PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm: Tips and Tricks Ultimate Ninja Strom Generations

Sasori fan
05-25-2012, 10:57 PM
Hello I recentlly got my copys of UNSG. I beat all the stories and am now working on improving myself to play online. My main character is Sasori and i was wondering if any more experienced puppetmasters could give me some useful advice on becoming good enough to compete with Sasori. Ty for your help:mrgreen:

Taka-hebi1
05-25-2012, 11:10 PM
Lol when your puppets down by kunai or shuriken start Ninja Movng. Ok?

JayJXZ
05-29-2012, 08:11 PM
This should go without saying, but keep your puppy close to your enemy and yourself as far away as possible. Then when your enemy tries to move in on you, chakra dash your puppet back to you to protect you.

Sasori Red Sand
05-29-2012, 11:02 PM
I might write a Sasori guide at some point. Anyhoo some quick pointers...

When someone gets too close for comfort, pull the puppet back asap, and depending on their playstyle either throw or tilt them. Basically the key to victory with a PM is to keep your opponent away from you. Also never plant yourself. If your opponent is starting to get too close for comfort consistently, anticipate it and c.backflip, or otherwise change your location as soon as they close the gap while using an assist to cover your escape.

Always have a ranged assist, and a melee assist. Ranged gives you cover-fire when you need to move the puppetmaster around, and helps keep the pressure up from afar, while melee forces an opponent away from you, grant you ranged can blast someone off you in a pinch too, but I find melee to be handy for breaking subs. When it comes to a melee assist I really recommend one that locks an opponent up, and causes them to really waste subs like Hidan, Kimmimaro, etc... Those two are probably the best for what I am talking about. Also when you get someone locked with your melee assist pull an ultimate, it's a devastating combo. If they have no substitution bars it's a guaranteed hit. If they do have subs I would say 60%-70% of the time you have a chance to nail them with your ultimate since people don't seem to expect it and tend to be more focused on say Hidan womping on them.

Always use at the very least 1 guard assist. You need to really protect yourself as a PM. With Sasori I got with Deidara (guard) and Hidan (attack). Though I've seen some other folks go with two guards.

err the poison tags are very handy, and basically first learn how to control the puppet. Once you get that down, learn how to control both the puppet and puppet master, so you can use them well in unison. This goes back to my previous remark about trying not to plant yourself in one spot if an enemy is closing the gap and getting to you too much.

Just some random advice off the top of my head, I'll try to write a guide or something more extensive later. People seemed to like my ...VS Puppetmaster thread, so why not? I just need to think about it. Never really wrote a guide, but it'll probably just be basic advice, and some key points about how I use Sasori.

Housh
05-30-2012, 09:35 AM
I started using Kankuro and all i can say is don't be statue puppermaster. Move around and keep pressure with your puppets. Now my problem is getting rushed after someone subs behind my puppets. So id like defensive help with puppets.

Evert131
05-30-2012, 10:33 AM
I used to play as Sasori, but I stopped recently. People nowadays just spam
their chakra shurikens and keep jumping so you can't attack, Sasori has been
nerfed since UNS2, you can try to find a good strategy but it will be hard.

My advice: When they're far away, dash and combo him, just keep combo
cancelling even though they aren't even substituting, because if they do, it
will be too late.

And of course use Hidan to create an opening for your ultimate :)

sasuke1991
05-30-2012, 01:05 PM
033- Dangerous title 2 is released as

Sasori Red Sand
05-31-2012, 02:38 PM
I used to play as Sasori, but I stopped recently. People nowadays just spam
their chakra shurikens and keep jumping so you can't attack, Sasori has been
nerfed since UNS2, you can try to find a good strategy but it will be hard.

My advice: When they're far away, dash and combo him, just keep combo
cancelling even though they aren't even substituting, because if they do, it
will be too late.

And of course use Hidan to create an opening for your ultimate :)

Excellent tip! When you do this it makes it really hard for someone to escape because even if they sub, the puppet is going to be right in their face the second they reappear. I also find Sasori's still combo, as in no directional while attacking to be really good too! Reason being at the end of the combo the puppet does a ranged attack and sends an opponent flying. This is really good at knocking subs away and catching the opponent off guard when they think their safe.

Housh
05-31-2012, 05:43 PM
What are you guys' best ideas to protect yourself when you have no subs and someone is rushing you. Dont say use support cause thats obvious. I try guard jumping but eventually i always get caught

Sasori Red Sand
05-31-2012, 10:23 PM
What are you guys' best ideas to protect yourself when you have no subs and someone is rushing you. Dont say use support cause thats obvious. I try guard jumping but eventually i always get caught

Tilt or throw... In this situation you'll need to push them away before you can distance yourself. The tilt has a very handy push back, and a throw can turn things around depending on whether or not your assist bar is at least green. But yeah you need to buy time for assists/subs. The beauty about a puppetmaster is that in many cases especially if you are combo canceling as was mentioned you burn up your opponents subs before they get near you.

Grant you... Those that know how to fight puppetmasters can and more often do make things much more difficult. Timing your tilt to keep them back, and improvisation help. I notice against someone who knows how to fight a puppetmaster when I win the clock is usually low, or hits zero. Same against ranged. With tougher opponents you need to adapt, and play defensively. However timing your tilt right is very helpful in keeping them out of your dangerzone, but they'll only fall for that so many times. You can also throw them. Throw is extremely helpful.

What The Toast
06-01-2012, 02:47 AM

DO NOT JUMP BLOCK. If your opponent is at least decent he will just chakra dash you twice and break your guard leaving you wide open for an ultimate. Just stand still and block if they are trying to rush you, and whenever you see an opening tilt them away. Rinse and repeat until you have sub bars back.

Uchiha Sora
06-01-2012, 06:48 AM
Jump block is a fkin terrible habit -_- it's like reloading after every kill in a shooter.

I CANT BREAK EITHER HABIT. There's just so much going on in the fights that I feel blocking is necessary almost all the time. So much BS happens so I always block... In storm 2 I barely EVER jump-guarded..

Housh
06-01-2012, 08:44 AM
Kisame's tilt is really slow tho, but Ill try it

What The Toast
06-01-2012, 12:46 PM
Kisame's tilt is really slow tho, but Ill try it

Oh, with Kisame? I thought you were talking about Sasori. With kisame just jump over and over without guarding. Or, if you are confident in your anticipation, dash into them whenever you see an opening and make them waste their subs.

Remember with Kisame you have to cancel at a different time, but since Kisame is the slowest character in the game you have to combo cancel after the first hit most of the time.

Uchiha Sora
06-01-2012, 12:49 PM
Yeah like Toasty said, If they c.dash you, just jump over them and c.back dash. I do it to mega all the time :lol:

Or jump them and air chakra dash into them, then back dash. Or combo depending on the situation

PrinceofPeace
06-14-2012, 09:25 PM
I dont know if someone said this already but BEWARE of kuni/long distannce weapons those weak fast easy to use attacks can knockout/disable your puppets to fall to the ground which gives your enemie a perfect time to attack YOU

Evert131
07-11-2012, 05:42 PM
Okay, not sure if this thread is still alive but I've picked up Sasori again and
doing great. Basically you jump > c.dash, way faster and time the jump to
dodge the shurikens so you can just combo them, then cancel it to extend
your combo.

Also if you're out of subs, USE YOUR DOUBLE GUARD! You have to see it
coming, they won't be able to fully break your guard with a full combo,
watch when the combo ends/when they NMC and tilt.

And yes I too use Deidara(atk) and Hidan(grd) as supports.
And against ranged ppl: Ninjutsu works like a charm, it is superior to 1010's
spam jutsu, when you find an opening, you can punish deidara spammers
too.
Use his ninjutsu when you can't seem to combo them, it's way underrated!

Tips:
- When Deidara gets on his bird during the combo, call Hidan, he can hit
him even when he's in the sky.
- USE HIS AWAKENING when you're in a pinch, c.dash + c.shuriken does
miracles and no one sees it coming, then you have plenty of time to
prepare the puppet waves and the fire.
- From a kickback, use either a bomb/poison tag/throw, they all work just
fine.
- When the opponent is on the ground, your ninjutsu can hit them, but
time it fast so it hits them before rolling away. I do it after I throw them
without knockback.

:)