PDA

View Full Version : Multiverse: LOTR vs POC - Aragorn vs Jack Sparrow

Ninja of Cao
12-31-2012, 12:15 PM
Lord of the Rings vs Pirates of the Caribbean.

Two main characters of two famous universes. But if they faced each other, who would win? The rightful king of Gondor who cannot be stopped even by a hundred orcs, or the pirate captain who can change the odds of any situation and has evaded death on numerous occassions?

Location: The treasure room on Isla de Muerta (where Jack fought Barbossa in Curse of the Black Pearl).

Two main characters of two famous universes. But if they faced each other, who would win? The rightful king of Gondor who cannot be stopped even by a hundred orcs, or the pirate captain who can change the odds of any situation and has evaded death on numerous occassions?

Location: The treasure room on Isla de Muerta (where Jack fought Barbossa in Curse of the Black Pearl).

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYMyhHdMPYiYFgV76_2MfG2nC-2piqKFyTn6vQpZMKHGF9l-9khttps://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbPT_x5YoNRLKrk7uuddDQQzAx4pSoO QtjiRJP9HcbJJU5o2KgRw

Comparison:

Statistics Aragorn II Elessar Jack Sparrow
Faction: Gondor Black Pearl's crew
Species: Human Human
Armor: Leather vest and chain mail Leather vest
Melee weapon: Longsword, dagger Cutlass
Ranged weapon: Bow Pistol
Supernatural abilities:

Aragorn II Elessar:
Wields a sword that can harm ghosts

Jack Sparrow:
Becomes a skeleton in moonlight
Immortal

My own conclusion:

I know that Aragorn will probably get many votes here, because he has more battle feats (including fending off an entire squad of armored Uruk-Hai soldiers in the first movie and killing countless enemies throughout the entire series). But let's take a look at Jack Sparrow's traits: he has unnatural amounts of luck, being able to escape any imprisonment and turn any situation to his favor. Aragorn has better armor and is a more skilled swordfighter, but there's a reason why the longsword was historically abandoned in favor of faster and lighter weapons such as Jack's cutlass. Also, Jack has a single-shot flintlock pistol which will mean an instant kill if it hits, because I don't think that Aragorn has adequate armor to withstand a bullet. We've also seen that Jack has extraordinary acrobatic skills and is able to take advantage of his environment effectively. But in the end, we must remember that Jack Sparrow was cursed in the end of The Curse of the Black Pearl. Although only a temporary effect, I have decided to include Jack's immortality in this fight. Aragorn's longsword should be able to cut Jack to pieces, but I think that the pirate will be able to land a few hits as well - and Aragorn is not immortal. Also, I'd like to vote for Jack Sparrow because I don't think many others will... but remember the things I have said above before you vote.
Final conclusion: Jack Sparrow wins.

321zigzag3
12-31-2012, 03:51 PM
It had to be done.

http://johnnygoodtimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/johnsrumgone.jpg

Bacon
12-31-2012, 04:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JImcvtJzIK8

321zigzag3
12-31-2012, 04:14 PM

In all seriousness, isn't luck more of a plot thing or would you want to count that more of a Jack's "natural ability" if you know what I am saying.

Ninja of Cao
12-31-2012, 04:30 PM
In all seriousness, isn't luck more of a plot thing or would you want to count that more of a Jack's "natural ability" if you know what I am saying.
I think that Jack Sparrow's extraordinary luck will be meaningful in this battle. But even more important than luck is Jack's ability to make up perfect tactics in very short amounts of time. Say one time when Jack has not been able to get out of prison, escape countless of soldiers or survive a hopelessly doomed battle?
Luck and tactics will matter much in Jack's favor, I believe.

321zigzag3
12-31-2012, 04:56 PM
Surely he is smart enough that direct clashing is not in Jack's favor?

The Immortal Watch Dog
12-31-2012, 07:13 PM
Jacks best bet is to shoot him and hope his numenorian phsyiology wont save him and keep him standing

Otherwise he's boned

Ninja of Cao
12-31-2012, 07:20 PM
Jacks best bet is to shoot him and hope his numenorian phsyiology wont save him and keep him standing

Otherwise he's boned
This is a good word to describe Jack Sparrow, since he turns into a skeleton in moonlight. Plus he is immortal, so Aragorn's only hope of winning is to cut Jack to pieces without getting stabbed or shot.

Saiyan
01-01-2013, 06:02 AM
Aragorn's Faction should be Ranger of The North.

I believe Aragorn would win but Jack Sparrow would be able to flee.

321zigzag3
01-01-2013, 08:26 AM
This is a good word to describe Jack Sparrow, since he turns into a skeleton in moonlight. Plus he is immortal, so Aragorn's only hope of winning is to cut Jack to pieces without getting stabbed or shot.

I am pretty sure Aragon could best Jack in a blade to blade in direct clashing although yes Jack is more fanciful and tricky.
Although Jack is very skilled at least for the knowledge of the blade common in his time.

Then again this is also including of Aragon's shown superior physical stats and probably better reflexes.

Ninja of Cao
01-01-2013, 09:13 AM
I am pretty sure Aragon could best Jack in a blade to blade in direct clashing although yes Jack is more fanciful and tricky.
Although Jack is very skilled at least for the knowledge of the blade common in his time.

Then again this is also including of Aragon's shown superior physical stats and probably better reflexes.
But Jack's sword is overall lighter and faster. Of course he prefers slashing moves, which will not penetrate Aragorn's armor, but he will probably realize that after a while. And I think that immortality beats chain mail and leather.

The Immortal Watch Dog
01-01-2013, 03:38 PM

and this is where you stunning ignorance of almost every subject matter you think you know enough to opine on in these threads inevitably bleeds through also everytime I read your poor mans deadliest warrior (a show full of fraud any way) analyses I plotz, when you talk about votes as if you think this forum is a popularity and opinion based section as opposed to one governed by facts - as you say Aragorn has "a sword that can harm ghosts" oh but it can do so much more than that.

Aragorn wields weaponry that can maim souls, spirits and even demi gods..magically enchanted to ignore entropy and pretty much everything else

whether Jack gets his Mayan coin (which I guess you pulled out of your ass?) or not isn't relevant

he loses this. He is going to die and yes a weapon that is enchanted with the same properties that allowed others to maim and kill Balrogs, maim and permanently cripple a continent busting god is going to override the magic of those coins and gut Jack like a fish.

But Jack's sword is overall lighter and faster. Of course he prefers slashing moves, which will not penetrate Aragorn's armor, but he will probably realize that after a while. And I think that immortality beats chain mail and leather.

lol@ a sixteen hundreds era cutlass cutting metal armor made by Elves or Gondorian smiths

that stuff is comparable to some modern super medals

Ninja of Cao
01-01-2013, 03:52 PM
and this is where you stunning ignorance of almost every subject matter you think you know enough to opine on in these threads inevitably bleeds through also everytime I read your poor mans deadliest warrior (a show full of fraud any way) analyses I plotz, when you talk about votes as if you think this forum is a popularity and opinion based section as opposed to one governed by facts - as you say Aragorn has "a sword that can harm ghosts" oh but it can do so much more than that.

Aragorn wields weaponry that can maim souls, spirits and even demi gods..magically enchanted to ignore entropy and pretty much everything else

whether Jack gets his Mayan coin (which I guess you pulled out of your ass?) or not isn't relevant

he loses this. He is going to die and yes a weapon that is enchanted with the same properties that allowed others to maim and kill Balrogs, maim and permanently cripple a continent busting god is going to override the magic of those coins and gut Jack like a fish.

lol@ a sixteen hundreds era cutlass cutting metal armor made by Elves or Gondorian smiths

that stuff is comparable to some modern super medals
Aragorn has survived fighting medieval-equipped enemy groups and even armies (when commanding some warriors of his own). Jack Sparrow on the other hand has survived fighting the full armed might of the British East India Company in the mid 18th century. And it is highly unrealistic to claim that medieval soldiers can defeat redcoats. So Jack Sparrow has fought a far more deadly opposition and survived.

Noctis Arashi
01-01-2013, 03:52 PM
What is this?! WHAT IS THIS?! WHAT IS MY LIFE?!

Just, god dammit. Aragorn is pretty much capable of exactly what you just said he had to do to win, and more.

A-are you saying that Jack Sparrow survived literally fighting the entire British East India Company and survived, and that said company was a greater and more deadly opposition that what Aragorn has faced?

No.

The Immortal Watch Dog
01-01-2013, 04:08 PM
What is this?! WHAT IS THIS?! WHAT IS MY LIFE?!

Just, god dammit. Aragorn is pretty much capable of exactly what you just said he had to do to win, and more.

A-are you saying that Jack Sparrow survived literally fighting the entire British East India Company and survived, and that said company was a greater and more deadly opposition that what Aragorn has faced?

No.

This is ninja of Cao

NOC watches a lot of anime, a lot of fight science and deadliest warrior, reads a lot of really bad historical fiction by guys like that best Korea conquers America (probably read salvation war too) watches a lot of martial arts movies

and thinks that makes him qualified to make threads like this without causing a near POP level head to desk ratio due to all the misinformation and failure to properly read and research anything

Aragorn has survived fighting medieval-equipped enemy groups and even armies (when commanding some warriors of his own). Jack Sparrow on the other hand has survived fighting the full armed might of the British East India Company in the mid 18th century. And it is highly unrealistic to claim that medieval soldiers can defeat redcoats. So Jack Sparrow has fought a far more deadly opposition and survived.

yeah you know nothing about the lord of the rings universe

Gondorian metallurgy is superior to eighteenth century english metallurgy yet it could not produce weaponry that could cut through a trolls hide without sustained attacking it (oh and you know how I know their metallurgy is superior? yeah a good quality Gondorian sword can cut through a solid foot of regular steel and cut through a door of solid iron casually without chipping)

Aragorn wields a weapon that utterly craps on that..oh and it can kill spirits and maim gods.

as to Numenor in its prime vs the British Empire of Sparrows age..one of these races had iron clads./.hypersonic arrows with a range of dozens of miles global range spy sats of a terrestrial nature..nuclear level force bombs they could hurl by the dozens and had actual sky scrapers and the like,

as to Gondor as it is during the first age? No the British east india company of Jacks universe or our own of that era couldn't take it at all

they could never break the walls, they could bombard them all day and night for months and do no damage they could even try and fight them on the ground man to man

a rifle column will scare them but muskets will not be breaching Gondorian armor at all

and if you think the forces of Lord Cutler Beckett could handle Mordor you need mental help

Ninja of Cao
01-01-2013, 04:16 PM
So, what you people claim is that the East India Company with its thousands of Redcoats and hundreds of ships, is a resistance inferior to medieval-equipped Orcs? Jack has survived far greater dangers than I've seen Aragorn been put through. Muskets of the 1750's are superior to bows and Redcoats are superior to Orcs - try to argue if you can find facts that speak against that.

I agree that Aragorn has proven himself more effective in melee combat, but Jack Sparrow is immortal and has a pistol (one headshot means that the duel is over before it begins).

The Immortal Watch Dog
01-01-2013, 05:13 PM
So, what you people claim is that the East India Company with its thousands of Redcoats and hundreds of ships, is a resistance inferior to medieval-equipped Orcs? Jack has survived far greater dangers than I've seen Aragorn been put through. Muskets of the 1750's are superior to bows and Redcoats are superior to Orcs - try to argue if you can find facts that speak against that.

So either you failed to read the second part of my post..or you're a liar who ignores evidence that doesn't suit him.

either way you have just made your posts here in this thread worthless and if you keep pulling this crap I'll start thread banning you from your own topics

I agree that Aragorn has proven himself more effective in melee combat, but Jack Sparrow is immortal and has a pistol (one headshot means that the duel is over before it begins).

Aragorn has a weapon that will kill him and anything else in his universe

the rest of your foolishness and passive trolling will never change the outcome

The Immortal Watch Dog
01-01-2013, 05:21 PM
invention of ships of metal that traverse the seas without sails, but which are hideous in the eyes of those who have not abandoned or forgotten Tol-eressea to the building of grim fortresses and unlovely towers and to missiles that pass with a noise like thunder to strike their targets many miles away."

Our ships go now without the wind, and many are made of metal that sheareth rocks, and they sink not in calm or storm; but they are no longer fair to look upon. ... But our shields are impenetrable, our swords cannot be withstood, our darts are like thunder and pass over leagues unerring

and they [the fleets of the Numenoreans] were like an archipelago of a thousand isles; their masts were as a forest upon the mountains, and their sails like a brooding cloud; ... Then Ar-Pharazon hardened his heart, and he went aboard his mighty ship, Alcarondas, Castle of the Sea. golden and sable

Hurr Durr The British East India company can defeat metal ships with cruise missiles and god sats

hurr durr "Jacks immortal" never mind all the major powers of the world of Arda could make weapons that were specifically designed to kill unnatural creatures and included demi gods in those ranks

Ninja of Cao you are insane

as to the "mid evil orcs" Sauron was the Servant of a Aule before he fell, he was mass producing genetically engineered soldiers by the tens of thousands armed with weaponry that could damage Gondorian steel

the BEC is not as massive as you claimed and it could not take Mordor it would take the British Empire of the era years and years to do it and it would break their military power to do it and even then Sauron would still win

Ninja of Cao
01-01-2013, 06:04 PM
Hurr Durr The British East India company can defeat metal ships with cruise missiles and god sats

hurr durr "Jacks immortal" never mind all the major powers of the world of Arda could make weapons that were specifically designed to kill unnatural creatures and included demi gods in those ranks

Ninja of Cao you are insane

as to the "mid evil orcs" Sauron was the Servant of a Aule before he fell, he was mass producing genetically engineered soldiers by the tens of thousands armed with weaponry that could damage Gondorian steel

the BEC is not as massive as you claimed and it could not take Mordor it would take the British Empire of the era years and years to do it and it would break their military power to do it and even then Sauron would still win
I have a perfectly adequate intelligence, thank you.

And where in the Lord of the Rings movies does those ships appear? Because only movie feats are applied in this comparison. The only naval force I saw there was a few pirate ships with ballistas in the third film, which I think are highly inferior to British 18th century ships of the line.

The Immortal Watch Dog
01-01-2013, 06:13 PM
I have a perfectly adequate intelligence, thank you.

And where in the Lord of the Rings movies does those ships appear? Because only movie feats are applied in this comparison. The only naval force I saw there was a few pirate ships with ballistas in the third film, which I think are highly inferior to British 18th century ships of the line.

default is primary canon OP'er has to specify if we are using any other version

it's in the rules

321zigzag3
01-01-2013, 06:18 PM
default is primary canon OP'er has to specify if we are using any other version

it's in the rules

Never heard of these ships. Were they in the SImillarion?

Ninja of Cao
01-01-2013, 06:18 PM
Well, you people have brought up good points. And in the end, perhaps Aragorn would win. The only reasons I voted for Jack Sparrow in the beginning was his extraordinary luck, his immortality, his pistol (instant kill if he shoots Aragorn in the head), and the simple fact that he makes me laugh much more than Aragorn does...

But can we reach an agreement now? Jack wins if he shoots Aragorn but is doomed in melee combat?

Noctis Arashi
01-01-2013, 06:27 PM
What gun does Jack have that could hurt Aragorn and his armor? Are you praying for a headshot? Also, why in god's earth would jack's humor apply to a debate in combat? You literally just said you argued for jack because he makes you laugh more. How is that valid for anything ever?

321zigzag3
01-01-2013, 06:29 PM
and the simple fact that he makes me laugh much more than Aragorn does..

I know this takes the fun of out of debate for many people but if you want to be logical you cannot use this as fact.

I am sorry. :lol:

Nothing against you, not I have had reasons.

As for this thread yeah thats pretty much it.

Ninja of Cao
01-01-2013, 06:31 PM
What gun does Jack have that could hurt Aragorn and his armor? Are you praying for a headshot? Also, why in god's earth would jack's humor apply to a debate in combat? You literally just said you argued for jack because he makes you laugh more. How is that valid for anything ever?
Jack was able to hit an opponent's hand perfectly at a 10 meter distance while moving at high speed... I do not doubt his accuracy.

321zigzag3
01-01-2013, 06:36 PM
So what about that hypothetical

http://s3.garrysmod.org/img/cache/1/1/5/4/2/2/218d8d91a9620cebcc6e3f695433c0dd.jpg

The Immortal Watch Dog
01-02-2013, 04:51 PM
Never heard of these ships. Were they in the SImillarion?

in the histories of middle earth

there are more broken versions in the lost road which are not canon specifically..they had flying machines and Ar-Pharazon may have fashioned a weapon that could have actually leveled a part of Valinor

Also Melkor had flying mechanical dragons that vomited plasma that could vaporize mountains- Really Tolkien abandoned all that stuff because he felt he was approaching science fiction.

It isn't at all...