PDA

View Full Version : Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni!

Luna Mikazuki
08-03-2009, 04:26 PM
Who likes it? Who loves it? Who thinks it is just plain creepy?

I'm all 3. :cool:

Luna Mikazuki
08-03-2009, 11:19 PM
*sigh* Nobody pays attention...

goujin
08-03-2009, 11:31 PM
it was plain f***ed up

Luna Mikazuki
08-03-2009, 11:38 PM
Exactly. We get it already.

goujin
08-03-2009, 11:40 PM
sry,but alot was kinda funny

Luna Mikazuki
08-03-2009, 11:44 PM
It has it's happy moments.

goujin
08-03-2009, 11:48 PM
It has it's happy moments.
like the resteraunt scene in ep 5

Luna Mikazuki
08-03-2009, 11:51 PM
Yes! Exactly.

I don't remember the episode I am on. Probably 8 or 9.

goujin
08-03-2009, 11:53 PM
Yes! Exactly.

I don't remember the episode I am on. Probably 8 or 9.
i thought mion/shion were lieing about the twin thhing too

Luna Mikazuki
08-03-2009, 11:57 PM
Well they have been known to switch places in the past.

They switched places before they were tattooed so Mion is actually Shion. And Shiom is actually Mion.

goujin
08-04-2009, 12:06 AM
i was realy confused but i figured it out,after keichi died time looped itself back and its a paralel dimension from ep 5 through whatever as for that arc

goujin
08-04-2009, 12:21 AM
do u understand that

Luna Mikazuki
08-04-2009, 12:28 AM
Either that or the rest of the episodes just show what leads up to his death.

Taker369
08-04-2009, 12:30 AM
is this show good ?

Luna Mikazuki
08-04-2009, 12:32 AM
It may be messed up but yes.

Taker369
sweet i may have to check it out then.

goujin
is this show good ?
does freaky a$$ s*** mixed in with pure awesomeness sound good

Taker369
08-04-2009, 12:33 AM
yes yes it does.

goujin
08-04-2009, 12:35 AM
yes yes it does.
im watching it right now,the first scene of the first episode just scared me s***less,lol,but no realy its f***ed up

Luna Mikazuki
08-04-2009, 12:37 AM
*makes peace sign in the backround*

Taker369
08-04-2009, 12:38 AM
is it english dubbed ?

goujin
08-04-2009, 12:39 AM
is it english dubbed ?
yes,visit my top 5 anime of all time theres a link

goujin
08-04-2009, 12:40 AM
and in ep 7 did rena visit detective conan or something

Luna Mikazuki
08-04-2009, 12:41 AM
I think his name was Oyashi.

Taker369
08-04-2009, 12:42 AM
sounds really cool.

goujin
08-04-2009, 12:43 AM
I think his name was Oyashi.
thats not what i mean,the deducting on rika and satoko's disapearance

Taker369
08-04-2009, 12:44 AM
is this a really bloddy show ?

Luna Mikazuki
08-04-2009, 12:46 AM

That would be an understatement.

And I
Dunno

Taker369
08-04-2009, 12:47 AM
either way i'll chaeck it out.

goujin
08-04-2009, 12:47 AM
take elfen lied,berserk,and punisher warzone and combine them,then multiply them by 1000000000000

Taker369
08-04-2009, 12:48 AM
omg i must watch it.

goujin
08-04-2009, 12:52 AM
omg i must watch it.
oh hell yeah,you must see it,its kinda confusing though

Luna Mikazuki
08-04-2009, 12:52 AM
I like Elfen Lied :cool:

goujin
08-04-2009, 12:56 AM
I like Elfen Lied :cool:
cept for episodes 1,2,3 and 13,because its the end

Luna Mikazuki
08-04-2009, 01:01 AM
Let's not make too big a deal out of Higurashi No Naku Koru Ni...

goujin
08-04-2009, 01:02 AM
Let's not make too big a deal out of Higurashi No Naku Koru Ni...
why its awesome

goujin
08-04-2009, 01:17 AM
damn im gonna have nightmares about mion

Luna Mikazuki
08-04-2009, 01:32 AM
I already have been have been having nightmares...

goujin
08-04-2009, 11:01 AM
I already have been have been having nightmares...
im not surprized!

Taker369
08-04-2009, 02:00 PM
u should watch tokko then.

nano
08-04-2009, 02:18 PM
Higurashi... it wasn't good enough for me to want to watch the second season, "Higurashi ... Kai", lets put it that way. It was an interesting plot at the beginning, but became way too confusing to really enjoy. I didn't like the way the arcs were set up (some were really boring, too) and it really didn't help that each arc didn't have much to do with the last one, adding to confusion.
They call it a "murder mystery" series but I call it a very poorly thought-out attempt at a bloodbath. =/ If the plot was cleared up (made WAY less confusing) then I would like it a lot more!

Taker369
08-04-2009, 09:14 PM
wow .

Luna Mikazuki
08-06-2009, 03:23 PM
Higurashi... it wasn't good enough for me to want to watch the second season, "Higurashi ... Kai", lets put it that way. It was an interesting plot at the beginning, but became way too confusing to really enjoy. I didn't like the way the arcs were set up (some were really boring, too) and it really didn't help that each arc didn't have much to do with the last one, adding to confusion.
They call it a "murder mystery" series but I call it a very poorly thought-out attempt at a bloodbath. =/ If the plot was cleared up (made WAY less confusing) then I would like it a lot more!
And thats your opinion.

I really enjoy it. I can't wait to watch the second season.

Chromekatana
08-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Lol...so whats it about?

nano
08-06-2009, 04:35 PM
Lol...so whats it about?

Um... wow, it's really really hard to explain, mostly because it doesn't make any sense in the first place. It's basically about this kid named Keiichi who moves to a countryside town called Hinamizawa. He soon makes a few friends, and learns about the village's Watanagashi Festival that takes place every year in honor of the dead; however, on the night of each annual Festival, one person is always found mysteriously mudered and another person disapears. Keiichi starts to realize that his friends are all connected to the murders in some way, and that the village isn't really what it seems.
It's very hard to explain... the plot changes a lot for a reason you'll find out soon enough if you watch it. The first epiode will give you a good idea of what the series is about, anyways.

I'd only reccomend it because most of my friends seem to enjoy it (I actually don't know anybody who doesn't like it, although I'm not involved in the fandom.) But I'm warning you, some parts are disturbing, most parts are boring, and the whole thing is so confusing you won't be able to stand it. Believe me. You can try to understand it all you want but it will never make sense.

Luna Mikazuki
08-06-2009, 04:36 PM
I always thought its different every Chapter.

Taker369
08-06-2009, 04:41 PM
i cant find it english dubbed.

nano
08-06-2009, 05:13 PM
I always thought its different every Chapter.

Yeah, it pretty much is, but that's the plot for the 1st arc which should suffice :D

i cant find it english dubbed.

Taker369, I had a whole list of links to the dubbed episodes for you, but I just realized it's against the rules to provide them on this site =/ I'm sorry, all I can say is that if you do a google search for "Higurashi english dub episode __" you will find it. Try youtube, too.

I am warning you though, Higurashi is infamous for the horrible english dub. Even the softest dub critics can't stand it. I really reccomend you watch it subbed, the dub totally ruins the whole eerie feeling.

Luna Mikazuki
08-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Yeah, it pretty much is, but that's the plot for the 1st arc which should suffice :D

And Taker369, I had a whole list of links prepared for you to find the dubbed episodes, but I just realized it's against the rules to provide them on this site =/ I'm sorry, all I can say is that if you do a google search for "Higurashi english dub episode __" you will find it. Try youtube, too.

I am warning you though, Higurashi is infamous for the horrible english dub. Even the softest dub critics can't stand it. I really reccomend you watch it subbed, the dub totally ruins the whole eerie feeling.
I love the dub. I am crazy!

Thank you for helping him

nano
08-06-2009, 05:59 PM
I love the dub. I am crazy!

Thank you for helping him

Oh, wow! xD Well, I've heard that it's really bad, but I watched the sub, so who am I to say? :)
Did the dubbers do the evil laughs alright? (they were always the best part, lol. "HAHAHAHA!!:twisted:")

goujin
08-06-2009, 06:48 PM
i actualy put demon mion (the possesed mion in ep 8) in my top 5 anime villans

Zetsubou_Sensei
08-12-2009, 01:34 PM
I don't like the dub all that much...the japanese was better, IMO.

KagamineNaruto
08-15-2009, 07:49 PM
The dub is horrible~ Japanese rocks.

I really love the series, the manga the anime, and of course, the original games. (which I don't have, but I've seen them)

Right now I'm waiting to see how they're going to do "Daybreak" (it's coming... august 21) I love that story (I even have the game, um... imported...)

First season (question arcs) was good, second season (answer arcs, called Kai) was actually.... surprising.... I expected the thing behind it all to be a person... not... what it was (not telling you.) and the ending was sweet.

All the DS and Playstation and other manga add more chapters, that, while it's useful to add more depth, it just....kinda gets confusing for me.

Rei is great, lol'd at first episode, and the "Dice-Killing" chapter was.... actually, I don't know. Rika....

Overall, the series is actually worth your time watching. It has a nice storyline, and it has a good depth.

(note: Just want to say that the question arcs are all different stories on the same thing..... not like they all are sequels or prequels or whatever... just to whoever's new to this.)

And yeah. That's my review on Higurashi no naku koro ni.
Nipah~
I'm not good at this reviewing thing....

goujin
08-16-2009, 01:50 AM
The dub is horrible~ Japanese rocks.

I really love the series, the manga the anime, and of course, the original games. (which I don't have, but I've seen them)

Right now I'm waiting to see how they're going to do "Daybreak" (it's coming... august 21) I love that story (I even have the game, um... imported...)

First season (question arcs) was good, second season (answer arcs, called Kai) was actually.... surprising.... I expected the thing behind it all to be a person... not... what it was (not telling you.) and the ending was sweet.

All the DS and Playstation and other manga add more chapters, that, while it's useful to add more depth, it just....kinda gets confusing for me.

Rei is great, lol'd at first episode, and the "Dice-Killing" chapter was.... actually, I don't know. Rika....

Overall, the series is actually worth your time watching. It has a nice storyline, and it has a good depth.

(note: Just want to say that the question arcs are all different stories on the same thing..... not like they all are sequels or prequels or whatever... just to whoever's new to this.)

And yeah. That's my review on Higurashi no naku koro ni.
Nipah~
I'm not good at this reviewing thing....
the first 4 epiissodes were so confusing i like to think of them as fillers

Ichiraku Ramen
08-16-2009, 01:56 AM

wow "They call it a "murder mystery" series but I call it a very poorly thought-out attempt at a bloodbath." so true... my sister loves the series though.

goujin
08-16-2009, 02:05 AM
wow "They call it a "murder mystery" series but I call it a very poorly thought-out attempt at a bloodbath." so true... my sister loves the series though.
lemme guess,your sis also likes elfen lied

Ichiraku Ramen
08-16-2009, 02:09 AM
lemme guess,your sis also likes elfen lied

naa she doesn't like it :p here's a direct quote: "I just don't like it, I don't get the plot at all; I just don't get it."

goujin
08-16-2009, 02:12 AM
naa she doesn't like it :p here's a direct quote: "I just don't like it, I don't get the plot at all; I just don't get it."
AND SHE LIKES HIGURASHI,wow,oh and sry o had caps lock on

Ichiraku Ramen
08-16-2009, 02:16 AM
AND SHE LIKES HIGURASHI,wow,oh and sry o had caps lock on

hehe. idk why she likes it... the way she explains it... just sounds really confusing o.O... i watched a few of the torture scenes... scarred for life... like the nail ripping scene... my hands went numb.

goujin
08-16-2009, 02:44 AM
hehe. idk why she likes it... the way she explains it... just sounds really confusing o.O... i watched a few of the torture scenes... scarred for life... like the nail ripping scene... my hands went numb.
at least i didnt have nightmares,what happensin my dreams happens in real life,like once i had a nightmare where i got shockd by lightning,i got flung from my bed to the wall,and i had burn marks all over me

Ichiraku Ramen
08-16-2009, 02:49 AM
at least i didnt have nightmares,what happensin my dreams happens in real life,like once i had a nightmare where i got shockd by lightning,i got flung from my bed to the wall,and i had burn marks all over me

im scared o.O

goujin
08-16-2009, 02:51 AM
im scared o.O
how come

Ichiraku Ramen
08-16-2009, 02:52 AM
how come

its wierd... how does that happen o.o

goujin
08-16-2009, 03:00 AM
its wierd... how does that happen o.o
actualy while doing some research i learned thats a way of humans accidentaly activating the other 90% of there brain,in other words,i used a phsychic ability

Zetsubou_Sensei
08-16-2009, 11:59 AM
One thing that really creeped me out about the series (well, the game) was Taraimawashi-hen. It's a game-only arc in which Keiichi decides to ignore the dark mysteries in Hinamizawa and live a happy life with his friends. This leads to Shion going insane and murdering everyone. The really creepy thing? This is a punishment because you tried to avoid the dark secrets.

Maikeru D. Shinigami
05-29-2011, 10:44 PM
It's amazing! I just finished episode 16. I like it when the people die.

Luna Mikazuki
05-29-2011, 10:46 PM
Yes, it was a great series.

Maikeru D. Shinigami
05-29-2011, 10:47 PM

You have to watch season two. That's when they answer all the questions from season one.

Luna Mikazuki
05-29-2011, 10:48 PM
My favorite was Ni because Kai and I think Rei (It's been a while) focused to much on Rika in my opinion.

Maikeru D. Shinigami
05-29-2011, 10:50 PM
Ni will probably be my favorite too, cause I still don't know what's going on. I do really like Rika though (my favorite), so I think I'll be happy with the next seasons.

Maikeru D. Shinigami
05-31-2011, 09:12 AM
Finished Kai, it was a nice ending and all.

I still like Ni more, it was more sadistic. Though I liked the Rika focus.

I don't see what's so scary about this though. It seemed pretty tame to me.
I also don't understand how it can be said that it was more bloody than Elfen Lied.

All in all, it was great.