PDA

View Full Version : the road to ninja confuses me

tobi the terrible
07-22-2012, 04:14 PM
so im just wondering what others think about the plot of the road to ninja.
i learned that the reason why most of the characters are different is because of tobi's genjutsu but i also have heard from a couple of sources that the genjutsu creates a world based on the target's desires. so that explains why naruto's parents and sasuke are their and why sasuke isn't his usual emo self but that doesnt explain the rest because what problems did naruto have with the others personalities? so what do you think is causeing them to be so different?

Larry01239
07-22-2012, 04:27 PM
you are forgetting that Sakura is also in the Genjutsu, so her desires affect the world as well. She may have a problem with some of the personalities of others.

ILIKEPIE
07-22-2012, 04:32 PM
it dosen't matter since the movies are not cannon within the real story. The changes were made to make an interesting story and they could of just made this an alternate reality thing so people wouldn't get confused like you did

tobi the terrible
07-22-2012, 04:42 PM
i completely forgot sakura (like i almost always do) so i guess she would have a huge effect so i guess its a matter of which is stronger the desire to change their personality or the desire to have it stay the same. thats probly why lee stayed the same because naruto likes his personality more than sakura wants to change it

Biggs Darklighter
07-25-2012, 04:10 AM
it dosen't matter since the movies are not cannon within the real story. The changes were made to make an interesting story and they could of just made this an alternate reality thing so people wouldn't get confused like you did

The reason why people are making a huge fuss over the movie is that Kishimoto is getting involved in creating the story and providing the character designs. Whether its canon material or not is debateable and is a hot topic in other forums. As far as I'm concerned, its not canon material unless the movie is somehow going to be incorporated into the manga timeline.

Larry01239
07-25-2012, 06:00 AM
It is not canon unless Kishi says it is canon, So far I have seen no such statements.

SilentBlade
07-26-2012, 06:40 AM
I believe its a limited genjutsu that effects the leaf village. The desires of each of the characters afflicted make sense.

Naruto - wants his parents
Sakura - Wants Sasuke
Hinata - wants to be more confident

etc...

Just some thoughts :-)

Naruto321
07-26-2012, 06:41 AM
I thought it was just being the opposite of something the someone's not.