PDA

View Full Version : Multiverse: Teen Titans vs Young Justice (animated versions)

Bradley
09-21-2012, 10:56 PM
Round 1: Young Justice's original team in the animated series -- Aqualad, Superboy, Miss Martian, Robin, Kid Flash, Artemis, Rocket, and Red Arrow -- versus the animated Teen Titans team -- Robin, Cyborg, Beast Boy, Starfire, and Raven. They are in character, so no crazy Trigon hax from Raven.

Round 2: Which is the better show? Which had the better first season?

Go!

Cult of Personality
09-21-2012, 11:54 PM
Been done before, Titans rape in all given scenarios, this goes in Multiverse not singleverse

Bradley
09-22-2012, 12:34 AM
Ah, but the combatants are from the same single multiverse!...if that makes sense.

Cult of Personality
09-22-2012, 12:55 AM
It is a meaningless distinction. DCAU Superman is not the same as movie Superman. Even if they belong to the same multiverse, they do no belong to the same universe. So their fight would go in the multiverse section.

Bradley
09-22-2012, 01:08 AM
I'll leave it to a mod to decide where this goes, then.

321zigzag3
09-22-2012, 01:37 PM
How strong is Young Justice?

WishfulFairie
09-22-2012, 01:40 PM
I prefer Teen Titans, so i'm on they're side

(my input: i think it goes on multiverse as well because they have completely different beastboy's but i'm not a mod so...)

PrinceofPeace
09-22-2012, 01:56 PM
YJ STOMP!!!!!!

The first season of YJ showed how they formed and their realtions and it had drama and the epsiodes related to each other so they are better.

Teen Titans are outnumbered and out classed

Martian>>Beast Boy

Robin>><<Robin

Kid Flash>>Cyborg

Arrows/Matian >> Starfire

aqualad>>>Raven

Bradley
09-22-2012, 02:02 PM
aqualad>>>Raven

:???:

WishfulFairie
09-22-2012, 02:06 PM
YJ STOMP!!!!!!

The first season of YJ showed how they formed and their realtions and it had drama and the epsiodes related to each other so they are better.

Teen Titans are outnumbered and out classed

Martian>>Beast Boy

Robin>><<Robin

Kid Flash>>Cyborg

aqualad>>>Raven

aqualad>>>>Raven? What?!
Kid Flash>>>Cyborg? In neither of the shows was he greater but whatever
the rest are fine.
Anyway, i missed some episodes but isn't Aqualad out of YJ for siding with his evil dad?

and wait.....for this debate are we just discussing the main YJ vs TT or the whole organization?

PrinceofPeace
09-22-2012, 02:06 PM
yeah I got a lil carried away but by the time the YJ finish most of their battles they will be able to help other YJ ppl finish off the real threats (Starfire & Raven)

Martian will finish her battle in less than a minute so she can help out a friend

The arrows would distract and would finish off Starfire. I have a hard time seeing her counter attack 2 speedy arrow people.

Cyborg can not keep up with that kind of speed! Kid flash would hit him piece by piece and save a team member from a close call then go back to attacking cyborg
... Actually Aqualad could easily take out Cyborg with a water/electricity combo

Kid flash would distract and annoy Raven

BMC1994
09-22-2012, 02:08 PM
aawww but trigon hax made it so fun.

Bradley
09-22-2012, 02:09 PM
aqualad>>>>Raven? What?!
Kid Flash>>>Cyborg? In neither of the shows was he greater but whatever
the rest are fine.
Anyway, i missed some episodes but isn't Aqualad out of YJ for siding with his evil dad?

and wait.....for this debate are we just discussing the main YJ vs TT or the whole organization?

It's the teams in the OP.

WishfulFairie
09-22-2012, 02:16 PM
yeah I got a lil carried away but by the time the YJ finish most of their battles they will be able to help other YJ ppl finish off the real threats (Starfire & Raven)

Martian will finish her battle in less than a minute so she can help out a friend

The arrows would distract and would finish off Starfire. I have a hard time seeing her counter attack 2 speedy arrow people.

Cyborg can not keep up with that kind of speed! Kid flash would hit him piece by piece and save a team member from a close call then go back to attacking cyborg
... Actually Aqualad could easily take out Cyborg with a water/electricity combo

I would like to see a one on one with both Robins, just to see which is greater. But by now YJ robin is stronger.

Kid flash would distract and annoy Raven

Don't you remember the times when Raven got........ cranky?

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbNBddQt3ztCXV55lFjLf7rczItcO9w Eao8DVcN_Cj5Gys11Ob_Ahttp://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100527103614/teentitans/images/4/4d/Nevermore_a.jpg

Considering Raven beat up her dad...Kid Flash should let someone else fight her. Miss Martian would be a more formidable opponent

It's the teams in the OP.
and okay

PrinceofPeace
09-22-2012, 02:24 PM
Re-read the OP I believe "angry red robin form is not allowed"

We all know if she could be "white/red raven" that she would solo both teams

WishfulFairie
09-22-2012, 02:31 PM
Re-read the OP I believe "angry red robin form is not allowed"

We all know if she could be "white/red raven" that she would solo both teams

Angry red raven***

And yeah, I'm just trying to get across the Kid Flash annoying wouldn't help really him since Raven stated that her emotions and her powers were connected in some way

PrinceofPeace
09-22-2012, 02:38 PM
Well Beast Boy still annoyed her and how would Raven hit Flash?

WishfulFairie
09-22-2012, 02:43 PM
What does beast boy have to do with anything?

And she doesn't have to hit him. Just seal any openings around him, keep him confined in that tiny dark area, then shrink it

cnorwood
09-22-2012, 02:47 PM
doesnt starfire have a light speed, or ftl feat?

shinigan no sora
09-22-2012, 03:46 PM
TT also have some minor toonforcing feats. Tho I'm not sure if we can count them

Bradley
09-22-2012, 03:47 PM
doesnt starfire have a light speed, or ftl feat?

For traveling between star systems, yes, but she's never demonstrated anywhere close to such speed when fighting.

Cult of Personality
09-22-2012, 04:15 PM
YJ STOMP!!!!!!

No they don't.

But YJ is full of one-dimensional also-rans who couldn't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

Teen Titans are outnumbered and out classedOutnumbered maybe, but outclassed? No. Not in any way shape or form.

Martian>>Beast Boy
BB turns into an Apokalyptian. :lol:

Nah, this is a bad matchup.

BB takes on...Idunno. Blackualad maybe. Raven can stomp Miss NeedsToBeBrutallyMurdered Martian

Robin>><<Robin
Teen Titans Robin takes a big smelly dump on his YJ counterpart.

Kid Flash>>Cyborg
Haha. No.
I don't know what you're smoking, but Starfire fries them to a crisp.

aqualad>>>RavenMaybe if we were using some alternate Raven that is totally incompetent, but TT Raven stomps the crud out of Blackualad

JLI2infinity
09-22-2012, 04:22 PM
Ahh I had to go back to my younger days and look up some Teen Titans episodes where I remember seeing some impressive feats to try to scale here

I have to say this is a really interesting fight, but not a close one. Although the Titans Kid Flash was way more skilled then the YJ Kid Flash and the Titans managed to handle him, having a speedster in this fight makes it a lot more balanced.

Anyone who said the arrows take on Starfire is smoking heavy meth. A big advantage the Titans have here is superior strength classes since the YJ team gets no Superboy.

At this point in the series until YJ gets their upgrades like Aqualad learning more magic (although he and Dick Grayson Robin seem to be the ones who improved most over the time skip), and Wally actually learning how to vibrate through objects and move faster than mach 1 (lol the thought of Flash moving that slow is hilarious) YJ has no chance.

I'm confused as to why Rocket is on this team when she was the last member to join the original team while Zatana and Superboy aren't added. If you think putting them in would be unfair you're definitely mistaken.

Right now Starfire is like Superboy on steroids, she's even better than he was with those patches. And although like any comic based series there are inconsistencies, the show often hints that she's even stronger than Cyborg. She's been seen breaking restraints he couldn't and in one episode they were both training performing vertical press on heavy weights and while Cyborg struggled and got it up with both hands Starfire did it with one (this might have to do with both their powers being linked to their emotional states though, while they are both calm and happy Starfire is at an advantage but when focused Cyborg can exceed the limits placed on him by his mechanical body for safety purposes.)

Starfire has been seen knocking down buildings, she punched the floor hard enough to make a miniature earthquake, and her lasers were enough to send her sister, who has similar strength and durability feats, flying and eventually knock her out. And she can rapid fire her beams faster than the Artemis and Roy can launch their arrows, and I'd say the beams and the arrows do about the same damage. Not to mention she has the reaction feats to dodge or catch any of those arrows. The only thing that would give her trouble is their quick foam.

The Teen Titans Robin has more experience and combat ability than the YJ pre-TS Robin (I'm not sure the extent of YJ Nightwing's skill yet). TT Robin trained with Deathstroke (a.k.a. Slade) who can give even the best martial artists a lot of trouble. He's shown Batman level detective ability and precaution. He even learned his own team's strengths and weaknesses and figured out how to solo them all despite being physically the weakest (except for Raven).

Kid Flash vs. Cyborg. It's just strength vs. speed. Except this strength has demonstrated a lot more knowledge and versatility, not to mention durability. How on Earth is KF supposed to hurt Cyborg who's tanked punches from Class 30 villains. Cyborg himself has shown inconsistent strength feats because of his strength varying based on his emotional state, but as we saw in "Only Human" he can use his willpower to exceed limits and lift 20+ tons, I think even a small building in one episode. I'm sure KF can manage to dodge all his missiles but Cyborg has different tricks up his sleeve like detaching his arms and controlling them remotely. If he hides one of his arms under some rubble or something and Wally charges in, he can just send a fist to KF's chin which is an instant knockout.

I switched the last two match ups for more balanced contests...

Aqualad vs. Beast Boy. Aqualad has demonstrated some impressive superstrength and his magical capabilities would give him the initial advantage too. The only problem here is again Teen Titans had 5 seasons, while YJ is only on its second. That's three seasons more of character development, training, experience and abilities. Beast Boy can turn into a hummingbird to avoid any sort of ranged attacks or even smaller, a microorganism. For close combat he later showed how quickly he can transform into different animals changing his fighting style so unpredictably even Deathstroke couldn't keep up, Aqualad doesn't have the prowess to adapt to a lion, gorilla, and bear all within such a short period of time. And there's no WAY he can take a body slam from a whale.

Raven vs. Miss Martian. EASILY the most one sided fight of this thread. Raven is already well versed in telepathy and largely immune to a psychological attack. Her telepathic feats greatly outshine Miss Martian's. She is what Miss Martian will develop into in time. Greater in every single category. Miss Martian gets mindf*****.

ROUND 2: I give it to YJ. Teen Titans is classic and will always have that special place among my childhood memories, but when it comes to more complex characters and carefully planned plot development Young Justice takes the cake. It's obviously meant for drawing an older crowd and comic book fans (with it's introduction of a larger variety of characters). To me it seems like an older more mature Teen Titans, probably meant to draw back all the fans who are pissed at how the original series ended.

Cult of Personality
09-22-2012, 06:02 PM
when it comes to more complex characters and carefully planned plot development Young Justice takes the cake.

Are you stoned?

Frost ninja
09-22-2012, 09:06 PM
Haha. No.

Kid Flash easily drops Cyborg, on account of Cyborg can't hit Kid Flash.
I'd say if we had the Titans East (bumblebee, Manos/menos, other aqualad, etc) It'd be a better fight.

cnorwood
09-23-2012, 12:21 AM
For traveling between star systems, yes, but she's never demonstrated anywhere close to such speed when fighting.
I never got this argument, starfire rams into her opponent multiple times at ftl speeds. What are yg going to do about that?

Bradley
09-23-2012, 01:58 AM
I never got this argument, starfire rams into her opponent multiple times at ftl speeds. What are yg going to do about that?

Nothing, because Starfire has never shown the ability to do that in combat. 99% of fights in TT would have been over extremely quickly if she could.

ILIKEPIE
09-23-2012, 02:28 AM
if she moved that fast to attack it would cause her to kill something heroes are not allowed to do.

JLI2infinity
09-23-2012, 09:15 AM
Kid Flash easily drops Cyborg, on account of Cyborg can't hit Kid Flash.
I'd say if we had the Titans East (bumblebee, Manos/menos, other aqualad, etc) It'd be a better fight.

???????

Ok I'll just repost here because I explained exactly why this EXTREMELY nerfed version of Wally West would get owned by Cyborg.

Kid Flash vs. Cyborg. It's just strength vs. speed. Except this strength has demonstrated a lot more knowledge and versatility, not to mention durability. How on Earth is KF supposed to hurt Cyborg who's tanked punches from Class 30 villains. Cyborg himself has shown inconsistent strength feats because of his strength varying based on his emotional state, but as we saw in "Only Human" he can use his willpower to exceed limits and lift 20+ tons, I think even a small building in one episode. I'm sure KF can manage to dodge all his missiles but Cyborg has different tricks up his sleeve like detaching his arms and controlling them remotely. If he hides one of his arms under some rubble or something and Wally charges in, he can just send a fist to KF's chin which is an instant knockout.

Wally got owned by a mutant that had just gotten superpowers five minutes before the fight. Yet you expect him to beat a guy who's gone through numerous combat scenarios and trained for years with his strength.

Starfire was strong enough to punch the ground and cause a miniature earthquake. Cyborg has a similar and sometimes greater strength level so that ability should be easy for him to access as well. Or if Cyborg picks up a BUILDING and smashes it on the floor Wally is most likely dead or will be incapacitated by the rubble.

Are you stoned?

No Cult people can have a separate informed opinion believe it or not. And I'm not taking yours seriously given your obvious disdain for YJ and consistent reference to Aqualad as "Blackualad" which once again demonstrates your immaturity. If you'd like to express why you dislike YJ in detail then I'm willing to listen and perhaps I'll agree.

I think TT developed in a childish cartoonish way. Like I said, I don't mind but the darkest most interesting characters were Raven and Robin. The team really didn't suffer any loss or have to deal with any sacrifice until the final season with Terra. Many of their adventures were light hearted in nature. Fights with Mad Mod, Gizmo, Larry, etc. YJ steps into Justice League territory and so they often times don't get to play around.

cnorwood
09-23-2012, 09:27 AM
Nothing, because Starfire has never shown the ability to do that in combat. 99% of fights in TT would have been over extremely quickly if she could.
starfire sticks her fist out and goes ftl. And that argument is flawed, thats like saying cell cant casually bust a planet or he would've done whenever he felt like it, there is a thing called story.

Frost ninja
09-23-2012, 09:49 AM
???????

Ok I'll just repost here because I explained exactly why this EXTREMELY nerfed version of Wally West would get owned by Cyborg.

Your scenario is unrealistic, the fist wouldn't hit Wally before he was gone. Not to mention it would only take a few shots for Cyborg to be downed, his power is great but he's been broken apart by less force than what Wally would dish out. Note: Brother Blood only using two fingers, Machine Man dismantling him quite easily, Gizmo...

So no, Cyborg loses because he can't hit Kid Flash in ANY scenario that would be remotely IC for Kid Flash.

Wally got owned by a mutant that had just gotten superpowers five minutes before the fight. Yet you expect him to beat a guy who's gone through numerous combat scenarios and trained for years with his strength.

Didn't Wally end up beating a city-warper or something to that effect in one episode? Some magician fellow? Note he beats actual magicians while Cyborg is being trumped my Mumbo... So yeah, I expect him to beat a guy who can't hit him. Its not strength vs speed, its just speed.

Starfire was strong enough to punch the ground and cause a miniature earthquake. Cyborg has a similar and sometimes greater strength level so that ability should be easy for him to access as well. Or if Cyborg picks up a BUILDING and smashes it on the floor Wally is most likely dead or will be incapacitated by the rubble.

Its a shame that Wally is faster running than Cyborg is throwing. Also, no. Starfire, iirc, has much MUCH higher strength. Now if I wanted to count in momentum, Kid Flash would have a higher, albiet bursty, strength compared to Cyborg due to his speed increasing his mass and thus the force of his punch.

Cyborg smashes a building? Kid Flash is already on the outskirts of the rubble with no effort.

No Cult people can have a separate informed opinion believe it or not. And I'm not taking yours seriously given your obvious disdain for YJ and consistent reference to Aqualad as "Blackualad" which once again demonstrates your immaturity. If you'd like to express why you dislike YJ in detail then I'm willing to listen and perhaps I'll agree.

Cult needs to express his disdain for something everyday to make sure people care enough to pay attention.

I think TT developed in a childish cartoonish way. Like I said, I don't mind but the darkest most interesting characters were Raven and Robin. The team really didn't suffer any loss or have to deal with any sacrifice until the final season with Terra. Many of their adventures were light hearted in nature. Fights with Mad Mod, Gizmo, Larry, etc. YJ steps into Justice League territory and so they often times don't get to play around.

TT lost their tower in their first fight with the hive. Almost lost the world on Raven's Birthday, had to fight off a galactic usurping, almost drowned, lost every single member of their team to the villan league, got framed and almost permamently imprisoned in Tokyo, Robin almost lost his sanity an all of the titan's were borderline dead when Slade injected them with a cellular destruction device, Robin again almost lost sanity in the Red X episodes, almost lost Cyborg 3 times to brother blood, got mass hynotized along with the world in Mad Mod, got sucked into a pocket dimension and R. Warped en masse by Mumbo, Starfire and Raven got body swapped by admittedly the creepiest Villian in that entire show...

I wouldn't say anything about those adventures are lighthearted aside from the "animu" faces. b:|

Cult of Personality
09-23-2012, 10:44 AM
Your scenario is unrealistic, the fist wouldn't hit Wally before he was gone. Not to mention it would only take a few shots for Cyborg to be downed, his power is great but he's been broken apart by less force than what Wally would dish out. Note: Brother Blood only using two fingers, Machine Man dismantling him quite easily, Gizmo...

A technopath, a guy who takes a dump on 90% of YJ and a hypergenius who far outclasses Wally in every relevant respect. Cyborg getting owned by people who have an advantage over him in no way makes it possible for Wally to put a scratch on him.

Didn't Wally end up beating a city-warper or something to that effect in one episode? Some magician fellow? Note he beats actual magicians while Cyborg is being trumped my Mumbo... So yeah, I expect him to beat a guy who can't hit him. Its not strength vs speed, its just speed.Wally didn't beat Klarion, Nabu did, using Wally's body. You're intentionally skewing facts to make Wally seem stronger than he is. Also, Mumbo's magic is real.

No Cult people can have a separate informed opinion believe it or not.

While that is true, that doesn't mean yours is. Any member of TT has more character in their little finger than the entire YJ team has put together.

And multiplied by five.

Trillion.

YJ is a show of bland one-dimensional also-rans attempting to recapture the popularity of Justice League Unlimited and failing miserably.

It's the JLI2infinity to JLU's Cult of Personality. Inferior in every conceivable way. And in several ways heretofore inconceivable.

And I'm not taking yours seriously given your obvious disdain for YJ and consistent reference to Aqualad as "Blackualad" which once again demonstrates your immaturity. That's interesting, because I don't take you serious on account of you being a blithering idiot. :lol:

Bradley
09-23-2012, 11:44 AM
starfire sticks her fist out and goes ftl. And that argument is flawed, thats like saying cell cant casually bust a planet or he would've done whenever he felt like it, there is a thing called story.

I could go on about how bad the logic is to say Starfire can fight at FTL, but I'll just leave it at this: in the OP, I said the teams would be fighting in character. At the very least, Starfire chooses not to fight at FTL or similar speeds normally, so she won't for this fight. Stick to feats she's shown in actual combat.

WishfulFairie
09-23-2012, 11:51 AM
oddly enough...i agree with nearly everything Cult has been saying. TT had better character developments, we got to understand their weaknesses and strengths at different level than we do with YJ. Yes, YJ is more mature and we get to see more action going on but TT would find a way to kick their @$$! If you want an actual debate I think it's better if you just do one character fighting another at a time. Because the pairings being made aren't much of a fight (like raven vs wally).
Lets just say, if Wally and Cyborg are fighting, yes cyborg may not keep up but, as this was stated before, it's a speed vs strength. It'll take a lot for Wally to be able to take Cyborg down and Cyborg would have a lot of misses but if wally is just going to rely on just speed then cyborg would find some way to come out on top. That's my input on the whole Cyborg vs Kid Flash debate

shinigan no sora
09-23-2012, 12:04 PM
^no she can just not effectively. Shed constantly miss if she was moving FTL during combat because she doesn't have The reactions for it.

Otherwise the FTL thing is quite acurate

She can charge forward with her fist out no problem and she should be able to hit most anyone in the fight as long as she's not too far off

cnorwood
09-23-2012, 12:19 PM
I could go on about how bad the logic is to say Starfire can fight at FTL, but I'll just leave it at this: in the OP, I said the teams would be fighting in character. At the very least, Starfire chooses not to fight at FTL or similar speeds normally, so she won't for this fight. Stick to feats she's shown in actual combat.
Shes not fighting shes flying with her fists out. She just happens to be flying at her opponent. I never got why at mvc they never got that. Its bad logic to think that once shes in combat she is unable to fly fast in straight lines.

But whatever since this an ic match i guess that wont happen.

JLI2infinity
09-23-2012, 01:30 PM
A technopath, a guy who takes a dump on 90% of YJ and a hypergenius who far outclasses Wally in every relevant respect. Cyborg getting owned by people who have an advantage over him in no way makes it possible for Wally to put a scratch on him. Wally didn't beat Klarion, Nabu did, using Wally's body. Y

Well except for Round 2, I completely agree with Cult. He basically answered all your objections for me Frost.

On top of that I'd like to add that Cyborg did not get actually hurt by people of Wally's strength class. Until Wally learns things like IMPs, kinetic energy based intangibility, or better use of his tornadoes he literally cannot damage Cyborg. On top of that, I told you Wally can be tricked. When he's charging in at someone he gets focused on his target and can be blindsided. This has happened at least 10 times in Young Justice already. Cyborg hides his arm, Wally charges in to hit him and Cyborg knocks him out.

As for Wally outrunning a building....I don't think so man. I mean maybe he can avoid serious damage but he hasn't demonstrated the reaction feats necessary to change direction at the drop of a hat like that. He charges in at Cyborg and gets surprised that Cyborg can lift up a building, then it's smash time. YJ Wally has been tagged too many times for me to find him evading everything Cyborg does believable.

I already explained that Cyborg vs. Starfire strength scaling in Teen Titans varies. I pointed out the feats that put her above him before, but he has feats that are more impressive as well. Like I said I think making them somewhat equal makes the most sense because both their powers rely heavily on their emotional states. In the first episode when Starfire was going on a rampage her and Cyborg displayed identical strength feats. Starfire casually kicked a car into the air and smashed it forward about 200 yards. While Cyborg did the same thing but with one of his arms. She also grabbed and threw a school bus pretty easily while Cyborg calmly caught it and laid it down calmly. On the episode where Cyborg went on a rampage and lacked emotional restraint Starfire wasn't strong enough to hold him back. So in short, it's best to assume they are in the same strength class and vary via plot devices.

And quick physics lesson, while Flash would certainly be increasing his momentum (p=mv; momentum = mass x velocity). At his current speed (barely able to break the sound barrier) KF's mass doesn't noticeably increase. IIRC that phenomenon is more for upper level velocities, like fractions of light speed.

Cult needs to express his disdain for something everyday to make sure people care enough to pay attention.

Agreed

TT lost their tower in their first fight with the hive. Almost lost the world on Raven's Birthday, had to fight off a galactic usurping, almost drowned, lost every single member of their team to the villan league, got framed and almost permamently imprisoned in Tokyo, Robin almost lost his sanity an all of the titan's were borderline dead when Slade injected them with a cellular destruction device, Robin again almost lost sanity in the Red X episodes, almost lost Cyborg 3 times to brother blood, got mass hynotized along with the world in Mad Mod, got sucked into a pocket dimension and R. Warped en masse by Mumbo, Starfire and Raven got body swapped by admittedly the creepiest Villian in that entire show...

I wouldn't say anything about those adventures are lighthearted aside from the "animu" faces. b:|

Lol Ok if you're telling me the Hive and Mad Mod episodes weren't light hearted you have to be joking. I did mention before that there were some episode arcs I took seriously. The battles with Slade, Raven's father, and the team losing Terra were all pretty solemn events. But plenty of the other things you listed were pretty basic superhero conflicts, these things are bound to happen in a superhero show. And often times the Titans would solve them in an episode or two, sometimes they'd be caused by the silliest of internal conflicts.

Look you have to admit that even though they focus on a lot of teen romance and fan service, almost all of the YJ episodes extend further into the plot and deal with big time villains: the Joker, Bane, Lex Luthor. Brother Blood, Deathstroke, and Trigon were really the only high level threats the Titans ever faced.

While that is true, that doesn't mean yours is. Any member of TT has more character in their little finger than the entire YJ team has put together.

And multiplied by five.

Trillion.

YJ is a show of bland one-dimensional also-rans attempting to recapture the popularity of Justice League Unlimited and failing miserably.

It's the JLI2infinity to JLU's Cult of Personality. Inferior in every conceivable way. And in several ways heretofore inconceivable.

Thanks for not responding to my simple request that you explain your reasoning. Just saying "these characters are one-dimensional" tells me nothing. I could say "Sherlock Holmes is just a one-dimensional character" and I'd be embarrassingly wrong. Yes oh internet debate master Cult you are superior to me in every way. Your in-depth knowledge of my personality and keen, unbiased analysis of your own led to this most accurate assessment. I can tell how much these members respect you with your tremendously high rep power and overall favorable reception amongst the community.

Frost ninja
09-23-2012, 01:36 PM
As far as the story bits go, what I'm saying is the situations themselves are more serious but the show handles them in a way that makes it lighthearted (animu faces, I.E.) But those episodes aren't per se light hearted so much as taken in a lighthearted manner.

They could easily be much worse if so much as the lighting changed.

Cult of Personality
09-23-2012, 03:08 PM
Much as I am loathe to agree with Bradley, Starfire's FTL feat was an outlier. Consistency is preferable.