PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon X and Y Starter Debate/Choices

PrinceofPeace
01-08-2013, 08:23 PM
Talk , vote, and chat about the Gen 6 starter picks/legendaries

ILIKEPIE
01-08-2013, 08:26 PM
http://www.serebii.net/fire.jpg (http://www.serebii.net/fire.png)

the fox it is so cute and it will likely be fire/psychic. with a good special attack and speed stats it could be a really dangerous pokemon.

PrinceofPeace
01-08-2013, 08:28 PM
I am bias towards water types so Froakie it is... but I dislike fighting types!!!!!

Fennkin is my 2nd choice. Idk if it will be fast but it definetly looks like it will have a LOW Defense/Sp.Def

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
01-08-2013, 08:35 PM
Fenniken. The other two starters look ugly.
And Y. Because Y as in Yamato.
It'd be great if the flying legendary was for Y. If not, burn all the games.

Sai's brother
01-08-2013, 08:38 PM
Fennekin. I'm getting all three starters still. But from friends.
But I'm doing my adventure with Fennekin. Naming her Mozilla. Original ik

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
01-08-2013, 08:39 PM
Kinda thought of naming it Kyuubi. But nah.

PrinceofPeace
01-08-2013, 08:51 PM
I'm just glad its not a fighitng type

Sai's brother
01-08-2013, 08:51 PM
Is it confirmed not to be fighting? Still hope it is a ghost

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
01-08-2013, 08:53 PM
Like Pie or whoever said it would hopefully be a Psychic type, it would be cool if it was.

Kananda
01-08-2013, 08:54 PM
These starters look dull.. The fire and grass starter almost look like normal type Pokemon. Plus there's already a blue frog pokemon in generation V

PrinceofPeace
01-08-2013, 08:55 PM
its defeintly fire!!!

the grass is part dark
the water is part fighting
the fire is part psychic

that way they all have an equal chance of beating each other

it's like sinnoh all over again

Maikeru D. Shinigami
01-08-2013, 08:57 PM

Next we have the person who is going to be known for wanking her favorite characters and does she ever? This girl can't go a post without talking about who she loves. If you haven't realized that, you're probably blind, but not an uchiha. She is the:

Biggest Wanker

...and who else would win except our Kakashi/Yamato/Iruka girl...

Kakashi Hatake_Daphne Lu

Point made.

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
01-08-2013, 08:59 PM
:lol:b:P:lol:b:P

InnerSakura
01-08-2013, 09:07 PM
I think the flying legendary will be in the Y game. It even looks like a Y. With the wings and tail, that is. Not sure how the deer is supposed to look like an X though.
And YOU copied ME Peace! You know it! lol. Ah, who cares.

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
01-08-2013, 09:08 PM
Excellent. Thought the bird one would be in Y too because of what you said. And the red color...

Maybe if the deer thing spreads out its legs, it will look like an X.

PrinceofPeace
01-08-2013, 09:09 PM
the pokemon look lame though

InnerSakura
01-08-2013, 09:11 PM
its defeintly fire!!!

the grass is part dark
the water is part fighting
the fire is part psychic

that way they all have an equal chance of beating each other

it's like sinnoh all over again
yeah. true.

Sai's brother
01-08-2013, 09:11 PM
the pokemon look lame though

Kinda want to post a video xD

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
01-08-2013, 09:12 PM
i thought the pokemon started looking lame after sinnoh

Maikeru D. Shinigami
01-08-2013, 09:12 PM
If Fennekin is part Psychic, that's just more of a reason for me to pick him.

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
01-08-2013, 09:13 PM
Yea. Good psychic types are hard to come by as well.

Sai's brother
01-08-2013, 09:17 PM
For the Haters
eKzwJPck6Yo

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
01-08-2013, 09:22 PM
I see a naruto calender.

PrinceofPeace
01-08-2013, 09:26 PM
she is going WAYYY to hard

CrackFat
01-08-2013, 11:37 PM
Fork the system! I'll pick the most unpopular starter, Chespin, and I will kick all of your asses. :cool:

Shukketsu
01-09-2013, 05:50 AM
Fennekin, without a doubt.
To me, Chespin looks like a brown Oshawott with an aburd headdress, and Froakie, as well as being a viable contender for having the absolute worst name ever, looks ridiculous with that puffy white mass on it's back..and, I mean...are those cotton buds on it's nose?!

Throw Rasen-Shuriken
01-09-2013, 06:34 AM
Fennekin, I like fire types and as soon as I saw it, it reminded me of Eevee and Flareon, Flareon, being my favourite, screw the stats of it, even if it's seen as one of the weakest of the evolutions, So definately Fennekin, I was already going crazy over the little thing today and said, that I must absolutely get it, when I put my mind to something to do, I will damn well do it, as for the legendaries, I prefer the deer to the bird, the bird looks funny to me, while the deer is space age looking and reminding me of Dialga when I saw it.

GenoFury666
01-09-2013, 06:41 AM
This gens starters are meh to me,but seeing as I have to pick one it'll be the fire starter.

as for picking the legends (names have been revealed) it will be Yveltal (the bird), Xerneas (the Deer) is a cool name and all but Yveltal looks badass.

PrinceofPeace
01-09-2013, 08:10 AM
Errg fire types and trainer tick me off. Too hot headed.

These pokemon do look like pokemon but COME ON!! You gotta admit that they do not look like animals and just combinations of other used pokemon

WATER TYPES FTW

sagemaster777
01-09-2013, 09:38 AM
I usually pick water type, but I'll probably go with Fennekin

pokeruto
01-09-2013, 09:45 AM
Man, the fire type is almost always my favorite starter, but this time I think I'm liking the water and grass ones a tiny bit more. I'm going to wait to see the final evolve forms before I decide.
I think Froakie might turn out to be part dark, because the clouds on his back look like a sac that the thieves usually carry on their backs in anime and manga.
The "Legendary Pokemon X" looks just like the forest spirit in Princess Monoke, so I'm liking him a lot along with the Legendary bird "Y." Also, while the bird's body is shaped like a Y, the elk has Xs for pupils.

voicesinmyhead
01-09-2013, 10:25 AM
i like FENNEKIN and FROAKIE and i would play pokemon Y because the legendary looks awesome =)

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
01-09-2013, 10:30 AM
This gens starters are meh to me,but seeing as I have to pick one it'll be the fire starter.

as for picking the legends (names have been revealed) it will be Yveltal (the bird), Xerneas (the Deer) is a cool name and all but Yveltal looks badass.

Awesome. Y version it is for me then.

Kinda thinking they'd be the guardian of the sky and guardian of the forest. Maybe

BoxHead
01-09-2013, 03:44 PM
I'm going Froakie or Chespin, but most likely Froakie. I'm getting Y because X looks like the baby of an Arcues and Stantler.

PrinceofPeace
01-09-2013, 05:14 PM
Man, the fire type is almost always my favorite starter, but this time I think I'm liking the water and grass ones a tiny bit more. I'm going to wait to see the final evolve forms before I decide.
I think Froakie might turn out to be part dark, because the clouds on his back look like a sac that the thieves usually carry on their backs in anime and manga.
The "Legendary Pokemon X" looks just like the forest spirit in Princess Monoke, so I'm liking him a lot along with the Legendary bird "Y." Also, while the bird's body is shaped like a Y, the elk has Xs for pupils.

No it is a constnat water/fighting type

if it was dark then it would throw off the balance

Devroux
01-12-2013, 03:24 PM
Chespin looks the coolest so far, but Fennekin may have an edge with his dual-type. Though Dark is interesting as well.

I want to see their full evolutions before making a solid decision though.

sagemaster777
01-12-2013, 05:59 PM
I'm going Froakie or Chespin, but most likely Froakie. I'm getting Y because X looks like the baby of an Arcues and Stantler.
Y Master race reporting in.

Vocaloid
01-12-2013, 07:00 PM
Guys, I hope you know their types aren't confirmed in any way outside of them being Fire/Water/Grass. Hell, it hasn't even been confirmed it yet if they will even have secondary types. Where are you guys getting this info?

Just because their moves look like X or might be type Y (possible puns unintended), doesn't mean they will actually BE of those types. Absol learns Psycho Cut naturally, but does that make it Dark/Psychic? No.

Awesome. Y version it is for me then.

Kinda thinking they'd be the guardian of the sky and guardian of the forest. Maybe

We already have a Guardian of the Skies in the form of Ho-Oh, and possibly Rayquaza. And Celebi is said to be the protector/guardian of forests.

I've seen interesting theories regarding Xerneas and Yveltal though, like this one (http://turnipchan.tumblr.com/post/40100675401/xerneas-and-yveltal-look-very-organic-xerneas). If you can't read the text and pictures on the main picture, click on it for a bigger view.

Lol, when I saw the trailer I thought Xerneas looked like a mix of Sawsbuck and Dialga. Now that I've seen the official art though, not so much.
I'm thinking of getting Y too but my boyfriend also wants Y version...

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
01-12-2013, 07:02 PM
I thought Ho-oh was more something like, looking for the right trainer. that's why it's always flying around places

and forgot about celebi

PrinceofPeace
01-13-2013, 06:39 AM
great point Volcaid

I still choose water though

Vocaloid
01-14-2013, 11:51 AM
Serebii claims that Nintendo has confirmed that the starters will stay Pure Water, Fire, and Grass types.

.....Shame, I actually like Dual-typed Pokemon. We haven't had three single-typed starters since Johto, and they're kind of...weak.

Red
01-14-2013, 01:01 PM
I think Xernaes or whatever his name is looks awesome.

ObitoUchiha
01-14-2013, 06:29 PM
Serebii claims that Nintendo has confirmed that the starters will stay Pure Water, Fire, and Grass types.

.....Shame, I actually like Dual-typed Pokemon. We haven't had three single-typed starters since Johto, and they're kind of...weak.
Aha!
I have come to relieve you of your troubling 'finding'
The Link (http://www.pokemon.com/pokemonxy/en-us)

They simply stated that the unevolved starters will not have a type. They will most likely evolve into a dual type. Only bulbasaur started as a dual type...

Also, thinking Froakie. I won't choose until I see the evolutions, but so far Froakie.

Normally I go for the less sought-after game... but right now it appears everyone wants Y... and that doesn't seem right... X seems like the one everyone would want. Like... Reshiram.

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
01-14-2013, 06:31 PM
good. single types

sagemaster777
01-14-2013, 06:35 PM
fopjfqiowdejnsvdcaibuhdqw everyday I change my mind. Before it was Y, now it might be X. I just really like those antlers.