PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler: Tobi isn't who you think it is...

Devy
08-29-2012, 11:32 AM
Alright, I was going to post this in my OT, but seeing as those are question people should answer there, then this would be a better idea.

Well here it is.

Tobi is.......still nobody. When he said this, he meant the truth. He is nobody, but at the same time he is everyone. He could have been anyone at this point. But when he finally took off the mask, it was revealed to be......well, you know.

Tobi isn't a single person. It's an idea. A persona, but not specifically a person. Much akin to Batman, the Tobi persona is most likely an identity passed down through multiple years, by multiple people. This is evidenced by the fact that it is literally impossible for Obito to be present at certain events in time in the appearance we are given.

------Space/Time Justu------------

Now, there is solid physical evidence to support the fact that the Tobi that fought the 4th Hokage, and the Tobi we are fighting right now are different people, but have the same, yet slightly different technique.

The battle between the 4th Hokage and Tobi was fought using Tobi's and the 4th's S/T Jutsu. We are given a clear explanation of the FTG Technique, BUT we are also given an explanation on how Tobi's technique works.

Tobi must allow his entire body to be phased through for attacks not to hit him at this point. This is evidenced by the chains he wears that give him the opportunity to bind the hokage. Either his entire body is here in this world, or it's in his pocket dimension.

But during the latest fight against Tobi with Kakashi, Gai, Bee, and Naruto, he only has to phase certain portions of his body and sends them to Kamui's dimension. This is a completely different from the fight between the 4th Hokage, using most likely the same sharingan but passed down to another user.

---------The different Tobi's--------
Here are certain instances in which I believe that during the scene we are being shown, it is a different person using the "Tobi" moniker"

Chapter 507: Kisame and Tobi have a discussion while he is controlling Yagura. No other Tobi has shown to be proficient in using that certain Genjutsu, which is so powerful it has been compared to Kotoamitsukami.

Chapter 590: Long haired Tobi makes contact with Itachi Uchiha, this is the only Tobi that makes contact with him throughout the series, so it's safe to assume that when Itachi told Sasuke in confidence that Madara is still alive, that it was him, Madara behind the mask at the point in time.

Chapter 474: Tobi talks about being present at the Uchiha Massacre, this could point to many more people being involved than originally stated, Danzou included. But that also means that the current Tobi, being who he is, couldn't be the one at the massacre, seeing his age at the time.

------------------------------------

tl;dr Tobi is multiple people. All with the same goal of seriously screwing up the ninja world, and our heads.

ObitoUchiha
08-29-2012, 12:05 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/293/590/6f6.gif

but in all seriousness, I think others donned the Tobi role. Not while Obito was tobi, tho.

He can alter his body, like how he regrows limbs, so maybe he can make his face like his father (figure)'s?

Hidden Ninja45
08-29-2012, 01:03 PM
This is actually a pretty cool idea. If this turns out to be true, my faith in the series could be restored.

Maruko
08-29-2012, 01:12 PM
I like this. +1

ObitoUchiha
08-29-2012, 01:36 PM
I sorta like it. Not a legion.

Only one, and its a small family line thingamajig.

Lia_Uchiha
08-29-2012, 01:47 PM
I like this theory! This could be true!

Devy
08-29-2012, 03:55 PM
Thanks gentleman. It wasn't just my idea. All clues were compiled from reddit and other sources.

BoxHead
08-29-2012, 06:06 PM
So is he the hero the Ninja World deserves, and not the one it needs?

Devy
08-29-2012, 08:29 PM
So is he the hero the Ninja World deserves, and not the one it needs?

I....think...?

Maybe....?

I don't understand why you're being so serious about this discussion.

Vatanui AKA Pride
08-29-2012, 08:36 PM
I....think...?

Maybe....?

I don't understand why you're being so serious about this discussion.

Haven't you seen The Dark Knight before?

It's a reference to the film.

Devy
08-30-2012, 12:14 AM
Haven't you seen The Dark Knight before?

It's a reference to the film.

Hence the Joker quote I rephrased about being so serious.

Why you guys have to keep posting things like this is beyond me I know why.

So you think you may know a certain fact about Naruto, but you end up wrong.

Serious business is all around us. Really, just look around, Naruto is taken srsly.

TetsuShatarii
09-01-2012, 08:13 AM
Its a good theory. A very good theory but too good to be true...

Jakropha
09-01-2012, 08:34 AM
Tobi's a squealer, I know a squealer when I see one, and he's it!