PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler: The Third Power Theory

Rickudo Sennin
07-05-2012, 01:46 AM
Ok first of all, i was totally blown away with 592, man was it not the most satisfying chapter ever! (read it with 'Am i evil' playing in the background)It was so awesome that i could go for a run after work, work out and sleep like a boss (i a not a boss at work though)!
Anyhu.. back to the chapter and the name - 'The Third Power' , I think its pretty obvious that the 3rd power has something to do with Sasuke. What follows below is a just my attempt to understand what Kishi meant by this. Nothing too wacky here, just a few observations.

Most of the things in Narutoverse as most might know, is inspired from Japanese mythology.
In Japanese mythology, there are four celestial guardians/elements/mythical creatures; the Krin, the dragon, the turtle and the phoenix.
The Krin is said to be the most powerful among theses, so relating to the characters
The Dragon (Earth element) - Tobi
The Phoenix (Fire) - Madara
The Krin (Metal) - Sasuke

Also, it may be that the So6p used Susanoo in the fight with the Juubi (again from Japanese mythology) and the sword of Totsuka has some origins here..

Thanks for reading!

Kyūbi no Yōko
07-06-2012, 06:13 AM
Nice observation. Might be true.

Also, welcome to the forum.

Saks
07-06-2012, 10:16 PM
I like it, it sound possible enough

Rickudo Sennin
07-07-2012, 12:39 AM
Thanks guys!

Saks