PDA

View Full Version : Multiverse: Bluenote vs Akainu

Ultimate combatant
09-10-2012, 12:01 PM
Who wins?!! :D

Ohako
09-10-2012, 01:26 PM
Without any form of haki, Bluenote can not technically damage Akainu in any way. If you change your mind to the rules i will swap sides. But as of now Akainu got this due intangibility

Noctis Arashi
09-10-2012, 01:52 PM
BG rules state energy equivalence. So magic power=haki I believe.

Cult of Personality
09-10-2012, 02:32 PM
Haki is not equal to things like chi/reiatsu/chakra.

Also, who the fug is Bluenote.

Ohako
09-10-2012, 02:33 PM
BG rules state energy equivalence. So magic power=haki I believe.

Yeah i was thinking that was right, but couldn't remember. In that case Bluenote could crush Akainu's throat and win. I don't see Akainu landing a hit, because Bluenote can use gravity to stop the lava from reaching him.

Haki is not equal to things like chi/reiatsu/chakra.

Also, who the fug is Bluenote.

Bluenote is a from the anime/manga Fairy Tail that controls gravity.

Cult of Personality
09-10-2012, 02:37 PM
I don't know how fast Bluenote is, so I'll assume he's at least within Akainu's range.

He controls gravity, non? What's stopping him from saying "No gravity for you, Fleet Admiral Sakazuki!" and let the guy float off into space?

Noctis Arashi
09-10-2012, 02:40 PM
Pretty much the fact he never has actually done that.

Cult of Personality
09-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Is it not conceivably that it is within his capabilities?

Noctis Arashi
09-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Essentially. He did however, have enough strength to completely level specific areas of land and sink them with gravity.

Ohako
09-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Is it not conceivably that it is within his capabilities?

Bluenote has never shown the ability to lighten Gravity but only intensify it.

Noctis Arashi
09-10-2012, 02:56 PM
Bluenote has never shown the ability to lighten Gravity but only intensify it.
And restore it to normal.

Ohako
09-10-2012, 03:40 PM
And restore it to normal.

Oh wait didn't he lift Cana in the air?

321zigzag3
09-11-2012, 03:34 PM
I am not exactly sure how this is a good match at all. Bluenote can only delay Akainu for a short term. Not to mention Akainu is supposed to be much faster than him.

Bluenote's only real weapon able to harm Akainu is his trump card BLack Hole.

Then again it was quite an awful Trump Card.

Probably the worst magically created Black Hole and also one of the worst trump cards I have ever seen.

Ohako
09-11-2012, 03:58 PM
I am not exactly sure how this is a good match at all. Bluenote can only delay Akainu for a short term. Not to mention Akainu is supposed to be much faster than him.

Probably the worst magically created Black Hole and also one of the worst trump cards I have ever seen.

Bluenote just faced the wrong opponent. The black hole didn't work on Gildarts, because he just used his crash magic to destroy it. Akainu won't be able to destroy it, any attacks he uses will just be sucked up.

Ultimate combatant
09-11-2012, 04:02 PM

What Ohako said. Also not to mention he was on equal level as Gildarts and his manipulation of gravity!!! :D

321zigzag3
09-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Well even if we throw out the speed difference. If that is to be believed....

What Ohako said. Also not to mention he was on equal level as Gildarts and his manipulation of gravity!!! :D

Do you think Gildarts can beat Akainu?

Considering his strength, durability, and of course massive range.
Gildarts is mainly short range character.

Gildarts could beat Akainu but I find Akainu in his feats, just that superior.

Bluenote just faced the wrong opponent.

It is true he faced the wrong opponet but I expected something greater than the Fall spell Bluenote did. THen again it didn't kill even Lucy or the cats.
Just restricted their movments and then Natsu was able to fight it off.

He has greater gravity manipulation than Nagato but in terms of raw power, far inferior minus the Fall spell.

The black hole didn't work on Gildarts, because he just used his crash magic to destroy. Akainu won't be able to destroy any attacks he uses will just be sucked up.

Well lets look at the black hole.

Bluenote clasps his hands. A dark hole forms in front of him and it grows slowly in size sucking up matter.

THe problem is the range appears to be pretty short and the pull not as powerful and sudden. Gildarts didn't get immediately sucked in. In fact look at the outside surroundings. Not as much.

Also Bluenote is a sitting target. Vulnerable to side, back, up, and underneath attacks.

Unless of course the Black Hole's pulling field is that powerful that it won't matter. (Still makes Bluenote vulnerable to his behind) Then again GIldarts or large chunks of matter didn't get sucked in.

Its a great technique, for short range purposes. But I don't see how Akainu cannot get around that unless he just sits there like an idiot.

Also I don't see BLuenote surviving Akainu before that anyway.

Unless there is a manga evidence to show or Mashima himself saying BLuenote's black hole range is not just short range.

I mean it looks like mainly 5 to 10 meters at best.

Ohako
09-11-2012, 04:36 PM
Gildarts could beat Akainu but I find Akainu in his feats, just that superior.

It is true he faced the wrong opponet but I expected something greater than the Fall spell Bluenote did. THen again it didn't kill even Lucy or the cats.
Just restricted their movments and then Natsu was able to fight it off.

Well, yes in terms of actually defeating opponents, Bluenote has shown anything much, but he can completely restrict their movements. Akainu can't do a thing. In the end that would just be a stalemate.

Well lets look at the black hole.

Bluenote clasps his hands. A dark hole forms in front of him and it grows slowly in size sucking up matter.

THe problem is the range appears to be pretty short and the pull not as powerful and sudden. Gildarts didn't get immediately sucked in. In fact look at the outside surroundings. Not as much.

Also Bluenote is a sitting target. Vulnerable to side, back, up, and underneath attacks.

Unless of course the Black Hole's pulling field is that powerful that it won't matter. (Still makes Bluenote vulnerable to his behind) Then again GIldarts or large chunks of matter didn't get sucked in.

Its a great technique, for short range purposes. But I don't see how Akainu cannot get around that unless he just sits there like an idiot.

Also I don't see BLuenote surviving Akainu before that anyway.

Unless there is a manga evidence to show or Mashima himself saying BLuenote's black hole range is not just short range.

I mean it looks like mainly 5 to 10 meters at best.

Okay yes, the black hole feats don't seem that great, but Bluenote stands directly behind the black hole and is shown to be unaffected by it. Yeah it appears he is defenseless, but any attacks sent towards Bluenote will just get sucked up in the black hole. It's not like Akainu could move freely anyways and attack while the Black hole is in play. Plus, the black hole wasn't able to show it's true potential, because they were fighting in a crater. There was nothing it could suck up except for the debris from the crushed earth.

321zigzag3
09-11-2012, 05:24 PM
Well, yes in terms of actually defeating opponents, Bluenote has shown anything much, but he can completely restrict their movements. Akainu can't do a thing. In the end that would just be a stalemate.

NAtsu was able to move in the end.

So was Gildarts.

Okay yes, the black hole feats don't seem that great, but Bluenote stands directly behind the black hole and is shown to be unaffected by it.

Bluenote wasn't affected of course but it makes the technique weaker that it is mainly a frontal range.

Yeah it appears he is defenseless, but any attacks sent towards Bluenote will just get sucked up in the black hole.

Regardless of speed and range?

Not to mention again Bluenote is vulnerable to any non frontal assault especially the back even if you include the black hole effect.

It's not like Akainu could move freely anyways and attack while the Black hole is in play.

He could move his arms and stretch his body to get out of reach I suppose. he can also anchor himself while using his magma to attack from behind.

Anyway bluenote is far more likely to die before he gets to use it. Akainu's magma range is incredible.

Plus, the black hole wasn't able to show it's true potential, because they were fighting in a crater. There was nothing it could suck up except for the debris from the crushed earth.

I espected more debris especially considering the ground but regardless.

I was just disapointed. Just like Sting and Rogue end result although it was inevitable.

Ohako
09-11-2012, 05:53 PM
NAtsu was able to move in the end.

So was Gildarts.
[QUOTE]

Gildarts I can see and Natsu......hmm he did but its not like Akainu could battle freely under such circumstances.

[QUOTE]Bluenote wasn't affected of course but it makes the technique weaker that it is mainly a frontal range.

Regardless of speed and range?

Not to mention again Bluenote is vulnerable to any non frontal assault especially the back even if you include the black hole effect.

Yes, he is open to attacks, but how will Attacks get pass the black hole?

He could move his arms and stretch his body to get out of reach I suppose. he can also anchor himself while using his magma to attack from behind.

Hmmm magma anchoring.....I didn't think of that.....

Anyway bluenote is far more likely to die before he gets to use it. Akainu's magma range is incredible.

Well yes Akainu's ability is better for killing people, but Bluenote can just increase the gravity on lava. It won't reach him.

I espected more debris especially considering the ground but regardless.

I was just disapointed. Just like Sting and Rogue end result although it was inevitable.

I agree on Sting and Rogue's result, but back on topic hmm it showed a good amount of debris here and there kinda.

321zigzag3
09-12-2012, 07:50 AM
Gildarts I can see and Natsu......hmm he did but its not like Akainu could battle freely under such circumstances.

Why not?

Yes, he is open to attacks, but how will Attacks get pass the black hole?

So by this statement.

If Akainu launched in theory, a mass wave of magma hundreds of meters long like in a giant fist size of a small ship or a meteor shower.
It is all going to sucked into the tiny black hole?

Hence why I asked regardless of speed and range?

Its a frontal attack mainly.
Even if it starts sucking the wave behind Bluenote, Bluenote is still vulnerable to the crossfire.
And of course I am not including the supposed massive speed difference.

And of course considering how much power and strength behind the magma wave and giant fists I doubt Bluenote's gravity is going to do successfully slow it down.

Magma will still flow. Bluenote has not shown the ability to anchor anyone to the point where they can barely move.

Well yes Akainu's ability is better for killing people, but Bluenote can just increase the gravity on lava. It won't reach him.

Bluenote's ability has obviously some limit otherwise Gildarts should have been anchored too.

Unless you want to argue Gildarts' crash negates the gravitational force around him but we don't know that.

How do you resist Gravity based field magic? Physical strength no?
Akainu has plenty enough of that. His Leg was able to counter WHitebeard's bisento attack.

Ohako
09-12-2012, 08:39 AM
Okay I had to reference some FT episodes to confirm some things

Why not?

Now what I meant was he couldn't battle/move freely with gravity forcing him down. Now I reviewed some things. In episode 112 during the end when Cana, Bluenote intensifies the gravity on everyone. At this time not even Natsu can move during this time.

If Akainu launched in theory, a mass wave of magma hundreds of meters long like in a giant fist size of a small ship or a meteor shower.
It is all going to sucked into the tiny black hole?

Hence why I asked regardless of speed and range?

Its a frontal attack mainly.
Even if it starts sucking the wave behind Bluenote, Bluenote is still vulnerable to the crossfire.
And of course I am not including the supposed massive speed difference.

And of course considering how much power and strength behind the magma wave and giant fists I doubt Bluenote's gravity is going to do successfully slow it down.

Magma will still flow. Bluenote has not shown the ability to anchor anyone to the point where they can barely move.

Okay I understand now and see what you meant. I agree now in all of those scenarios Bluenote would be overwhelmed by the magma. Though there is one scenario i wanna bring up. When he was trying to get Cana to tell him where Fairy Glitter is, he raises her in the air and slowly starts to crushing her body. Now he was torturing her, because he was trying to get an answer out of her. In this case its a battle. In this case Bluenote could focus and use the gravity to crush Akainu's throat, no?

Bluenote's ability has obviously some limit otherwise Gildarts should have been anchored too.

Unless you want to argue Gildarts' crash negates the gravitational force around him but we don't know that.

How do you resist Gravity based field magic? Physical strength no?
Akainu has plenty enough of that. His Leg was able to counter WHitebeard's bisento attack.

Hmm yes i don't have enough evidence to argue that Gildarts was cancelling with crash. So iam not gonna argue that point further.

321zigzag3
09-12-2012, 01:17 PM
Now what I meant was he couldn't battle/move freely with gravity forcing him down. Now I reviewed some things. In episode 112 during the end when Cana, Bluenote intensifies the gravity on everyone. At this time not even Natsu can move during this time.

Yes even Natsu could not move in the manga. Although Gildarts had no problem in the end I believe.

But my point is that Bluenote likely has some limit otherwise he would have succeeded with Gildarts.

Akainu is far too durability with immense strength and range to be affected successfully.

Though there is one scenario i wanna bring up. When he was trying to get Cana to tell him where Fairy Glitter is, he raises her in the air and slowly starts to crushing her body. Now he was torturing her, because he was trying to get an answer out of her. In this case its a battle. In this case Bluenote could focus and use the gravity to crush Akainu's throat, no?

In this theoretical scenario: well the problem is that Akainu possess elemental intangibility.

He has been even cut through few times with haki yet he came out fine. So apparently weaker haki attacks are not effective or Akainu is very resilient and also he knows how to do haki.

As for the throat part. Well considering he is intangible, would he not regenerate casually as being elemental?

Ohako
09-12-2012, 01:34 PM
Yes even Natsu could not move in the manga. Although Gildarts had no problem in the end I believe.

But my point is that Bluenote likely has some limit otherwise he would have succeeded with Gildarts.

Akainu is far too durability with immense strength and range to be affected successfully.

In this theoretical scenario: well the problem is that Akainu possess elemental intangibility.

He has been even cut through few times with haki yet he came out fine. So apparently weaker haki attacks are not effective or Akainu is very resilient and also he knows how to do haki.

As for the throat part. Well considering he is intangible, would he not regenerate casually as being elemental?

Hmm I have ran out of scenarios to bring up. Akainu strength and durability does outclass Bluenote.

The creator of the thread never made it clear if he had intangibility, because at first I said the battle was unfair and that Akainu easily wins due to that ability.

Notics then mentioned magic power could cancel that. I wasn't sure about that fact, but I just debated on that fact that he couldn't go complete magma mode.

321zigzag3
09-12-2012, 01:57 PM
Hmm I have ran out of scenarios to bring up. Akainu strength and durability does outclass Bluenote.

By a considerable amount. Bluenote cannot afford to be hit by Akainu and it doesn't help the fact that he doesn't seem to be the most agile type of mage either. He has advanced reactions and reflexes. But that appears to be with most FT mages as a battle style.

The creator of the thread never made it clear if he had intangibility, because at first I said the battle was unfair and that Akainu easily wins due to that ability.

Hmm.

Notics then mentioned magic power could cancel that. I wasn't sure about that fact, but I just debated on that fact that he couldn't go complete magma mode.

Well if you want equate magic = haki then maybe. Although again can't physical strength overcome magical gravity?

Ohako
09-12-2012, 02:22 PM
By a considerable amount. Bluenote cannot afford to be hit by Akainu and it doesn't help the fact that he doesn't seem to be the most agile type of mage either. He has advanced reactions and reflexes. But that appears to be with most FT mages as a battle style.

Yeah True Gildarts, Laxus, Erza all show way better speed and reflexes. I can't debate that anymore for Bluentoe

Hmm.

Well if you want equate magic = haki then maybe. Although again can't physical strength overcome magical gravity?

Well yes it can, but.... hmmm I was gonna debate again but there is no reall point bringing up the Cana point. If he could do the throat crush thing he probably would've demonstrated such a feat, but Gildarts magical/physical power probably cancelled that from happening. Akainu's physical Abilities equal Gildarts so yeah.....