PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm: Tilt Help

peinnoir
04-11-2012, 09:00 PM
I know what a tilt is, and I've managed to do it once or twice, but never reliably, or under pressure. I was wondering if I'm moving the stick wrong, if I'm supposed to swirl it around, or mash it back and forth, or some other way.

What The Toast
04-11-2012, 10:22 PM
You simply the stick flick left or right and press B/O depending on which system you are on. That simple.

Georgiosu-kun
04-11-2012, 11:42 PM
^This...but the flick must be done quickly.

peinnoir
04-12-2012, 01:43 AM
Thanks! Still haven't managed to make it work online, but I'll keep trying.

Uchiha Sora
04-12-2012, 07:40 AM
Yeah it always takes a while to get it. There's nobody to show you how exactly to tilt it. Unless you know somebody who can show You. But if you did, you wouldn't be posting here :lol: That's why it took forever for me to learn a friggin shoryuken in STreet fighter lol

Once you understand how you do it, it's simple and you just do it. I spammed Sasuke's Susano'o tilt continuously for 30 secs but I timed it so the purple chakra never faded out...it looked cool. :lol:

But I usually flick the stick up. You don't even have to flick it just push the stick so it hits the end of its little socket and then press O/B

Housh
04-13-2012, 10:13 AM
Flick and stick its real fast. No one of the guys I use have a good tilt so I don't do it but Naruto'clone throw tilt is sweet.

Mikahel
04-13-2012, 11:38 AM
Wow, I can't believe people still struggle to do this. I remember when Storm 2 came out and people were doing moveset videos you would get like 50 plus comments asking how they did the tilt move. Although it's not their fault because the control section doesn't explain it properly, they say tilt when it is actually flick. But for me I got discovered straight away when I first played the Storm 2 demo with no help and since then I've never had any problems with it.

It just surprises me that some people still can't do it til now. I always flick the left analogue stick to the top left hand corner and then immediately press circle afterwards. I know you can flick it any direction but that position feels most comfortable for me.

VirtualAlex
04-13-2012, 01:15 PM
Important that the flick needs to take place BEFORE you click the attack button.

It's flick -> B not flick + B

Seemed to take my friends a while to get that figured out. Basically you snap the joystick all the way in any direction, and then let it go back to center. I do this by quickly moving my thumb to the bottom (direction doesn't matter) and then I let my thumb KEEP moving passed the stopping point of the joystick. My thumb shoots off the joystick and the stick clicks the wall and snaps back to center. Then I press B.

Let it snap.

Sasori Red Sand
04-18-2012, 09:43 PM
I just recently figured this out myself. Here's the youtube video that helped me get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXILotS9ivE

You just flick the analog stick in any direction and press Circle or B. Under pressure it takes some getting used to, especially if you're doing it out of a block, but I've gotten better. Still need a little work, since I don't get it every time but I'd say about 85% of the time now it'll work in an online match when I want it. It's really helped my Sasori gameplay, and I've become better with Itachi. Like with Itach perform a flick turn into crows land near the opponent and quickly try to sneak an ultimate.

Anyhoo this is video that taught me how to do it, so hope it helps.

Sublime88
04-26-2012, 12:08 PM
So Tilting/Flicking basicly helps get u out from pressure or just help maintaining it?

Sasori Red Sand
04-26-2012, 09:13 PM
So Tilting/Flicking basicly helps get u out from pressure or just help maintaining it?

It's situational. Tilt attacks do different things for different characters. For example it makes Sasori's puppet to a quick rush, and poison. It makes Itachi turn into crows and fly across the screen. It makes Haku flip back and hurl several icicles at the ground in mid-air. etc... So it depends on the character's tilt ability, and it depends on whether not it would be handy in a given situation.

Sublime88
04-27-2012, 01:34 AM
[QUOTE=Sasori Re

Uchiha Sora
04-27-2012, 04:51 AM
Tilt moves are a part of a characters moveset like a jutsu or combo. Some people have a combo for their tilt and some have projectiles or a ninjutsu...'

Like Lee does these backflipp kicks, Suigetsu makes waves with his sword, Sasuke uses Chidori stream on the ground and stabs you like he did to itachi, Neji uses air palm, Pain summons a lobster that sprays out water....and my favorite, PTS Naruto uses Shadow Clone jutsu. There are a LOT of things you can do with a tilt move depending on the properties of the move.Like jump cancel into an air combo...cancel it with a grab.. etc

sasori2701
04-27-2012, 05:40 AM
honestly haku's tilt isnt the best.. But i figured out tilt first time i heard abt it. I usually do it slightly down then flick up but i dont even flick the stick. i keep my finger on the stick and im real safe with it. Careful with my controller xD

Sasori Red Sand
04-27-2012, 08:06 AM
honestly haku's tilt isnt the best.. But i figured out tilt first time i heard abt it. I usually do it slightly down then flick up but i dont even flick the stick. i keep my finger on the stick and im real safe with it. Careful with my controller xD

Haku's is garbage, it just popped into my head since he's my second most played character. I can live with it. After all Haku makes up for it with his jitsu and quick melee attacks. I tend to get rather high combo strings with him.

sasori2701
04-27-2012, 09:27 AM
Haku is amazing, Tilt sux. The tilt is garbage... CRUNCH!! I'll add it to the heap

Sublime88
04-28-2012, 04:51 AM
Wow, I can't believe people still struggle to do this.

Easiest move in the game and ppl dont know how to do this?? lmao

Sasori Red Sand
04-29-2012, 11:55 AM
Easiest move in the game and ppl dont know how to do this?? lmao

It's not in the manual and it's a somewhat unique move set for a fighting game albeit simplistic once you learn it, also some people are totally new.

Kibanaru lover
05-03-2012, 11:07 AM
tilts are very usefull and important. they should help your gameplay alot. like i use pts temari tilt to waste people subs since when they sub it they land back into it and i use pts ino tilt to beat faster characters and get to a safe distance.

sasori2701
05-03-2012, 11:38 AM
Temari's tilt pisses me off when going against it lol