PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler: Kishi's error... Eh?

Rikudo Sage
08-16-2012, 07:38 AM
I have re-read chap and still doesnt understand how Kakashi's kunai left a scar on Tobi's mask.. I clearly understand how Naruto's Rasengan landed on Tobi but I am very confused about the Kunai..

based on chap 597 pg 9 the Kunai left a scar on Tobi's mask while the Kunai was moving towards Naruto and we know for a fact that Tobi kicked the Kunai forwardly to attack Naruto.. That kunai was couple of inches away from Tobi's mask but how Tobi's mask got hit? `:|

The kunai landed on Tobi's foot and hit His mask? SMH

I don't understand this...

florence-chan
08-16-2012, 10:10 AM
Must be an error. Kishi might have forgotten where it hit o:

PrinceofPeace
08-16-2012, 11:05 AM
MAYBE YOUR NOT TOO STUPID TO UNDERSTAND

(jk I barely know whats going on)

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
08-16-2012, 11:47 AM
Didn't it bounce off a rock or something? I remember seeing it hit something.

Phacade
08-16-2012, 12:10 PM
Take a needle and poke through a blanket. Its now on the other side. Now poke it back, its on the original side. When the Kunai went to the other side, it scratched the mask. When it came back to the original side, it his a rock. Thats my understanding of it.

paradigm1977
08-17-2012, 12:32 AM
What happened is the damage came initially, when it passed through the side of Tobi's mask. Kakashi confirmed this in the last chapter. Tobi phased so the kunai wouldn't hurt him. But he phased back to normal too early and the chakra trail from the kunai didn't clear the mask yet, only the kunai. That is where the small scratch came from.

Noctis Arashi
08-17-2012, 01:29 AM
inb4wooster

But seriously. How did it end up by his foot, then suddenly his face?

Mangetsu Hozuki
08-17-2012, 06:34 AM
We only assume it couldn't have been by his face because we know there is a thing we call space. Or gravity. But what if this other dimension we know of didn't have a principle of space? Or even if it had space, but not one parrelel to ours? If this dimension didn't have space, then no matter where the kunai was teleported to, it could have scratched Tobi's face. Get it?

Rikudo Sage
08-17-2012, 07:20 AM
Didn't it bounce off a rock or something? I remember seeing it hit something.
I doubt it. as far as I know.. It only hit Tobi's left foot and His left side mask.
Take a needle and poke through a blanket. Its now on the other side. Now poke it back, its on the original side. When the Kunai went to the other side, it scratched the mask. When it came back to the original side, it his a rock. Thats my understanding of it.
Kakashi said.. "When He (Tobi) launched himself forward with an extended arm to grab you (Naruto). The Kunai just finish vanishing next to his face"

with that being sad.. Tobi took the damage before Kakashi warped the kunai with Kamui.
What happened is the damage came initially, when it passed through the side of Tobi's mask. Kakashi confirmed this in the last chapter. Tobi phased so the kunai wouldn't hurt him. But he phased back to normal too early and the chakra trail from the kunai didn't clear the mask yet, only the kunai. That is where the small scratch came from.
I can accept that but if you look at chap 597 pg 9 ( This is when Tobi got hit by the kunai )

On that page the kunai was moving towards 9'oclock. However, when the Kunai passed through Tobi's head the Kunai was moving towards 6'oclock. So there is some inconsistency with Kishi's art which I consider an error. Except there is someone who can clearly explain that..
inb4wooster

But seriously. How did it end up by his foot, then suddenly his face?
Yeah.. That is obviously an error which create more error ( The kunai direction ).

slyfoxx
08-17-2012, 08:08 AM
wait wait wait... they both went to the other dimension at the same time thats what happen. they went through the door at the same time and bump in to each other. it dont matter what direction the kunai is headed in our world.

Rikudo Sage
08-17-2012, 12:30 PM
wait wait wait... they both went to the other dimension at the same time thats what happen. they went through the door at the same time and bump in to each other. it dont matter what direction the kunai is headed in our world.
This suggest that when Kakashi warped the kunai to the other dimension it was brought next to Tobi's cheek although Kakashi warped the kunai at point C when it was still at the real dimension.

A - C - B (real dimension)

A - Naruto's location
B - Tobi's location
C - kunai's location

Hmmmm.. This will only make a conflict about how Naruto's Rasengan landed on Tobi's right arm.

Satsuki
08-17-2012, 07:17 PM
I have re-read chap and still doesnt understand how Kakashi's kunai left a scar on Tobi's mask.. I clearly understand how Naruto's Rasengan landed on Tobi but I am very confused about the Kunai..

based on chap 597 pg 9 the Kunai left a scar on Tobi's mask while the Kunai was moving towards Naruto and we know for a fact that Tobi kicked the Kunai forwardly to attack Naruto.. That kunai was couple of inches away from Tobi's mask but how Tobi's mask got hit? `:|

The kunai landed on Tobi's foot and hit His mask? SMH

I don't understand this...

They both teleported to the same place. Meaning he teleported first, moved a little, and the Kunai followed and nicked his mask.

paradigm1977
08-19-2012, 08:44 PM
I can accept that but if you look at chap 597 pg 9 ( This is when Tobi got hit by the kunai )

On that page the kunai was moving towards 9'oclock. However, when the Kunai passed through Tobi's head the Kunai was moving towards 6'oclock. So there is some inconsistency with Kishi's art which I consider an error. Except there is someone who can clearly explain that..

The page you reference is where the error is made worse. First it travels at 6 o'clock the prior chapter, then it deflects to the foot and he kicks it forward. Then kamui.

On page 9, as you referenced, the kunai is moving from behind him, and it's being kamuied according to Kakashi... this is a third angle, and if it is a bad drawing of the first strike, how does it come back, only to be kicked, and kamuied again?

Big screw-up. And a big screw up to try to cover that screw up.

Rikudo Sage
08-20-2012, 08:18 AM
The page you reference is where the error is made worse. First it travels at 6 o'clock the prior chapter, then it deflects to he foot and he kicks it forward. Then kamui.

On page 9, as you referenced, the kunai is moving from behind him, and it's being kamuied according to Kakashi... this is a third angle, and if it is a bad drawing of the first trike, how does it come back, only to be kicked, and kamuied again?

Big screw-up. And a big screw up to try to cover that screw up.
An error indeed!

but you know.. the truth is.. Kishi can easily go away with it.. we are only 10% of the readers who kept talking about details like this.. most my friends who arent a member of any Naruto forums just kept reading the page then wait for the next chapter on the following week. I once tried asking them about Obito = Tobi theory and most of them forgot about Obito already.. They were like "what who's Obito?" :lol:

paradigm1977
08-20-2012, 10:20 PM
An error indeed!

...Tobi theory and most of them forgot about Obito already.. They were like "what who's Obito?" :lol:

Scary when we weigh whether kishi would ignore established aspects of the story to say its Obito, and then not even cover the bases/questions we thought of.

senji
08-20-2012, 10:53 PM
the madara redirected the kunai so it was going to hit naruto so kakashi tells naruto not to worry about it and uses kamui to send the kunai into another dimension at the same time naruto hits madara in the mask but madara phases through that part of madara went into the same dimension the kunai was in and the kunai scratches madaras mask :D