PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler: What has dissapointed you about the forth shinobi war?

l3thall3g3nd
07-05-2012, 11:46 AM
I know there are fans off the series that are dissapointed in certain aspects about the fourth shinobi war. Weither it's no one meaningful to the plot dying, lack off devolpment for lesser characters, naruto coming to the battle to early, sasukes's character changing and so on. So what has dissapointed you about this war and how would you change it? or wouldn't you change anything?

Lol I know there's a spelling mistake in the title I rushed it.

Larry01239
07-05-2012, 11:49 AM
The Seven swordsmen battle getting fought off-panel.

MinatoXNaruto
07-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Tobi getting his ass handed to him, resorting to the juubi already. Madara not killing anybody. Where the hell are the Konoha 11? It shouldn't take 10+ chapters to travel a couple miles. I don't even want them to help Naruto. I hope when Madara goes to get the kurama he encounters them and kills most of them, then when he's about to kill Sakura, Sasuke saves the day with his new upgrade from Oro and beats the living hell out of Madara

Kage Killer
07-05-2012, 11:59 AM
They barely showed any of the other fights. Just quick glances. I mean half the people who were revived by the edo tensei were already killed when Kabuto released it.

l3thall3g3nd
07-05-2012, 12:07 PM
Tobi getting his ass handed to him, resorting to the juubi already. Madara not killing anybody. Where the hell are the Konoha 11? It shouldn't take 10+ chapters to travel a couple miles. I don't even want them to help Naruto. I hope when Madara goes to get the kurama he encounters them and kills most of them, then when he's about to kill Sakura, Sasuke saves the day with his new upgrade from Oro and beats the living hell out of Madara

Preety much again with all of this, apart from choji the kohona 11 have had no development which is really annoying.

l3thall3g3nd
07-05-2012, 12:10 PM
They barely showed any of the other fights. Just quick glances. I mean half the people who were revived by the edo tensei were already killed when Kabuto released it.

Which is why I said at that point in time stopping the edo tensei was useless apart from madara gaining control off his body.

PrinceofPeace
07-05-2012, 12:17 PM
a lot unfortunetly

barely any new jutsu
not a lot of deaths
no new characters
little backstory
too many edo's and we do not see them fight

Larry01239
07-05-2012, 12:27 PM
a lot unfortunetly

barely any new jutsu
not a lot of deaths
no new characters
little backstory
too many edo's and we do not see them fight

Samui's brother was a new character, so were the gold and silver brothers, and some of the seven swordsman, and the old kage, and a few of the other Edos.

Cult of Personality
07-05-2012, 06:54 PM
The fact that no one of any importance died.

The fact that the Seven Swordsmen were off-screened.

The existence of the Uchiha clan.

The fact that Kishimoto's a hack.

makaveli575
07-05-2012, 09:09 PM
Honestly it would be easier to just give a list of what I actually liked about this war certainly would take less time :|.

The two points I have been most disappointed with so far has been Madara vs Kages the fact that none of the Kage have died and it's starting to look like none will is just horrible writing imo, way to take the "hacks" way out Kishi even having one of the Kages sacrificing themselves to somehow seal Madara is 100 times better then the current direction it's heading.

Most people I talk to now believe that Sasuke will come save the day and get rid of Madara and then have a "sparring" match with Naruto that ends with we all live happily ever after corny ending which coincidentally is also my second most disappointed point of this war. I hope I'm wrong on this point but the way it's heading I'm not very optimistic.

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
07-05-2012, 10:41 PM
The Seven swordsmen battle getting fought off-panel.
I wanted to see Kakashi's rampage!!!
The fact that no one of any importance died.

The fact that the Seven Swordsmen were off-screened.

The existence of the Uchiha clan.

The fact that Kishimoto's a hack.

Heheh. Hack

And just about everything

Taicho!!!!

KaiokenX5 Karo
07-05-2012, 11:31 PM
Madara not dying WHAT THE HELL!!!?! CHEAP

Kuromaki
07-05-2012, 11:34 PM
pretty much everything about this war except for the zombies being introduced, though that wasn't the actual 'war' yet. It had so much potential, Kishimoto ruined it.

If I have to say, the only high note recently is Dan and Tsunade's meeting

and17y1
07-06-2012, 03:45 AM
I know there are fans off the series that are dissapointed in certain aspects about the fourth shinobi war. Weither it's no one meaningful to the plot dying, lack off devolpment for lesser characters, naruto coming to the battle to early, sasukes's character changing and so on. So what has dissapointed you about this war and how would you change it? or wouldn't you change anything?

Lol I know there's a spelling mistake in the title I rushed it.

Because the whole war is in one day and will end next day. Exotic !

aimop95
07-06-2012, 04:38 PM
You guys know that it's not over yet and it's still ongoing.

Though so far, only thing that disappoints me is the speed of which this arc is going.

Noctis Arashi
07-06-2012, 04:42 PM
Not enough kurairare

BoxHead
07-06-2012, 04:44 PM
The fact nobody important died.

Jikūkan
07-06-2012, 06:16 PM
I'm most disappointed about there being no main/supporting character deaths. The series received a shimmer of hope of seeming realistic when they bumped off Asuma. Ever since it's stagnated back to the edited for television, no death junk.

If the most intense war in the history of the Narutoverse comes and goes without a single konoha 11 death, it's just seriously lame... Granted Ino has a tactical genius and a physical juggernaut watching her back now. But the likes of TenTen was on her own as far as super close relationship comrades go. You're telling me she survives against a horde of Hashi DNA Zetsu beasts? -.O

kalmeast
07-06-2012, 09:16 PM
it's hard to say since i haven't seen the 1st, 2nd and 3rd prior shinobi world war...

But Neji should not have been too far behind Naruto and Sasuke. He's been left in the dust

Jikūkan
07-06-2012, 09:26 PM
it's hard to say since i haven't seen the 1st, 2nd and 3rd prior shinobi world war...

But Neji should not have been too far behind Naruto and Sasuke. He's been left in the dust

Well yeah, it's definitely an assumption when comparing wars. I just assume that the story would involve the hardest fought war. Involving strong summons from all eras of the Village age of the shinobi world.

Just gonna go and chalk the Neji comment off on bias. He's definitely the pinnacle of the Konoha 11 nin, but he's not all that close to Naruto or Sasuke. Neji is probably like a less seasoned version of Hizashi, if not slightly more talented however(as noted by him at the Chuunin exams.) Naruto is insanely hax atm, and Tobi is finding this out the "bend over!" hard way. Probably gonna change real soon though, obviously. Sasuke is already miles ahead of Neji in ability as it is. Now he's more than likely gonna receive a pretty hefty upgrade. He has to, unless a Naruto vs Sasuke truly wasn't intended.

Cause as things stand at this very moment

Naruto > Sasuke >>> Neji

But hey, if Neji healed up and killed Sasuke, I'd be cool with it. Finally another main character death. I'd bow to Neji :3

Saks
07-06-2012, 09:42 PM
What's disappointing me right now is how Kishi hasn't really killed any of the rookie 12 or any other important characters. Yes Itachi was there but he was still already dead. None of the Kages have gone either! ( punches the wall ) SOMEONE DIE ALREADY xD

Uchiha Efair
07-06-2012, 09:44 PM
No one from good side die yet, thats suck

Kimimaro Kaguya
07-06-2012, 09:48 PM
Kimimaro and juugo didnt get to talk again i would have loved to see that
and how they did the swordsmen fight off screen ._.

Saks
07-06-2012, 09:50 PM
Kimimaro and juugo didnt get to talk again i would have loved to see that
and how they did the swordsmen fight off screen ._.

( gasps ) YOU'RE RIGHT! That's going down on my list now ;//^//;

Kimimaro Kaguya
07-06-2012, 09:58 PM
( gasps ) you're right! That's going down on my list now ;//^//;
sound village all daye!!!

Saks
07-06-2012, 10:06 PM
sound village all daye!!!

um what?

Kimimaro Kaguya
07-06-2012, 10:08 PM
um what?
nothing

paradigm1977
07-06-2012, 10:14 PM
For me,....

Easily the biggest disappointment is when Sasori, the most powerful shinobe in the history of the sand, came back.... and got owned again.

Really hoped he would show more without PnJ defeating him. But no, it was even worse this time.

Rezeon
07-06-2012, 11:12 PM
Hoo boy, where to start...

The pacing has been awful since the start. This is suppossed to be a war, but it looks like it will be over in only two (in story) days, three tops.

All the wrong things have been focused on... We've had several fight match ups get dramatically revealed only to get completely ignored so they can focus on less interesting stuff such as Naruto running around trying to play chosen one.

There is also the issue of Tobi's army, Zetsu fodder and zombies. Honestly there is no tension in this. Everyone expects cloned fodder to be brutally slaughtered, it is just the nature of having several thousand of the same face running around, no matter how many of them die it is just a number and nobody cares as clones aren't important. The zombies also lack proper drama, most of the fights that were built up happened off panel or were anticlimatically short.

Kishi really should have had the Akatsuki build its own alliance of angry smaller villages so that they could really claim this is a true war. I can't bring myself to call it a war when it is everyone vs a couple guys (+clones/summons). It just feels like Kishi up and decided to end the story with a war but didn't give any thought to who should fight it.

Then there is Madara... good grief. Talk about totally destroying the established power balance that existed in the series just to make a final villain. Everyone cower in fear of the all powerful ultimate evil of the universe! b:( At this point I honestly wouldn't be suprised if he powers up and starts flying around shooting lasers from his hands. The story honestly didn't need a villain-sue to just magically pop into existance for the ending.

It isn't directly related to the war storyline, but Naruto's portrayal since the Kyuubi training started has been really bad. They have completely thrown away the idea of teamwork and hard work and decided instead to go with a generic "chosen one saves the day because destiny says so" plot. One of the reasons I always like the story was because it was more grounded and personal, it was about Naruto's journey for acceptence and companionship in a cruel imperfect world, it didn't try to dillude itself by pretending he was going to save the universe and right all wrongs.

Overall it just seems like when the Pain Invasion arc ended Kishi decided he was sick of writing this story and has been rushing to wrap it up as quickly as possible so he can move on with his life. It just feels like everything is being thrown together at the last minute with no real thought on consistency or pacing.

Hyuuga Heir
07-07-2012, 08:02 AM
I don't know what is more disappointing: the Fourth Shinobi War or the OP's spelling...

Glass Pineapples
07-07-2012, 01:34 PM
How stretched out the three major fights of the war are/were.

Swordsmen, Gari, Pakura, Chukichi, Chiyo, and Kimimaro fights being mostly off-panel. We didn't even get to see any of Chukichi's abilities other than sensing chakra. What was the point of including him in the story if he's not going to do anything?

How overpowered Madara is by this verse's standards. Yes, he's one of the strongest ninja in history, but seriously?

I was kind of hoping for a Raikage father/son moment considering almost everyone else met their parents/teachers/rivals/best friends, but this annoyance is minor compared to the above three.

Jikūkan
07-07-2012, 05:27 PM
I'd really like to see Hashi released, to counter Madara. Obviously not gonna happen, but it'd be awesome to see him at the capabilities he's supposed to be at, rather than the early manga mess ups they did with Oro summoning him via ET

Kurama-
07-07-2012, 07:55 PM
I'd really like to see Hashi released, to counter Madara. Obviously not gonna happen, but it'd be awesome to see him at the capabilities he's supposed to be at, rather than the early manga mess ups they did with Oro summoning him via ET

Could still happen Hashirama's clone is currently soulless and powering Zetsu along with Yamato.

All it takes is the Reaper seal to be broken.

Chapter 512 Page 9
and
Chapter 518 Page 18

Jonesy
07-09-2012, 02:26 AM
Tsunade is still alive. ._.

That is the biggest disappointment of this whole entire thing.

DH264
07-09-2012, 03:23 AM

i believe in this guy thoughs b!:)