PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler: What a PAIN. (Nagato/Pain Archive Thread)

sagenaruto1
04-24-2009, 10:57 AM
hey im new and in the manga series i know everything up to the point where naruto beats the fake pain finally and goes to get the real pain.if you know anything else can you post here and tell me?I am the biggest naruto fan ever!!!:shock:

mega sasuke dude
04-24-2009, 11:16 AM
hey im new and in the manga series i know everything up to the point where naruto beats the fake pain finally and goes to get the real pain.if you know anything else can you post here and tell me?I am the biggest naruto fan ever!!!:shock:
same here all up to date

mega sasuke dude
04-24-2009, 11:21 AM
cool thanks
ya whos your favorite character

sagenaruto1
04-24-2009, 11:22 AM
cool thanks

fanfromguam671
04-26-2009, 11:18 PM
Nagato - Power obtained as a result of War
Naruto - Same (Kyuubi sealed within him)
Nagato - Three person team (Two guys, one girl - Nagato, Yahiko, and Konan)
Naruto - Same (Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura)
Nagato - One person left the group (Yahiko - deceased)
Naruto - One person left the group (Sasuke - defected)
Nagato - Became a weapon of mass destruction
Naruto - Was made as one (Shiki Fuuin - sealed Kyuubi within it's Jinchuuriki)
Nagato - Konan stays by him to assist
Naruto - Is currently developing the relationship with Sakura
Nagato - Most powerful member of his team
Naruto - Same (Sasuke may have Amaterasu, Tsukiyomi, and possibly Susano'o, but Naruto has the Senjutsu abilitiy, Rasen Shuriken, and the Kyuubi form)
Nagato - Dreams of becoming god (highest title)
Naruto - Dreams of becoming Hokage (highest rank in Konoha)
Nagato - Fights to change the world
Naruto - Same

But what do you think? I know a lot of Sasuke fans will debate on whether who will win now in a fight, but when you consider that Naruto is able to demolish mountains and has enough chakra to produce a near-infinite amount of clones, you have to wonder how would Sasuke fair since he would have died if the Hachibi (Eight-Tails) didn't hold back?

sage kiba
04-27-2009, 02:38 AM
well i can tell ur farther in the story line than me thanks 4 the info

bretnova
04-27-2009, 01:09 PM
FROG FU ftw :P lol

dierdara
04-27-2009, 01:35 PM
I think for the most part the relations beetween the two were right but he did strech a little bit here and there

Phenom
04-28-2009, 09:32 PM
I think for the most part the relations beetween the two were right but he did strech a little bit here and there

The only part that I think could possibly be stretched is Naruto being stronger than Sasuke. However, from what we have seen of them both Naruto would completely demolish Sasuke.

KyuubiAkatsuki
04-28-2009, 09:35 PM
I think they're both similar in some ways. They both know the pain of losing people. And personally i think Naruto can beat Sasuke now especially with Sage Mode. Off topic i know lol

Qikkz
04-28-2009, 09:38 PM
you have to wonder how would Sasuke fair since he would have died if the Hachibi (Eight-Tails) didn't hold back?

Also if Jugo didn't heal his wounds. I think Naruto is stronger than Sasuke.

Luna Mikazuki
04-28-2009, 09:42 PM
I never noticed until now.

Kisame
04-28-2009, 09:43 PM
Thy're supposed to be similiar.

Pain is like the anti-Naruto.

KyuubiAkatsuki
04-28-2009, 09:44 PM

Is it somewhat similar to Gaara as a reflection to Naruto? Okay that was farfetched sorry.

Nah i agree with you

Luna Mikazuki
04-28-2009, 09:45 PM

Is it somewhat similar to Gaara as a reflection to Naruto? Okay that was farfetched sorry.

Kisame
04-28-2009, 09:47 PM

Yes, Gaara was the opposite of Naruto regarding bonds, Pain is his opposite regarding ideals and dreams.

Luna Mikazuki
04-28-2009, 10:02 PM

Yes, Gaara was the opposite of Naruto regarding bonds, Pain is his opposite regarding ideals and dreams.

That makes sense

Travis-Parker
04-29-2009, 01:04 AM
Yea,Naruto is a better ninja than Sasuke ,the only thing that makes Sasuke better is his clan's blood which was like handed to him no? While Naruto has trained constantly yes his father is the 4th but that's not like he got some special ability that he can use and keep control of. If Naruto did NOT have the Kyubi he would be able to go to such a higher strength that no shinobi has gone besides Madara Uchiha because Kakahi said him self that if he did'nt have the 9 Tailed Fox's chakra he would have 100 times more then Kakashi more chakra makes it easier to train and easier to train makes it easier to get stronger :D :mrgreen: I might have said too much that might confuse you though hahah

Luna Mikazuki
04-29-2009, 05:41 PM
Yea,Naruto is a better ninja than Sasuke ,the only thing that makes Sasuke better is his clan's blood which was like handed to him no? While Naruto has trained constantly yes his father is the 4th but that's not like he got some special ability that he can use and keep control of. If Naruto did NOT have the Kyubi he would be able to go to such a higher strength that no shinobi has gone besides Madara Uchiha because Kakahi said him self that if he did'nt have the 9 Tailed Fox's chakra he would have 100 times more then Kakashi more chakra makes it easier to train and easier to train makes it easier to get stronger :D :mrgreen: I might have said too much that might confuse you though hahah

Naruto is better in my opinion as well

Spartacus
04-29-2009, 05:48 PM
Nagato is not the only one who is like Naruto, the whole series we have seen people relate to Naruto in fact, the three are following the exact same path as the Legendary Sanin, all of them went to a different Sanin and learned from them. Also Gaara was saved by Naruto because Gaara had the same kind of life as Naruto but he never made friends until Naruto beat him in a fight showing that protecting someone is more powerful then hating them.

Taker369
04-30-2009, 10:59 AM
Sauske is with the strongest charcter there is madora aka tobi who knows what ne moves he learned but as of right naruto may be stronger.

deidara330
05-04-2009, 03:30 PM
Do you think Naruto will kill Pain, or will Pain become a good guy?

shadow_user
05-04-2009, 03:47 PM
i doubt that he will become good

Phenom
05-04-2009, 06:48 PM

Kakashi actually said the Naruto has twice the amount of his own chakra and with the kyuubis it is about 100 times his.

Kisame
05-04-2009, 09:18 PM
Nagato's character and his jutsu known as Pain are heavily influenced by Buddhism. To start off, Pain- Nagato's jutsu- is influenced by the six lower realms of Buddhism, which are part of the ten spiritual realms.

The ten spiritual realms are part of the belief of some forms of Buddhism that there are ten conditions of life which sentient beings are subject to, and which they experience from moment to moment.

- wikipedia

Human Realm
Main article: Human beings in Buddhism
The Human realm (also known as the Manu?ya realm) is based on passion, desire, doubt, and pride.

Buddhists see this realm as human existence. A human rebirth is in fact considered to be the by far most advantageous of all possible rebirths in samsara because a human rebirth is the samsaric realm from which one can directly ensure enlightenment either in the present or future birth (for anagamis, the actual liberation occurs in a deva realm). This is because of the unique possibilities that a human rebirth offers.

A human rebirth is considered to have tremendous potential when used correctly, however we usually waste our human lifetime in materialistic pursuits, and end up reinforcing our unhelpful emotions, thoughts, and actions. Because of this, it is almost always the case that one descends to a lower rebirth after a human life, rather than immediately going on to another human birth.

In the lower realms, such as for example, the animal realm, it is a very slow and difficult process to accumulate enough merit to achieve a human birth once again, so it may be countless lifetimes before one has another chance.

Asura Realm
Main article: Asura (Buddhism)
The Asura realm is the realm of the demigods. They are here because of actions based on jealousy, struggle, combat or rationalization of the world. They may be here because in human form they had good intentions but committed bad actions such as harming others.

The Asuras are said to experience a much more pleasurable life than humans, but they are plagued by envy for the devas, whom they can see just as animals can perceive humans.

The Asura realm is also sometimes referred to as the Ashura realm, Titan realm, Jealous God realm, Demigod realm, or Anti-God realm. Asura is also sometimes translated as "demon," "fighting demon," "those without wine," or "angry ghost," which can cause confusion because beings of the hell realm are also sometimes referred to as demons.

Animal Realm
Main article: Animals in Buddhism
The Animal realm (also known as the Tiryag-yoni realm) is based on strong mental states of stupidity and prejudice cultivated in a previous life or lives.

Buddhists believe that this realm is the realm of existence of the nonhuman animals on Earth. Humans can however be seen by the animals, in the same way that the Asura can see the Devas.

Preta Realm
Main article: Preta
The Hungry Ghost realm (also known as the Preta realm) is a rebirth based on strong possessiveness and desire which were cultivated in a previous life or lives.

The sentient beings in this realm are known as "hungry ghosts". They are constantly extremely hungry and thirsty, but they cannot satisfy these needs. In Tibetan versions of the Bhavacakra these beings are drawn with narrow necks and large bellies. This represents the fact that their desires torment them, but they are completely unable to satisfy themselves.

[edit] Naraka Realm (Woeful State)
Main article: Naraka (Buddhism)
The Naraka realm, or "hell realm" is a rebirth based on strong states of hatred cultivated in a previous life or lives.

The Buddhist view of Niraya differs significantly from that of most monotheistic religions in that those being punished in this realm are not trapped permanently. Rather, they remain there until their negative karma is used up, at which point they are reborn into another realm.

Ch 419, pg 01- Diversionary tactics are up to Demon realm, Animal realm, and Hungry Ghost realm. Reconiassance is up to God realm, Human realm, and Hell realm.

This qoute spoken by the Deva path proves their connection.

Some name may seem different, but they mean the same.

Another way to call some bodies is:

God= Deva
Demon= Asura
Hungry Ghost= Preta
Hell= Naraka

Why is the Pain jutsu important to Nagato's enlightenment, you may ask?

It all has to do with the Deva Path.

The Deva realm is the realm of bliss. The disadvantage of this realm is that things are so very comfortable there, that these beings completely neglect to work towards enlightenment. Instead they gradually use up the good karma they had previously accumulated, and so they subsequently fall to a lower rebirth.

The Deva realm is sometimes also referred to as the gods' realm, because its inhabitants are so powerful within their own realm, that compared to humans, they resemble the gods of Greek or Roman mythology. However, while the Devas may be referred to as gods, they are not immortal, omniscient, nor omnipotent, and they do not act as creators or judges at death, so they are notably very distinct from the monotheistic Western concept of God.

-wikipedia

As you can see where it says, they neglect the path toward enlightenment, it shows that only after Naruto destroyed the Deva realm, may Nagato become enligthened.

Now on to Nagato.

Nagato himself is influenced from the Buddha. The Buddha was a human who practiced self-mortification- denying oneself of certain pleasures- to achieve peace.

Ch 436, pg. 16- And then for a short time peace will come again. It will give birth to short periods of peace within this hatred. That is my wish.

-Nagato

As you can see, in that page, Nagato has an emaciated body. Like the Buddha, he starved himself to use the Pain jutsu to obtain peace.

The location is also extremely important for the enlightment.

The Bodhi Tree, also known as Bo (from the Sinhalese Bo), was a large and very old Sacred Fig tree (Ficus religiosa) located in Bodh Gaya (about 100 km/62 mi from Patna in the Indian state of Bihar), under which Siddhartha Gautama, the spiritual teacher and founder of Buddhism later known as Gautama Buddha, achieved enlightenment, or Bodhi. In religious iconography, the Bodhi tree is recognizable by its heart-shaped leaves, which are usually prominently displayed.

-wikipedia

Buddha achieved enlightenment while medating under the Bhodi Tree. Where is Nagato?
Out of all the possiblelocations he's under a tree.

Naruto's answer is what is what will help Nagato go through the four higher Noble realms and achieve inner peace.

Learning
Learning is a condition in which one seeks some skill, lasting truth or self-improvement through the teachings of others. To access this realm, the experiencer must first develop the desire to gain wisdom and insight into the true nature of all things, free from delusion. This realm is characterized by the seeking of truth and wisdom through external sources, e.g. other people and pre-recorded information (usually texts).

This condition is comparable to the state of the ?r?vakabuddha.

-wikipedia

This is where Nagato is currently in. He is asking Naruto for his answer to peace. He is seeking the truth from an outside source.

[edit] Realization (or absorption)
Realization is a state in which one discovers a partial truth through one's own observations, efforts and concentration. Usually to access this realm the experiencer must first have decided external sources are inferior to internal sources, eg his/her own mind. This realm is characterized by the seeking of truth and wisdom through direct internal perception.

This condition is comparable to the state of the Pratyekabuddha.

The two above realms are collectively known as 'the two vehicles'. Even though these realms are based upon the desire to increase wisdom and insight, ego is still present, as these desire are primarily self-oriented.

- wikipedia

This is the state Nagato will be in when he hears Naruto's answer. He will still want peace through his unorthodox methods, but will search within himself for the partial truth.

[edit] Bodhisattvahood
Bodhisattvahood is a condition in which one not only aspires for personal enlightenment but also devotes oneself to relieving the sufferings of others through compassionate and truly altruistic actions, e.g. helping others. This realm is characterized by the feeling that happiness achieved through the benefit of others is superior to happiness achieved through the benefit of only the self.

This condition is that of a Bodhisattva.

-wikipedia

In this realm Nagato will give up his false peace and become good. He will help by telling Naruto about Madara, to try to help Naruto obtain peace.

Buddhahood
Buddhahood is the highest of the Ten Worlds, a condition of pure, indestructible happiness which is not dependent on one's circumstances. The experiencer is totally free from all delusion, suffering and anger. It is a condition of perfect and absolute freedom, characterized by boundless wisdom, courage, compassion and life force. This realm is difficult to describe and is generally only obtained through the direct internal perception of the realm of realization. This realm is characterized by not being shifted into lower realms due to external sources, and the non-reliance on external sources for happiness. This realm is manifested outwardly through the actions of the realm of bodhisattvahood.

This condition is that of a fully enlightened Buddha

-wikipedia

In this realm he will finally achieve true inner peace. There are two options after that, he will die or get back in shape like Buddha, minus the fat part.

As for me I believe he will not die, but turn good and get his body in shape, considering all he is is extremely anorexic.

Thoughts?

Sharingan Shinobi
05-04-2009, 09:22 PM
I am glad they have a thing called copy and paste but yeah I read the same thing last week about him from there (wikipedia)

Kisame
05-04-2009, 09:23 PM
I am glad they have a thing called copy and paste but yeah I read the same thing last week about him from there (wikipedia)

I didn't copy and paste the whole thing, just the sections about the realms.

Sharingan Shinobi
05-04-2009, 09:25 PM
*^!SPOILER!^*What will Sasuke do when he finds out Konoha has been destroyed?

Kisame
05-04-2009, 09:25 PM
*^!SPOILER!^*What will Sasuke do when he finds out Konoha has been destroyed?

And this has to do with my theory how?

Sharingan Shinobi
05-04-2009, 09:27 PM
no one is around to talk and it does have to do with pain so..... :mrgreen:

Kisame
05-04-2009, 09:29 PM
I guess he might be angry Pain already destroyed it, and look for the elders. Then he and Naruto have a fight.

TheBlackChidori
05-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Wow Kisame. It's posts like these that truly make you worthy of the 3000+ post count you've racked up. I'm proud to share a forum with you, man.

Kisame
05-04-2009, 09:59 PM
Wow Kisame. It's posts like these that truly make you worthy of the 3000+ post count you've racked up. I'm proud to share a forum with you, man.

Yeah, I can make posts like these, but I'm usually too lazy.

Toma RNK
05-04-2009, 10:02 PM
Yeah, I can make posts like these, but I'm usually too lazy.

Lazy competence is the sign of genius. I am not buttering you up, I am serious.

Luna Mikazuki
05-04-2009, 10:02 PM
Well Rinnegan literally means Samsara Eye. Samsara means the rebirth or reincarnation in Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Sikism and other related religions.

Yori
05-05-2009, 11:51 AM
Yea or maybe he got the techniques when he got the eyes; the sage of six paths made

animal
human
Asura
Preta
Naraka
Deva

ixTHExCANDYxMANxi
05-05-2009, 12:46 PM
I say yes....................
Why did we have to vote for 2 :?: :?: :?: :?:

dragonfire53511
05-05-2009, 01:56 PM
I think Pain will be killed; after Naruto finally gives Pain a answer to the question that was asked! But I do not Think it will be Naruto that will finish him or anyone that is good from the leaf; I think it will be one of his own if Naruto words touch him similar to the way they touched Zabuza or someone on the side of the nut whom want to overthrow granma Tsu. to become hokage will take the moment wither pain is good or evil and try to kill Both Naruto and Pain and Pain will sacrifice himself to save Naruto, An as he dies he will probably tell Naruto that he expect him to live up to that answer and it time for him meaning Pain to go join the Perv Sage to keep him out of trouble were ever he is going.

Kisame
05-05-2009, 01:58 PM
Pain is dead...

Unless you mean Nagato.

Space Cowboy Sasori
05-05-2009, 02:00 PM
Turn good?

I voted for the underdog choice. :)

deidara330
05-05-2009, 02:16 PM
Pain is dead...

Unless you mean Nagato.
So?
Pain, Nagato, same person.

Kisame
05-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Pain is dead...

Unless you mean Nagato.
So?

Pain is Nagato's jutsu, not the person.

deidara330
05-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Pain is dead...

Unless you mean Nagato.
So?

Pain is Nagato's jutsu, not the person.
I haven't read the recent chapters. I get most info from spoilers, and I'm only on vol.44. I don't know the difference between his jutsus name and his, especially since he keeps saying its his name.

shadow_user
05-05-2009, 02:52 PM
ya nagato is controlling those bodies with jutsu

05-05-2009, 05:22 PM
nice theory

rocketjed1
05-06-2009, 03:41 PM
i thinkthat nagato is going to be killed be konan

rocketjed1
05-06-2009, 03:45 PM
ok so pain desroyed the leaf village. but sasuke is on his way to destroy the leaf village. so whats gona happen once sasuke learns that pain already destroyed the leaf village?

deidara330
05-06-2009, 03:46 PM
Sasuke won't care.

Space Cowboy Sasori
05-06-2009, 03:47 PM
Shrug and walk the other way.

rocketjed1
05-06-2009, 03:50 PM
well sasuke said he wanted to kill the village elders but what if pain already did

sasukeluva123
05-06-2009, 03:51 PM
i really dont think that he would care

rocketjed1
05-06-2009, 03:53 PM
well im just saying sasuke wanted to kill the elders and if pain already did sasuke couldnt have his revenge

Seiko Dageki
05-06-2009, 03:58 PM
I think that Naruto and Sasuke should team up to end this whole Akatsuki phase, even though Sasuke is part of the Akatsuki now...

shinmarubountyhunter
05-06-2009, 05:05 PM
well sasuke said he wanted to kill the village elders but what if pain already did

but pain didnt kill the elders and i think sasuke would get mad but

naruto is about to kill pain so wat could sasuke do

05-06-2009, 05:06 PM
he would not care

shinmarubountyhunter
05-06-2009, 05:38 PM
I think Pain will be killed; after Naruto finally gives Pain a answer to the question that was asked! But I do not Think it will be Naruto that will finish him or anyone that is good from the leaf; I think it will be one of his own if Naruto words touch him similar to the way they touched Zabuza or someone on the side of the nut whom want to overthrow granma Tsu. to become hokage will take the moment wither pain is good or evil and try to kill Both Naruto and Pain and Pain will sacrifice himself to save Naruto, An as he dies he will probably tell Naruto that he expect him to live up to that answer and it time for him meaning Pain to go join the Perv Sage to keep him out of trouble were ever he is going.
i think thats a good answer i agree

Rorschach Kaguya
05-06-2009, 07:52 PM
i think Naruto will change Nagato, in reference to his "power" to change people & become friends with anybody. after some long dialogue, Nagato/Pain will show a little change, but whether he lives or dies- i have no idea. Although he'll have to pay for his crimes so i'm guessing he'll end up dying in the end, not like he can just become good guy and walk free lol. Well of course, if he switches his allegiance, and turns against Tobi/Madara Uchiha to help save the world in the end, he might get some kind of immunity or something. but now that i think of it, he probly won't survive to the end.. just my thoughts

Naruko-chan
05-06-2009, 07:55 PM
I think he will kill him, cuz even if he does go good, tons of people are still going to be after him for what he did. It's sad, but I think that's what would happen. Like when Zabuza and Haku died. Haku was always good, but in the end, so was Zabuza. They both died though. :cry:

ThunderSpirit
05-06-2009, 08:17 PM
I am new here to the board, so first I'll say Hi all. That's an interesting theory, I think you might be on to something there.

shino 4
05-07-2009, 06:20 AM
Shrug and walk the other way.
I agree with you

shino 4
05-07-2009, 06:24 AM
I say he will kill the 6 pains and relize nagotoes dream about peace

deidara330
05-07-2009, 06:29 AM
Well, I don't read the most recent translated chapters on non-viz sites, but from what I've heard, Tobi is watching the conversation with Pain, right? If that's true, I have some theories. Is ^that true or not?

*ichigorukiafan*
05-07-2009, 06:39 AM
i think in the end he will. he cant be forgiven 4 wat he has done

deidara330
05-07-2009, 06:43 AM
My theory is that Naruto and Pain will fight, and eventually Pain will become a good guy. Then Tobi steps out and kills Pain, and reinforcements arrive, so Tobi retreats. In the aftermath, Naruto silently mourns Pain's death. Then Konan will join Konoha and release all the info she has on the Akatsuki. Then the Leaf Mobilizes its forces for a final assault.

TheBlackChidori
05-07-2009, 06:59 AM
Chances are, the Village Elders did what they always do.

Run and hide while the village is under attack, and then when its all over, complain about how poor the leadership of Konoha is. Truth be told, I really hope Sasuke finishes them off.

deidara330
05-07-2009, 07:00 AM
Me too.

KyuubiAkatsuki
05-09-2009, 03:12 PM
I feel bad for Pain since

he's just being used by Madara, and all he's trying to do is bring peace, but in a jacked up way.

seannfma
05-09-2009, 05:11 PM
I feel bad for Pain since

he's just being used by Madara, and all he's trying to do is bring peace, but in a jacked up way.
i agree

05-09-2009, 08:26 PM
isn't pain naruto's dad

Kisame
05-09-2009, 08:27 PM
isn't pain naruto's dad

No, he's not.

ThunderSpirit
05-09-2009, 09:08 PM
isn't pain naruto's dad

No, he's not.

Yeah, some fake manga pages were floating around the web, but they were just forged from a bunch of unrelated panels.

eternalblackrain
05-09-2009, 10:53 PM
they are very similar.same with gaara and haku.
haku also experienced pain and has a kekkei genkai that made him powerful.i know he didn't have a team and what not,but don't forget haku.

i think naruto is stronger then sasuke but not by much.he no longer has the curse mark,but has the sharingan still.also naruto has had to go through a lot more training then him

Luna Mikazuki
05-09-2009, 10:57 PM
isn't pain naruto's dad

*facepalm*

KyuubiAkatsuki
05-09-2009, 11:36 PM
I'm pretty sure Pain isn't Naruto's dad, mostly because 4th Hokage said he's Naruto's dad

DeidarasGurl4eva
05-10-2009, 12:32 PM
i spell it like pein but some say its wrong what do you think

Toma RNK
05-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Ill quote SRHYSE on this one as he said it very well in another thread.

It's mainly a translational preference.

In Japanese, his name is written "pe" as in pez, "i" as in easy, "n" as in no. It's obviously meant to mean 'pain,' but a lot of people think it'd be more 'accurate' to write 'pein;' it isn't, btw.

Sasuke
05-11-2009, 09:29 PM
Ill quote SRHYSE on this one as he said it very well in another thread.

It's mainly a translational preference.

In Japanese, his name is written "pe" as in pez, "i" as in easy, "n" as in no. It's obviously meant to mean 'pain,' but a lot of people think it'd be more 'accurate' to write 'pein;' it isn't, btw.

In the english manga it's spelt Pain, I know for sure because I just bought the manga volumes 28-44 from a store on Saturday

mrsticky005
07-28-2012, 10:24 PM
Moving the old Pain threads to here.