PDA

View Full Version : Multiverse: The Legend of Korra vs. PX Pacifista (One Piece)

Vatanui AKA Pride
09-20-2012, 08:50 PM
One Pacifista against every single character and everything within the Legend of Korra world. Other than being able to fire off their mouth laser beams, the Pacifistas are completely unable to move and as thus are immobile.

The citizens of LoK have exactly one month to destroy these Pacifista.

Obviously, only feats will apply towards the characters. That means that Korra won't have any feats in the Avatar State other than restoring the bending abilities of Lin, the Pacifistas in this battle are the old, outdated PX models, etc etc.

How does this fan out?

Cult of Personality
09-20-2012, 08:51 PM
One Pacifista would rape. Five is overkill.

Vatanui AKA Pride
09-20-2012, 08:54 PM
Even if Korra has Avatar State?

EDIT:Changed thread to one.

BoxHead
09-20-2012, 08:57 PM
Well, seeing as they are immobile and can only shoot from the mouth and not hands, Lin could metalbend from behind and destroy it. Now, if it can use hand lasers, then it lolrapes.

Vatanui AKA Pride
09-20-2012, 09:07 PM
Well, seeing as they are immobile and can only shoot from the mouth and not hands, Lin could metalbend from behind and destroy it. Now, if it can use hand lasers, then it lolrapes.

Well, that depends on the metal the Pacifista are made out of. ;)

Which would likely be stainless steel. Which I'm betting that Lin wouldn't be able to bend with.

BoxHead
09-20-2012, 09:11 PM
Possibly, but everyone can spam their bending on it and eventually break it down, as this is more of a LoK vs. a Stainless Steel Statue fight now.

Bradley
09-20-2012, 09:47 PM
Could the Pacifista detect if an earthbender came up underneath it?

The Immortal Watch Dog
09-20-2012, 10:12 PM
Could the Pacifista detect if an earthbender came up underneath it?

lol an earth bender vs a pacafista

its putting a toy puddle against a grizzly

Cult of Personality
09-20-2012, 11:34 PM
Metal bending only works if there are impurities in the metal. With the kind of technology Vegapunk can turn out, I really doubt there would be any in whatever Pacifistas are made of.

cnorwood
09-21-2012, 12:41 AM
The only thing i could see stopping a pacifsta is a lightning bender, but to be honest idk how much of an effect that would be

BMC1994
09-21-2012, 01:18 AM
Even with these these restrictions the pacifista would outright murder 99% of the verse lol.

The only ones who i see defeating (or not getting blown to pieces in the 1st second)

Are Blood benders(if the pacifista still have kumas blood if not scratch that), Lightningbenders and korra herself. And Maybe Iroh2.0 because he can fly.

Would anyone even be able to dodge the lasers?

Cult of Personality
09-21-2012, 01:26 AM
Pacifistas may be cyborgs, but unlike Kuma, they're really just fancy robots. I doubt they have blood.

No idea what Korra is supposed to accomplish...

And no, no one is dodging the laser.

Noctis Arashi
09-21-2012, 01:35 AM
I love ATLAverse vs Stationary Death robot matchups. Especially when the stationary death robot absolutely murders.

No one dodges the laser, everyone dies.

Bradley
09-21-2012, 06:49 AM
Metal bending only works if there are impurities in the metal. With the kind of technology Vegapunk can turn out, I really doubt there would be any in whatever Pacifistas are made of.

That's sort of an ungrounded claim. The only metal that metalbenders are unable to bend are metals that naturally occur pure (platinum). If you want to claim a metalbender can't bend the Pacifista at all, you need to provide evidence.

Whether or not earthbenders are powerful enough to damage the Pacifista through metalbending is a different question, though.

Cult of Personality
09-21-2012, 11:10 AM
That's definitely an ungrounded claim. Metalbending works by targeting impurities in metal. No impurities, no metalbending, regardless of whether it started out pure.

Rasengan SageX5
09-21-2012, 11:14 AM
Cult's right. Look back at the episode when Toph discovered metalbending. She was trapped in a metal box, but then she stomps her foot out of frustration and, to her surprise, she noticed small fragments of earth in the metal around her. This was what allowed her to manipulate the metal. Without any impurities, metalbending can't occur.

Bradley
09-21-2012, 02:26 PM
Then prove the Pacisfista has no impurities in its metal.

Rasengan SageX5
09-21-2012, 03:04 PM
Unless we are outright told what Pacifista's are made of in One Piece, that's not possible Bradley. All we know is that they are harder than steel. We were just telling you that you were wrong about how metalbending works.

Cult of Personality
09-21-2012, 07:41 PM
Burden of proof is on the positive claim. You say Pacifista metal has impurities, you prove it.

Bradley
09-21-2012, 07:56 PM
Unless we are outright told what Pacifista's are made of in One Piece, that's not possible Bradley. All we know is that they are harder than steel. We were just telling you that you were wrong about how metalbending works.

Metal by default has impurities. Some even are made to have impurities. Steel, for example, is actually made by incorporating carbon into iron. The only metal that has been shown to be pure enough to not be metalbended is platinum, which naturally occurs pure. Metal essentially needs to be stated to be extremely pure or we can assume that metalbending works on it.

Burden of proof is on the positive claim. You say Pacifista metal has impurities, you prove it.

Ah, but you made this claim,

"Metal bending only works if there are impurities in the metal. With the kind of technology Vegapunk can turn out, I really doubt there would be any in whatever Pacifistas are made of."

essentially claiming that the Pacifista would be immune to metalbending. Burden of proof is on you to back up that claim by showing that the Pacifista is made without impurities.

cnorwood
09-21-2012, 07:59 PM
arent pacifistas made of stuff stronger than steel. Has a metal bender ever bended steel.

Cult of Personality
09-21-2012, 08:05 PM
Blahblahblahwankwankwank

Yeah, that's not proof.

Whenever you wanna provide some actual evidence to support your claims, feel free.

BoxHead
09-21-2012, 08:09 PM
I'm pretty sure they have blood, meaning that Amon could somehow control it, but how far could that get them, seeing as how he's a poor man's Doflamingo, is unknown, but is probably not very far.

Bradley
09-21-2012, 08:11 PM
arent pacifistas made of stuff stronger than steel. Has a metal bender ever bended steel.

Well I did say:

Whether or not earthbenders are powerful enough to damage the Pacifista through metalbending is a different question, though.

Whether or not a metalbender can effect a Pacifista at all is one question, whether or not a metalbender can really do anything with that effect is another matter.

Yeah, that's not proof.

Whenever you wanna provide some actual evidence to support your claims, feel free.

Right back at you. And I'm not claiming a metalbender could beat or even hurt a Pacifista, so I fail to see how this is "wank". Claiming with no evidence that a Pacifista is outright immune to the effect of metalbending smells more like wank to me.

Cult of Personality
09-21-2012, 08:11 PM
I'm pretty sure they have blood, meaning that Amon could somehow control it, but how far could that get them, seeing as how he's a poor man's Doflamingo, is unknown, but is probably not very far.

Pacifistas are pretty much just fancy robots. What blood they may or may not have is negligible and in any case, bloodbending's never been used on anyone stronger than above-average human.

This message is hidden because Bradley is on your ignore list (http://naruto.viz.com/forum/profile.php?do=ignorelist). That's fascinating. No one cares.

Bradley
09-21-2012, 08:13 PM
I'll accept that as a concession from CoP.

Vatanui AKA Pride
09-21-2012, 08:29 PM

This. Zoro had a hard time even scraping Kuma in Thriller Bark, even although he had the advantage of surprise.

Pacifista have never spilled out blood when they were defeated. Nor are they even organic to began with. Kuma was just a prototype/experiment.

Bacon
09-21-2012, 08:32 PM
Is the legend of korra the new neji rotation? >_>

Just curious

BoxHead
09-21-2012, 08:34 PM
I do remember seeing the Supernovas fight Pacifistas and blood came out of their heads, but some of those scenes may have been filler. Even if they don't have blood, everyone can camp out behind the Pacifist and eventually whittle him down after like 5 days. Either that or they all get blasted and die before rotating.

Devils Lawyer
09-21-2012, 08:34 PM
Genocide

Cult of Personality
09-21-2012, 08:35 PM
Avatar-verse is in need of a good genociding anyway

Bradley
09-21-2012, 08:38 PM
Avatar-verse is in need of a good genociding anyway

They kind of already suffered one, actually.

Vatanui AKA Pride
09-21-2012, 08:55 PM
I do remember seeing the Supernovas fight Pacifistas and blood came out of their heads, but some of those scenes may have been filler. Even if they don't have blood, everyone can camp out behind the Pacifist and eventually whittle him down after like 5 days. Either that or they all get blasted and die before rotating.

Actually, my bad on the inorganic part. >.>

According to the One Piece wiki, Pacifista models are made from dead corpses. However, the human body only serves as an inner shell of parts, so the chances of a Pacifista being bloodbended is rather extremely low.

Can Pacifistas turn their heads backwards?

Is the legend of korra the new neji rotation? >_>

Just curious

It's more of a one-man crusade than anything.

Bradley
09-21-2012, 09:01 PM

One-man crusade? Here are the members who have made threads involving Avatar/Korra characters on the first page of the MV section:

Vatanui AKA Pride 1 (this thread)
Bradley 3
Cult of Personality 5
The Immortal Watch Dog 2
Shinigan no Sora 1
BMC1994 1

I'm curious who you think is on a "crusade".

Vatanui AKA Pride
09-21-2012, 09:30 PM
One-man crusade? Here are the members who have made threads involving Avatar/Korra characters on the first page of the MV section:

Vatanui AKA Pride 1 (this thread)
Bradley 3
Cult of Personality 5
The Immortal Watch Dog 2
Shinigan no Sora 1
BMC1994 1

I'm curious who you think is on a "crusade".

Bacon isn't referring to the amount of the Legend of Korra threads. What he meant is as to how LoK as a universe has been lately hyped up, akin to how Neji's rotation had also been hyped a year or two ago and how the technique was thought to be able to shield even attacks like Amarretsu.

So yes, it rather is a one-man crusade.

Bacon
09-21-2012, 10:23 PM
:cool: I thought so

I can guess who the token wanker is.

Bradley
09-21-2012, 10:31 PM

What, the person who agrees the Pacifista would wreck the Avatarverse, thinks Roy Mustang beats Zuko, and Korra only beats Izumi Curtis or Mustang if she can manage to activate the Avatar State? And who hasn't argued for Avatar in any of CoP's bait threads?

Honestly BMC1994 seems to be the most misguided Avatar supporter here, as he argued that AS Aang could take on Madara of all things. Even I would never do something like that. FMA characters are at least in Avatar's general ballpark.

BMC1994
09-22-2012, 01:39 AM
Honestly BMC1994 seems to be the most misguided Avatar supporter here, as he argued that AS Aang could take on Madara of all things. Even I would never do something like that. FMA characters are at least in Avatar's general ballpark.

Note that at the time i made the thread i gave aang all the feats from other avatars and madara had almost no feats.

Even said in the thread that if madara gains any feats aang would lose.

Vatanui AKA Pride
09-23-2012, 07:11 PM

Ha, don't be so tough on Bradley. He's a good debater overall, despite what Cult might believe. Just overestimates the Avatar series somewhat. :lol: