivating, and strongest thing that I have ever read in my entire life. The amount of detail and effort put into this, is utterly remarkable. I was speechless reading it. I didn't even mind that it was huge, because of the amount information in that one post.

You thought of some of the greatest, plot twisting, ideas ever! I couldn't be able to do all of that, in all of my life span. I truly am grateful that I read it all, and that someone is willing to go out and say; "Hey, my life was just like this guy, and people will never fully understand what it's like to have all this done to you."

But, you're not only. (Read this ONLY, if you actually want to know about my life. If you don't, then don't read it, whatever.)

When I was born, my dad split. Leaving my mother to care for me by herself. When I was 13, she died. Leaving me to support my three brothers, until we were adopted by our abusive uncle and aunt. Living with them was a living hell. My brothers and I were given very little food, and I had to give up as much as I could to make they lived. I nearly starved numerous times.

And, being at the time, there were still hundreds of racists people in America, who didn't like me because I'm black. I was picked on, and beat up more than I can count. And I couldn't fight back because of punishments I thought I would get if I did. Well, one day, I snapped. I was being pushed around by five white kids, who thought because I didn't fight back for months, that I wouldn't eventually snap. And I ended up beating them so bad, they had to be hospitalized.

The punishment for it, and for all of the rest of the fights I got into, was being whipped with Barb Wire. I have hundreds of scars on my back from it. I had so many thoughts of running away, or thoughts of suicide, but I couldn't leave my brothers like that. So when I had enough money, I bought a car, and drove all the way to Florida from New York, with my brothers, to a run-down apartment.

I got involved in gangs, violence, drugs, etc. I hated it, I hated the thought of doing it, but it was the only way to keep my brothers alive, so I did it. Until I got advice from a Priest at a Methodist church. Who got me out of ghetto, and started to care for my family, until he was murdered by some freaking lunatic who killed only church officials. He left me, in his Will, enough money for my brothers to survive while I was at college.

At college, I found my first, and only friend I ever truly cared about almost as much as my brothers. A girl named Ashely, I won't say her last name, but she was the one who kept me going through college. When we both graduated, we both, being at the Naval Academy, joined the Marines instead of the Navy.

The first day in Iraq, the first day of the invasion..... She was shot in the head by an Iraqi sniper. And died immediately. The one person, who was 45 minutes ago, joking with me on the ship, taken from me in the blink of an eye.

Nothing, not the whipping, not the starvation, or the being picked on, hurt more than that. So I decided to never get close to anyone every again, until I met my ex-wife.

After graduating from college, I met a girl named Caitlin. She was friend of Ashley's. She introduced us. We ended up getting married, and having two kids. But, while my last tour in Iraq, she stopped writing to me. I just thought she was caught up with work, and to busy to write. So I pushed it out of my mind.

But when I got home, I wanted to surprise her, by not telling I was coming. When got to our house, there was a car, that wasn't hers, parked in the parking lot. I won't say what happened from there, but she was cheating on me. She cheated while I was in Iraq.

I filed for a divorce, and somehow, she manged to hurt me even more than cheating on me; She won our kids. She made it so that I can see my kids for only one day in the year!

Because of all of this, I too feel the same connection to Sasuke. It's pissed me off when people started talking crap about him, even though they didn't even know a fraction of what he went through. Because it felt like they were talk bad about me.

Blind Uchiha
11-25-2010, 11:29 PM
This post didn't really change my viewpoint on Sasuke considering that I already shared a similar opinion, however I can see that you put a lot of time and effort into making this post.

Jonesy
11-25-2010, 11:53 PM
Dang, I just crapped myself.

TheBlackChidori
11-26-2010, 01:59 PM
I really dislike when people post just to say "It's too long, I can't read that."

Not forcing you to read it. Don't tell me you didn't though. Rude. =(

Taker369
11-26-2010, 05:52 PM
best sasuke rant ever

Uchiha Raimaru
11-26-2010, 09:48 PM
Ah, a man after my own heart.

Actually, I can't believe I found somebody who's a bigger Sasuke fan than anyone. I always, from the moment I knew Sasuke's story, felt Sasuke's deeper meaning. I sympathized with him because he was (is) a hated character for what I felt was dumb reasons. Yes, he did some bad things. But you have to understand why he did what he did.

I also believe that Sasuke felt something for his team. I believe the "Thank you" held a deeper meaning coming from Sasuke. Maybe it wasn't romantic, and I'm not here to argue Sasuke/Sakura romance, but it was a little deeper than meets the eye. "Thank you for caring. Thank you for truly being an important person to me."

Still, I must disapprove of Sasuke's actions after obtaining Mangekyou and learning the truth behind Itachi. To kill the leaders makes good sense and I can understand it, but killing the whole village is not the character I love. I'm also in the "Sasuke please come back?" Party.

Anyway, a very insightful and great post (of which I read all of) and I feel that after this I understand both you and Sasuke better. Truly, thank you, TheBlackChidori. I'll rep you up (not that it's gonna mean anything coming from me, but it's the thought that counts?).

TheBlackChidori
11-27-2010, 06:21 PM
The thought is indeed what counts.

And I am also in the Sasuke-Come-Back! boat.

Wind Style Naruto
11-27-2010, 09:28 PM
I agree with you TBC.

Sasuke maybe one of the most hated anime characters out there but out of all of the anime rivalries he has shown more realistic traits other than the guy who just wants to be stronger than the main character.

Taker369
11-30-2010, 06:22 PM
The thought is indeed what counts.

And I am also in the Sasuke-Come-Back! boat.

dont tell me you have fallen into the sasuke haters ? :shock:

Throw Rasen-Shuriken
12-03-2010, 07:11 AM
/Doesn't read the large Text Wall

I am scared of those, completely strayed me off it ...

Though if anything, Sasuke is a strong and admirable Character, he shows strength in ways, also shows knowledge on things, so really, out of everything, no matter which side he's on, at least he stays or attempts, to stay true to himself and his own reasons.

Devil's Lawyer
12-03-2010, 07:46 AM
I made a post earlier in the year explaining all that. People ignored the hell out of me.:lol:I don't even know why people hate Sasuke in the first place. He is the exact same character as Naruto. Madara is basically responsible for both of their families deaths. They both have special abilities. They both were both loners as child. They even have the same attack different elements though. Same character different personalities.

junchurikioftheleaf
12-03-2010, 08:51 AM
TLDR

nuff said

king kakashi
12-03-2010, 12:37 PM
i think we shouldn't lable sasuke crazy to soon everytime he does something crazy it makes sense later
he joins orochimaru he takes orochimaru over
he fights naruto( pre time skip) he gets the third stage sharingan and the ms later

GwynethUchiha
01-03-2011, 07:21 PM
Image it as good as Sasuke is he may go good after seeing Itachi he is not crazy is is one of the best characters in the show expectioly in the oringinal naruto

zerosameri
01-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Sasuke is a kick ass awesome character. But you have to admit, he is kinda screwed up.

EvL j3st3r
01-03-2011, 08:02 PM
He is awsome, but he is more evil than I would like.

zerosameri
01-03-2011, 08:07 PM
He is awsome, but he is more evil than I would like.
That is what makes an awesome, disturbed villain. `:P

EvL j3st3r
01-03-2011, 08:23 PM
yea but I liked him better when he was just a loner seeking revenge over family issues. The kill everyone and everything twist was a bit much for me. It was like watching Anakin Skywalker slowly become Darth Vader. The super evil villains are fun to see but it's kind of disheartening when you've already seen them as one of the main protagonists. You have to see a big part of the character you liked so much die. We can see virtually no good in Sasuke anymore. Kishi killed a part of his character that drew us to him. It's still good writing bc it's captivating but it also still sucks.`~(

mrsticky005
01-10-2011, 02:01 AM
Good thread on Sasuke. I think Sasuke is one of the most interesting characters in the series mostly because I find the concept of revenge interesting because on one side you think "this is wrong" but on the other side you think "but if i was me..." You can't really say that you would not follow Sasuke's path if you were in his shoes because nobody but Sasuke has ever been in his shoes (nevermind that he is fictional.) Even when Sasuke killed my favorite character Danzo I have to admit
it was still fairly cool. Did I want Danzo to annihilate Sasuke? Of course I did.
Did I expect Danzo to annihilate Sasuke? Of course I didn't. Sasuke is the main
character and it should be expected that he would win. Although some parts
of the fight felt forced it was still fun to read. Ironically in the end I think
Sasuke will realize that although Danzo is a crafty badger...he was right all along.

Then there's Naruto. Naruto is awesome. Why is Naruto awesome? Because thinking about it he's pretty much Sasuke gone down the path of good. Good has the taboo
of being cheesy. But good is hardly cheesy at all. Good is not an easy path as the
cheesy good makes good out to be. Naruto is awesome because he shows us that
it took hard work and sacrifice to get to good and son of the Hokage or not Naruto
still did work very hard to get to the point of where he is. Call him a genius if you
want but remember that Kakashi called even Rock Lee a genius and not just one
of hard work.

Also that's too bad about your own family situation. Coming from someone like me,
who has not experienced what you went through this may mean absolutely
nothing to you but sorry you had to go through that. Again I have not experienced
what you went through but my own family situation which while quite mild to your
own family situation is still not what one would consider normal. My life isn't tragic
but it is abnormal. Though the funny part is that it's not the abnormality of my
life that bothers me it's the normality of my life that bothers me. Things everyone
else is bothered about bothers me. Though I try to see that these things that
are bothersome are trivial in the end. I have to admit though that my life has
gotten better. Is it the best I would hope for it to be? No but that's only because
I set high expectations for myself. Which is ironic because I'm so lazy. :P

TheBlackChidori
01-10-2011, 07:50 PM
Well, much appreciated that you took the time out of your night to read the whole thing. ^_^

zerosameri
01-10-2011, 07:55 PM
yea but I liked him better when he was just a loner seeking revenge over family issues. The kill everyone and everything twist was a bit much for me. It was like watching Anakin Skywalker slowly become Darth Vader. The super evil villains are fun to see but it's kind of disheartening when you've already seen them as one of the main protagonists. You have to see a big part of the character you liked so much die. We can see virtually no good in Sasuke anymore. Kishi killed a part of his character that drew us to him. It's still good writing bc it's captivating but it also still sucks.`~(He was a weak loser then. Now he is all bad ass and power craved. And that is why, it's called a plot twist.

deidara330
01-10-2011, 08:13 PM
I've never read the full first post, and probably never will (no offense). I simply never had a problem with Sasuke as a character. The only thing I don't understand is how Sasuke changed as a character from someone who would spare even fodder to someone who would kill without a second thought. You can say it was because of learning the truth, but look at his fight with Killerbee. Every one of his teammates saved his life, and when he saved theirs he thought of the old Team 7 for an instant. That was after he'd known the truth for a while. Do you have any explanation for this? (I still think Madara is behind it.)

mrsticky005
01-11-2011, 02:05 AM
Well, much appreciated that you took the time out of your night to read the whole thing. ^_^

Heh well even if it is long at least you're saying something.
Some people can go on for miles and say absolutely nothing.

Some people are me. `o.o"

Pierrot
01-14-2011, 09:37 AM
Read it -Jak

I still say, it still makes it hard for me to sympathize with him, but thats due to my nature.
I think Naruto is an idiot, I strongly believe that if you get near to killing yourself, you can achieve anything.
But acting nonchalantly about it... leads to a feeling of invincibility, which is called overconfidence, It can make you stupid...
I almost had hope for him in the Pain Invasion Arc.

But this is about Sasuke

Sasuke may live in a tone of depression, I can sympathize with that. But too many people suffer in a pessimistic mood, as I understand it. Stress, and multiple other factors can induce in hormonal teens, certain mindsets.
I can sympathize with Sasuke THIS far.
Trust me, I get REALLY annoyed when someone, namely my retarded brother... Starts complaining about the menial things, whether its Justin Bieber, or Edward Cullen.
Sasuke is near the same of something I despise, and hate to the core, Pessimists.
I wont call him 'Emo', I wont call him a 'Complainer'. But I certainly cant pity him.
Naruto may be going about this the wrong way, if Sasuke doesnt want to take his time, not get emotional, and figure out a difference between right and wrong, then he can go and become a traitor and mass murderer.

Now, TBC probably put Kishimoto's feelings towards Sasuke's character better than Kishi could himself, which is why I suggest you go back in time, and help Kishi develop Sasuke into a character I could appreciate :lol:

TL;DR, Nice 20+ Paragraphs TBC, Still dont like Sasuke all that much still :p

ban_shi
01-14-2011, 10:05 AM
agree with deadera....never had a problem with him before. Mainly bc I love characters that make me mad!!! I know weird, but characters that pervoke powerful emotions from the audience, hate, love, etc is what makes a show, movie, or song great.

Wooster
01-14-2011, 06:44 PM
I don't know why I am doing this as this is so old and despite what you say we all know Sasuke is a complete lame-wad, emo loser; nevertheless, I fell I can add something here.
Let me summarize your points that I feel need to be address.

1. Sasuke has gone through some complete messed up sheet
2. It's not his fault other people want to be his friends as he didn't ask for them
3. He is only following his goal no matter what the cost
4. His obsession with his brother is justified
5. Upon finding that his brother is innocent, his obsession with getting revenge is justified.

EINS!

I can agree that what Sasuke went through is certainly beyond what any of us could understand. I think most of us would be messed in the head after not only your family, but essentially your entire community was killed. I think the only actual people that could have any understanding of that are the survivors of the Holocaust, survivors of the A-bombs dropped on Japan, or similar type atrocities. So yes, this does excuse Sasuke from being messed up, and I will give him a large leeway for this. I will save his decisions about this action for the next sections.

ZWEI!

Sasuke is indeed an ass to both Sakura and Naruto. Any normal person would say Any normal person would say “fork Q” with his arrogant, stand-offish attitude; however, giving credit to Naruto and eventually Sakura, they keep trying to be his friend. You claim that this is still not his fault as he doesn't want friends and tells them that. I think Sakura case you are exactly right.

After trying to get her to buzz off and proceed to fulfill his dream of being more powerful. ( Sadly Sasuke just sucks at training I guess), he does indeed listen to the entirety of Sakura's diatribe. In fact, I will say Sasuke acted honorably here. He does not like Sakura, not at all really, but it does show that he respects her. How is someone supposed to react when some loves you, but you do not. You could just blow them off, but he did not do that. Heck, he even thanked her for her feelings showing that he understood what she was doing.

Hmm, I am having a hard time showing Sasuke is a emo jerk. Wait, here comes Naruto. Good this will work. Can we say the same thing about Naruto? Nope. Sasuke is an ass thesis works here. You may want to claim Sasuke does not feel friendship with Naruto, and all the previous knowledge we have would such suggest that this is true, but sadly Kishimoto does not allow this. Sasuke himself states that Naruto is his best friend. He goes through an angst ridden diatribe about how he must break this bond to become stronger. Sorry but this is one of the most pathetic moments of Sasuke, and to top it all off he does’t even go through with it. He lets Naruto live because apparently he doesn’t want to follow Itachi’s advice.

What? I thought he would do anything to become more powerful? So he will join the sworn enemy of his village, but he won’t kill one person that as you claim isn’t that important to him? Whether I agree with his goals or not, this is just stupid and illogical. Note that this point will come up again. I think a better explanation, which is that Sasuke still cares too much for Naruto to kill him. I don’t care that Sasuke later says, he saved Naruto because of a whim; I saw him staring into Naruto’s eyes at the end of that battle, such a poser.
DREI!!!

I guess we have moved on to the third point. All of his actions including leaving the village are justified because he needs to fulfill his goal. I do agree that relentless pursuit of a goal makes for an interesting character, i.e see Danzo. However, I think the way Sasuke goes about it is what detracts from his character. Sasuke was perfectly fine training in the village when he thought he was the strongest person there, but then he can’t defeat Gaara and, shame upon shame, Naruto can. Sasuke becomes angry that Naruto is catching up with him; he never acknowledges that Naruto is stronger than him. In fact, he gets so upset he fights Naruto. I am sorry but this is Loserville population Sasuke. He isn’t thinking about his brother here; he is just jealous. Look how shocked he is when he sees the rasengan is stronger than his chidori. This moment is another low point of Sasuke’s. Fine the Sound Four convince him that he needs more power to defeat Itachi. Sadly, his stupid head can’t seem to figure out that if Naruto can catch up to him while training in Konoha, perhaps Sasuke himself can become stronger as well. Nope, let’s leave the village because I suck. Yes, Sasuke you do. The problem I have here is not that Sasuke decides to leave, but that he doesn’t even believe in himself that he can become stronger. He is like the baseball player taking steroids to hit more homeruns, just pathetic.

VIER!!!

Alright, I guess we need to move on to his goal. Sasuke wants his revenge and no one understands him. Firstly, I don’t think this is true. Kakashi can very well understand Sasuke’s point of view. Kakashi mom dies at a young age, and he worshiped his father. Then when his father sacrifices his mission to save his teammates, he is reviled. So much so that Kakashi’s father kills himself. Next Kakashi team dies and gives Kakashi his eye. Somehow his other teammate and mentor die as well. Sasuke dismissal of Kakashi is a grave mark against him. I will leave future events until later.

However, I will say Sasuke revenge makes some sense. His own brother killed his entire clan. Of course, he wants to kill him. It also makes sense that he wants to do this himself. Having others kill Itachi would make no sense. Again, I give Sasuke a pass on this, and it makes for an interesting character.

FUNF!!!!

However, when Sasuke kills his brother his justification becomes extremely tenuous at best. Let lay this out. Sasuke gets his revenge on his vile brother, although we should note Itachi dies as Sasuke doesn’t kill him, he learns from Madara that whoops Itachi was good, NOW IMUST DESTROY KONOHA. Umm, this seems a bit cracked, actually I wished Sasuke was cracked *sighnation* I can believe Sasuke is shocked about the turn of events learning that Itachi loved him and kill the clan because they were obsessed with power, but blaming everyone in the village for this makes little sense. First of all this was Itachi’s choice. Second of all, Sasuke clan is pretty much evil. Getting revenge here makes little sense because what he wants back, a loving idyllic family, didn’t exist in the first place.

Here's mud in your sharingain eye!

Okay, maybe we can say he wants to get revenge on Itachi’s living a life as a criminal. I can live with that. Therefore, his desire for revenge on Danzo and the elders makes sense. They did order Itachi into this little arrangement. Sure I didn’t like that Sasuke killed Danzo. :[ but I don’t really begrudge him for it. Then Sasuke gave off an evil cackle. I thought “Huzzah” Sasuke has finally become the cracked villain anyone could love ala Kefka. Sadly, this moment lasts only a sec. Sasuke needs to kill everyone in Konoha. Why? Because they are happy when he is not. How damn pathetic. Sasuke then spouts off that he needs to kill Kakashi for blah blah blah…I don’t even really even care anymore except to say Sasuke desire to kill Kakashi makes little since as Kakashi does understand, and Kakashi had no involvement in the destruction of his clan. Anyway his desire that everyone know how he feels wipes out any respect I have for him. If he wants revenge do it, stop whining about it. Not to mention he goes around killing innocent Samurai just because they get in his way. The he takes Itachis’s eyes. What a scum bucket. Yes, I know many of these facts came to light after your thesis. TOO BAD! D:

Man, I could go for a scotch, you game?

So let me summarize. Was Sasuke a jerk? Hell yes, but he was cool and aloof plus he didn’t give a rat’s ass about anyone. Not my favorite character, but enough to be respected. His little leaving the village act was overwrought, but we can ignore it. However after Itachi’s death, his character has become the most whining, emo, piece of garbage imaginable. How I despise him.

I could comment on your personal connection to Sasuke, but everyone would see me as an ass except perhaps you. You know how straight to the point I am. Heehee

EvL j3st3r
01-14-2011, 06:49 PM
He was a weak loser then. Now he is all bad ass and power craved. And that is why, it's called a plot twist.

I said it's still good writing. It's just not my preference.

TheBlackChidori
01-14-2011, 08:48 PM
I'm only going to respond to the bad things. >:O

Hmm, I am having a hard time showing Sasuke is a emo jerk. Wait, here comes Naruto. Good this will work. Can we say the same thing about Naruto? Nope. Sasuke is an ass thesis works here. You may want to claim Sasuke does not feel friendship with Naruto, and all the previous knowledge we have would such suggest that this is true, but sadly Kishimoto does not allow this. Sasuke himself states that Naruto is his best friend. He goes through an angst ridden diatribe about how he must break this bond to become stronger. Sorry but this is one of the most pathetic moments of Sasuke, and to top it all off he does’t even go through with it. He lets Naruto live because apparently he doesn’t want to follow Itachi’s advice.

What? I thought he would do anything to become more powerful? So he will join the sworn enemy of his village, but he won’t kill one person that as you claim isn’t that important to him? Whether I agree with his goals or not, this is just stupid and illogical. Note that this point will come up again. I think a better explanation, which is that Sasuke still cares too much for Naruto to kill him. I don’t care that Sasuke later says, he saved Naruto because of a whim; I saw him staring into Naruto’s eyes at the end of that battle, such a poser.

Sasuke tried killing Naruto in their fight. Several times. If my validation of Sasuke's thoughts are correct, he wanted to proof himself against Naruto more than anyone besides Itachi. Four times in four situations, Naruto embarassed him.

Naruto defeated Haku when Sasuke couldn't.
Naruto took out that snake in the forest against Orochimaru.
Naruto summoned Gamabunta and defeated Gaara. (Big one)
Naruto's Rasengan on the rooftop >>>> Sasuke's Chidori

Top that off with Itachi embarassing him and coming there just for Naruto, I'd say he had grounds to fight Naruto with all his might. And he did. He admittedly pushed himself to his strongest form, and defeated Naruto. He realized "Hey wow, I really can get stronger on my own." So he left Naruto out of respect, honor, and final wishes to his friend.

Also note that in those 3 years Orochimaru was with Sasuke, not a single person from Konoha was ever harmed. That and he kills him.

The problem I have here is not that Sasuke decides to leave, but that he doesn’t even believe in himself that he can become stronger.

I disagree. I feel like that's exactly why he didn't kill Naruto. From what he knew, he could have awokened the Mongekyo Sharingan right then and there. But he didn't, he even said I'll do this without your help. And he used Orochimaru, even killed him after. Learned everything he could, and then purged the world(lolfail) of his vileness.

Alright, I guess we need to move on to his goal. Sasuke wants his revenge and no one understands him. Firstly, I don’t think this is true. Kakashi can very well understand Sasuke’s point of view. Kakashi mom dies at a young age, and he worshiped his father. Then when his father sacrifices his mission to save his teammates, he is reviled. So much so that Kakashi’s father kills himself. Next Kakashi team dies and gives Kakashi his eye. Somehow his other teammate and mentor die as well. Sasuke dismissal of Kakashi is a grave mark against him. I will leave future events until later.

If Tobi=Obito, Kakashi will be able to relate to Sasuke.

However, when Sasuke kills his brother his justification becomes extremely tenuous at best. Let lay this out. Sasuke gets his revenge on his vile brother, although we should note Itachi dies as Sasuke doesn’t kill him, he learns from Madara that whoops Itachi was good, NOW IMUST DESTROY KONOHA. Umm, this seems a bit cracked, actually I wished Sasuke was cracked *sighnation* I can believe Sasuke is shocked about the turn of events learning that Itachi loved him and kill the clan because they were obsessed with power, but blaming everyone in the village for this makes little sense. First of all this was Itachi’s choice. Second of all, Sasuke clan is pretty much evil. Getting revenge here makes little sense because what he wants back, a loving idyllic family, didn’t exist in the first place.

In my defense, Sasuke only wanted to kill the elders when I made that post.`o.o"

(I see you covered that in your next paragraph)

Man, I could go for a scotch, you game?

Sure. Also, I like the use of the word 'aloof'.

EvL j3st3r
01-14-2011, 09:05 PM
@TBC...concerning the first part of your last post......I see what you're saying there but I don't really think that's the case. I think when it really boils down to it, Sasuke just couldn't finish Naruto off bc of there bond. Sasuke was actually human back then. Naruto was his closest bond. He spared Naruto out of love, even if he didn't realize it at the time. He just couldn't kill that part of himself back then. Mind you he would probably most definately be willing to deliver the death blow to Naruto now.

Gin
01-14-2011, 09:56 PM
Sasuke's nothing but an insensitive, arrogant, bloodthirsty, gullible douche. Maybe he should find a real motive before he gets into any more fights against Kages.

Wooster
01-15-2011, 07:13 AM
I'm only going to respond to the bad things. >:O

Well fine be that way. >.>

Sasuke tried killing Naruto in their fight. Several times. If my validation of Sasuke's thoughts are correct, he wanted to proof himself against Naruto more than anyone besides Itachi. Four times in four situations, Naruto embarassed him.

Naruto defeated Haku when Sasuke couldn't.
Naruto took out that snake in the forest against Orochimaru.
Naruto summoned Gamabunta and defeated Gaara. (Big one)
Naruto's Rasengan on the rooftop >>>> Sasuke's Chidori

Top that off with Itachi embarassing him and coming there just for Naruto, I'd say he had grounds to fight Naruto with all his might. And he did. He admittedly pushed himself to his strongest form, and defeated Naruto. He realized "Hey wow, I really can get stronger on my own." So he left Naruto out of respect, honor, and final wishes to his friend.

He has tried killing many people in his fights and failed. If you want to say this is the same as actually killing, it directly counters your later point that he never killed anyone in Konoha.

I agree he is pissed that Naruto up stages him that's why I find him sad piece of work. Where did the too-cool-for-school Sasuke go? For a counter example see Lee's reaction when he learns Naruto defeated Neji.
However, Naruto=Itachi in Sasuke's mind is an interesting point. Might be useful lodestone to use in the upcoming chapters. ;)

While I wish he kept Naruto alive out of respect, he claims that is not the reason, and we have that look at the end. I almost thought Sasuke was going to kiss Naruto before he left. >__>

I don;t see how you can say Sasuke became stronger one his own. NOt only did he use the curse seal, he also when into the little magical box of drugs before hand. He got a super cocktail mix of steroids now.

Also note that in those 3 years Orochimaru was with Sasuke, not a single person from Konoha was ever harmed. That and he kills him.

See above. Not to mention his character become much more despicable later. The time between Oro and Itachi's death Sasuke almost redemmed himself.

I disagree. I feel like that's exactly why he didn't kill Naruto. From what he knew, he could have awokened the Mongekyo Sharingan right then and there. But he didn't, he even said I'll do this without your help. And he used Orochimaru, even killed him after. Learned everything he could, and then purged the world(lolfail) of his vileness.
Again that might have been cool and honorable, but if he was going to join Orochimaru why not go all the way? Plus, you can't take the end events, killing Oro, and claim that was Sasuke plan all along. He stated he would let Orochimaru take him over if that is what it meant to kill Itachi. The only reason he didn't allow that to happen is because he realized he was stronger than Orochimaru. Besides Sasuke complete destroyed any honor he had by talking Itachi's eyes now. This action I find to be much worse. The only way I can justify Sasuke's action is that he is trying to avenge Itachis's life, the clan angle just doesn't make sense. So not only is Sasuke not following Itachi's will, he is desecrating his sacred and beloved brother's body. If was complete nuts I buy that, but then he goes and whines that everyone else is happy. Sasuke has devolved into a pouting child manipulate at every turn by Madara.

If Tobi=Obito, Kakashi will be able to relate to Sasuke.

Isn't that exactly opposite of Sasuke? What if his father is Tobi? :lol:

In my defense, Sasuke only wanted to kill the elders when I made that post.`o.o"
Yes, Sasuke contimues to sink to new lows.

Sure. Also, I like the use of the word 'aloof'.
Keen beans. Well it did describe him well. I don't know about that anymore with his obsession to kill Naruto.

mrsticky005
01-15-2011, 08:18 AM
Well fine be that way. >.>

He has tried killing many people in his fights and failed. If you want to say this is the same as actually killing, it directly counters your later point that he never killed anyone in Konoha.

I agree he is pissed that Naruto up stages him that's why I find him sad piece of work. Where did the too-cool-for-school Sasuke go? For a counter example see Lee's reaction when he learns Naruto defeated Neji.
However, Naruto=Itachi in Sasuke's mind is an interesting point. Might be useful lodestone to use in the upcoming chapters. ;)

While I wish he kept Naruto alive out of respect, he claims that is not the reason, and we have that look at the end. I almost thought Sasuke was going to kiss Naruto before he left. >__>

I don;t see how you can say Sasuke became stronger one his own. NOt only did he use the curse seal, he also when into the little magical box of drugs before hand. He got a super cocktail mix of steroids now.

See above. Not to mention his character become much more despicable later. The time between Oro and Itachi's death Sasuke almost redemmed himself.

Again that might have been cool and honorable, but if he was going to join Orochimaru why not go all the way? Plus, you can't take the end events, killing Oro, and claim that was Sasuke plan all along. He stated he would let Orochimaru take him over if that is what it meant to kill Itachi. The only reason he didn't allow that to happen is because he realized he was stronger than Orochimaru. Besides Sasuke complete destroyed any honor he had by talking Itachi's eyes now. This action I find to be much worse. The only way I can justify Sasuke's action is that he is trying to avenge Itachis's life, the clan angle just doesn't make sense. So not only is Sasuke not following Itachi's will, he is desecrating his sacred and beloved brother's body. If was complete nuts I buy that, but then he goes and whines that everyone else is happy. Sasuke has devolved into a pouting child manipulate at every turn by Madara.

Isn't that exactly opposite of Sasuke? What if his father is Tobi? :lol:

Yes, Sasuke contimues to sink to new lows.

Keen beans. Well it did describe him well. I don't know about that anymore with his obsession to kill Naruto.

Yo, Wooster.

What about Sasuke's treatment of Killer Bee? Major jerkitude right there.

Wooster
01-15-2011, 08:29 AM
Yo, Wooster.

What about Sasuke's treatment of Killer Bee? Major jerkitude right there.
This probably deserves another topic just for that, but what do you mean?
Listening to Madara and attacking an innocent person just to get help for a task he claims no one esle can understand?

Not to mention, him thinking of his new teammates like his old team seven, so much so that he develops and new jutsu, reversing amateratsu, just to save them. Then a month later he considers them just a means to and end thus living them to die and, finally, tries/wants to kill every member of his old team.

Way to never be consistent Sasuke. :roll:

Before Sasuke killed Danzo, I was neutral at worst and sort of liked him at best. My disgust for him is a recent phenomenon. I suppose we could find out that he is being controlled by Madara, but that is lame in itself.

zerosameri
01-15-2011, 08:29 AM
Isn't that exactly opposite of Sasuke? What if his father is Tobi? :lol:That's the whole point :lol:

Wooster
01-15-2011, 12:46 PM
That's the whole point :lol:
The point was to be the same not opposite. :ugeek:

zerosameri
01-15-2011, 04:35 PM
The point was to be the same not opposite. :ugeek:Either way. :lol:

mrsticky005
01-15-2011, 07:24 PM
This probably deserves another topic just for that, but what do you mean?
Listening to Madara and attacking an innocent person just to get help for a task he claims no one esle can understand?

Not to mention, him thinking of his new teammates like his old team seven, so much so that he develops and new jutsu, reversing amateratsu, just to save them. Then a month later he considers them just a means to and end thus living them to die and, finally, tries/wants to kill every member of his old team.

Way to never be consistent Sasuke. :roll:

Before Sasuke killed Danzo, I was neutral at worst and sort of liked him at best. My disgust for him is a recent phenomenon. I suppose we could find out that he is being controlled by Madara, but that is lame in itself.

Well for thing I've yet to see why Sasuke even agreed to capture Killer Bee. I don't see it being out of fear because Sasuke laughed when
Madara told the penalty for treason is death. I don't see it being
because he wants to help Madara because Sasuke thought he
was going to be the one using Akatsuki. I don't see it being
as a way to gain Madara's trust because screwed up and I
don't see it being Sasuke's master plan because he screwed up.
There was no point for Sasuke to try and capture Killer Bee and
put his companions in danger.

Wooster
01-16-2011, 12:29 AM
Well for thing I've yet to see why Sasuke even agreed to capture Killer Bee. I don't see it being out of fear because Sasuke laughed when
Madara told the penalty for treason is death. I don't see it being
because he wants to help Madara because Sasuke thought he
was going to be the one using Akatsuki. I don't see it being
as a way to gain Madara's trust because screwed up and I
don't see it being Sasuke's master plan because he screwed up.
There was no point for Sasuke to try and capture Killer Bee and
put his companions in danger.
Yes, I think the whole thing just shows that Sasuke is a petulant child who toys with people like ants, but gets all whiney when people don't do what he wants. :roll:

mrsticky005
01-16-2011, 01:12 AM
Yes, I think the whole thing just shows that Sasuke is a petulant child who toys with people like ants, but gets all whiney when people don't do what he wants. :roll:

But then what does Sasuke want? Obviously he wants to avenge his clan
but what does capturing eight tails have anything to do with that when
he doesn't even really think Madara would give him power (when he says
that his reason for capturing eight tails was to see if Madara would give
him power or not he doesn't seem very convinced that Madara would.
In fact he sounds pretty sure Madara won't but just wants to prove that.)

Ultimate combatant
01-16-2011, 03:40 AM
@TheBlackChidori

The thing is Sasuke`s action until Itachi died were understandable. Not correct, but understandable. After that, he is losing it more and more.

First of all, he wants to avenge Itachi`s sacrifice, although Itachi decided for it and was not forced. Not only that, but he goes against Itachi`s wishes. He wants to destroy everything Itachi sacrificed himself for.

Either way, he became a spoiled brat, who wants to have everything his way. He wants to kill people in Konoha, even though they are innocent.

Naruto will beat some sense into him!!! :D

Wooster
01-16-2011, 05:57 AM
But then what does Sasuke want? Obviously he wants to avenge his clan
but what does capturing eight tails have anything to do with that when
he doesn't even really think Madara would give him power (when he says
that his reason for capturing eight tails was to see if Madara would give
him power or not he doesn't seem very convinced that Madara would.
In fact he sounds pretty sure Madara won't but just wants to prove that.)
My only guess is that it is test run for Naruto. Sasuke is always pissed that he is one step behind Naruto. Yes I said it. His braggadocio doesn't fool me. Sasuke is no doubt already planning ahead on how he will kill the entirety of Konoha. What else makes sense? I guess he just isn't certain about it yet and that is why he thinks back on Team y with some sort of nostalgia during the battle.
Seeing Danzo completely wipes out any sympathy he once had, whicj makes some sense I guess. :roll:

/hands Sasuke a violin
Play on, you whinny, jealous bastard.

mrsticky005
01-16-2011, 06:08 AM
My only guess is that it is test run for Naruto. Sasuke is always pissed that he is one step behind Naruto. Yes I said it. His braggadocio doesn't fool me. Sasuke is no doubt already planning ahead on how he will kill the entirety of Konoha. What else makes sense? I guess he just isn't certain about it yet and that is why he thinks back on Team y with some sort of nostalgia during the battle.
Seeing Danzo completely wipes out any sympathy he once had, whicj makes some sense I guess. :roll:

/hands Sasuke a violin
Play on, you whinny, jealous bastard.

One thing that bothers me is that Sasuke is stuck where is he by plot.
Sasuke can't turn good yet until he fights Naruto---otherwise why have
a good Sasuke fight Naruto? And Sasuke can't turn completely evil
with no chance of redemption because he has to do a heel face turn
after fighting Naruto because Naruto has to prove Madara wrong
when Madara says Naruto can't save Sasuke.

Wooster
01-16-2011, 06:16 AM
Sasuke can't have a death bed conversion?

mrsticky005
01-16-2011, 07:42 AM
sasuke can't have a death bed conversion?

Works for me! dIETER APPROVED

TheBlackChidori
01-19-2011, 08:02 AM

Ah see, but they HAVE to fight. I feel like Sasuke helping Naruto defeat Madara, and then turning against him for the final fight... that'd be a new one. Best friends, the final villain defeated, now they fight to the death.

Wooster
01-19-2011, 08:03 AM
Ah see, but they HAVE to fight. I feel like Sasuke helping Naruto defeat Madara, and then turning against him for the final fight... that'd be a new one. Best friends, the final villain defeated, now they fight to the death.
Already done. Double Dragon. :p

Winner gets Sakura!
What a bobby prize. :/

The Master Architect
01-19-2011, 08:58 AM
Yeah..many things that you wrote are true to the bone but still his character need a lot of editing, his ambition and background and morality isn't bad (sorry for bad English) but it's the Character Design (looks, voice over ..etc.) that needs a lot of work.

Dark-Sasuke
01-24-2011, 07:33 PM
eVerything you said was so true, I agree with you completely

Zaichis
09-08-2011, 06:32 PM
i don't agree with that because when naruto and sasuke were fighting at the final wally he told naruto that he was or maybe still is his best friend what about sakura well when sasuke was leaving the village he thanked sakura for whatever reason but i think for being with him all the time i'm not sure u can argue about this one.

LMAO
09-16-2011, 02:25 PM
-claps wildly- You have officially changed my opinion of Sasuke.

Anyone who goes against this has not read your full post and/or is trolling. Congratulations on being a great human being and working hard to bring justice to this character. I am forever indebited to you and I support all your future affairs. I will follow you into fire, I love you.

whatever
09-17-2011, 11:21 PM
now that is a good thread....

i read the whole thing

Kekkei genkai
01-19-2012, 01:00 AM
Well they knew he was leaving the village to team up with Orochimaru that makes him a rogue ninja. So they kinda did have the right to go after him and stop him...

TheBlackChidori
02-11-2012, 11:24 AM
-claps wildly- You have officially changed my opinion of Sasuke.

Anyone who goes against this has not read your full post and/or is trolling. Congratulations on being a great human being and working hard to bring justice to this character. I am forever indebited to you and I support all your future affairs. I will follow you into fire, I love you.

:lol:

I'm months late in catching this, but probably my new favorite post on the whole forum.

nine-tails chakra armor
02-13-2012, 06:11 PM
i really love this outlook on sasuke. i never once bashed him or called him a cry baby for leaving the village.lol i was actually glad he had the balls to do so to accomplish his goal. put in his shoes i would do the same thing. hes not a baby for leaving the village. look at this ero senin left the village and so did tsunade but their great and for what reasons unkown. in my eyes sasuke is still part of the leaf he may not think it. but its still his roots hell i wouldnt be surprised if after he accomplishes his goal he starts his own village where the uchiha can rebuild it will start with his sons then grand kids and so on. he does what he has to do. i looked at it like this if my brother killed my family and it was a group of friends that made him but i didnt know i would seek out to kill my brother cuz when we meet either he or me will die if i survive im killing the group for making me kill my brother, but unlike sasuke i wouldnt have made any bonds what so ever. if you got in my way i would take you out. also sasuke doesnt say naruto is his friend but more of a rival. without someone to judge your strength off of how will you get stronger. remember seeing how strong naruto is makes him realize he was going no where staying in the village. but great post i agree 100% for anyone who disagrees with him keep it to yourself.