PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler: Does Kishi have plans with Tenten?

Vivi
07-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Lost against Temari.
Was the only one of Team Gai who didn't hit the Kisame Clone.
Was the one who nearly drowned from the Water Prison or at least doing way more horrible.
Out of Team Gai was the only one getting tired on the mission when absent from Konoha during Pains Invasion.
Found the Banana Fan only to fall over.

In addition:
Never having an on-screen battle.

At this point I don't believe anymore of poor treatment when Tenten is Kishimoto's favourite female of the rookies.

I propose:
Kishimoto has something planned for her when in part 1 he wrote himself per Tenten:
"I want to be a great and powerful ninja! To walk in the footsteps of the legendary kunoichi, Tsunade"
I simply don't believe that this is all coincidence nor do I see Kishimoto purposely treating a character this way after this statement for no reason.
And of course she not as relevant.
But matter of fact is, she is the only Rookie who only failed sofar.
Everyone had some moments or at least a battle but Tenten's highlights consists of failing over and over.

Jonesy
07-10-2012, 04:35 PM
I honestly think she just sucks. :lol:

Vivi
07-10-2012, 04:41 PM
Which is the oddity.
Look at everyone and some significant battles.

Ino-Shika-Cho - Asuma
Neji - Naruto,Kidomaru
Shino - Kankuro
Hinata - Neji and Pain
Sakura - Sasori
Lee - Gaara
Kiba - Sakon/Ukon
Chouji - Jirobo
Shikamaru - Tayuya

This has nothing to do with sucking anymore but rather done on purpose by Kishi.

Jonesy
07-10-2012, 04:47 PM
Hmm, true... She needs a time to shine; maybe Kishi has something in store for her. I have a feeling that it's too late for her to prove herself though.

slyfoxx
07-10-2012, 05:35 PM
hell i almost forgot who u was talking.... and kishi has too

nine-tails chakra armor
07-10-2012, 05:42 PM
everyone is wrong ten ten did have a big fight. remember after pain when everyone is talking about old times. ten ten has a filler where tsunade gives her a mission to get ninja weapons and she fights the two jonin when she was a genin. jidanda

Narutorious
07-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Keyword is filler.

Anyway, I think Tenten is sort of a filler character, she's just meant to be the 3rd member of Team Gai, nothing more.

Larry01239
07-10-2012, 05:51 PM
he said he likes Tenten's design, not necessarily her character.

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
07-10-2012, 06:09 PM
she has the fan right?
maybe she'll be in some big fight soon

PrinceofPeace
07-10-2012, 06:31 PM
not really she is just a supportive character

she was lucky enough to get those new weapons though

Xibitz360
07-10-2012, 07:05 PM
Wonder how long her chakra can last with the Banana Fan...anyway, it's a shame she hasn't gotten any good highlights and more relevance to the story. Chun Li would be utterly embarrased and mad at kishi for this.

SharinganSage
07-10-2012, 07:40 PM
"I want to be a great and powerful ninja! To walk in the footsteps of the legendary kunoichi, Tsunade"

*looks at Tsunade

Do we really expect great things from Tenten?

Rasengan SageX5
07-10-2012, 08:01 PM
I hope he does something good with TenTen. Even with all her constant failures and being underloved by most...she's my second favorite girl character. Even if she has one good fight and takes out one strong person by herself, I will be satisfied.

SilentBlade
07-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Which is the oddity.
Look at everyone and some significant battles.

Ino-Shika-Cho - Asuma
Neji - Naruto,Kidomaru
Shino - Kankuro
Hinata - Neji and Pain
Sakura - Sasori
Lee - Gaara
Kiba - Sakon/Ukon
Chouji - Jirobo
Shikamaru - Tayuya

This has nothing to do with sucking anymore but rather done on purpose by Kishi.

I honestly just don't think she will get much in terms of time, and I think its because readers simply didn't connect with her the same way that they connected with the other characters. I mean even Ino hasn't gotten a whole lot in terms of development outside of the trio. Hinata and Sakura got a lot in terms of development due to their connection with Naruto, and Neji got a lot because of his connection to Hinata and the Hyuga family.

Lee got a lot in terms probably due to his similarities to Naruto in terms of wanting to be respected, even though his predicament was not nearly as dire as Naruto, he thought of himself as a "loser" and had something to prove to everyone.

However, the ancillary characters you've listed, like Shino, Kiba and Chouji are really getting development due to their uniqueness in abilities and because its easier to expand (no pun intended) on those abilities to show growth. Tenten didn't really have a greatly unique ability, she's a weapons expert that on appearance seams to fling weapons at her enemies...There just isn't anything special about that (in my mind).

kalmeast
07-10-2012, 08:38 PM
Tenten was only created for two reasons
1. give commentary about the Naruto vs neji fight
2. keep up the team's consistency, that is 2 ninjas, 1 kunoichi. Kishi just threw her in.

paradigm1977
07-10-2012, 09:39 PM
she has the fan right?
maybe she'll be in some big fight soon

Maybe you mean Temari, part of gaara's crew, wind nature.

SharinganSage
07-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Maybe you mean Temari, part of gaara's crew, wind nature.

The fan that the Gold and Silver Bros. had. Tenten picked it up.

Neve
07-11-2012, 01:01 AM
yeah kishi will have to come up with some plan for ten ten. at the end the K11 will eventually take up some role. unless of course ten ten tragically dies