PDA

View Full Version : Attention BGers!

TheBlackChidori
04-01-2012, 12:13 PM
We tried turning this project around. It went from a troll infested wasteland to a troll infested field of flowers, but it still has trolls.

After making a Council, I thought we could manage to put some order in here and make the head honchos at Viz decide that this section wasn't a blemish on their website.

Unfortunately, we couldn't convince them. Effective Monday, the Battlegrounds will be closing permanently. All topics will be archived and placed in a public section for viewing, but there will be no more posting.

I'm sorry, we tried putting as much work into this as we could, but when it comes from upstairs there's nothing we can do.

The reason for this is several emails and letters to Viz, from parents or even members who were attacked in the battlegrounds. When we turn members away from Naruto, and to other debate websites, Viz is losing business. The purpose of this forum is obviously to promote Naruto and increase revenue, and by turning new members away every day, the Battlegrounds is doing the opposite of that.

So let this be the last day we debate, friends, and remember the good times we had.

Wooster
04-01-2012, 12:17 PM
Good times?

Bacon
04-01-2012, 12:18 PM
The purpose of this forum is obviously to promote Naruto and increase revenue

April fools, I'm calling it

TheBlackChidori
04-01-2012, 12:18 PM
This place didn't always suck.

@Bacon: Figured someone would say that. However I planned to announce it today simply because of that fact. Hopefully it reduces some of the butthurt that's going to flow through this topic soon.

You'll see tomorrow.

Bacon
04-01-2012, 12:26 PM
The post seems half hearted because emails from members and parents doesn't seem out of the question,but the revenue part seems like a dead give-away. I'll be here waiting to see what happens.

Nābris
04-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Good times?
Not really. :lol:

Cult of Personality
04-01-2012, 12:35 PM
The trolls are merely the symptom. The real problem is the staff.

Many of them are inactive, and when they do decide to become active, they blindly lash out instead of calmly taking control of a situation.

Troll is just a blanket term to refer to anyone they happen to dislike, as opposed to someone who has actually does go about trolling. I can think of at least two people who would qualify, one of which is a mod herself.

Rasen_Chidori
04-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Time to bring out the Brewskis

Kreegah!!!
04-01-2012, 12:46 PM
YES! Now Kreegah's Workshop Corner can finally replace that shitty quagmire. You guys will absolutely love the Genmington 670 XD-90b Ascot/Tie Segregator. I had to use a 3D printer for duplicate models to cut expenses, but even the inferior copies do wonders. If this (pffft, if? More like when) takes off, I have four other items on tap, and a plan for six more stright out the gate, so we'll never be lacking! :D Look for Contributor status PMs soon in your Inbox--we want outside input as well!

No, kidding, I'm in the sad boat with everyone else. What do we have to fill the hole in our hearts now??

NBT
04-01-2012, 01:08 PM
So basically,we're being closed down because a lot people were butthurt?Assuming this really is true,then whtever.

Uchiha Sora
04-01-2012, 01:32 PM
i call bs.

Rasen_Chidori
04-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Such a sad day :(

Devils Lawyer
04-01-2012, 01:57 PM
I just died a little.......Oh well who else thinks the celtics will take it this year.

SRhyse
04-01-2012, 03:07 PM
I realize the timing's a bit off, but that's just how it worked out, since we figured we'd give it a month to turn around. This isn't really a joke guys. My jokes tend to be funny :lol:.

Truly sorry, but ya, the butthurt got too great and took over the rest of the BG body. Now it's all anus, and that's unfortunately against the rules :(. Naruto.com isn't about anus's. Naruto.com is about ninjas punching other ninjas that fail to make it with one another despite their scantily clad outfits and athletic builds :lol:.

Effective tomorrow, it's being replaced with a picture of an anus for those that remember the URL. One that's red and radiating butthurt lines for all to see.

Shikamaru Nara
04-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Man that's bull.

You couldn't have clued any other BG council members in?
Making badges, IWD making new rules and creating plans for a tournament?

And IWD especially, you don't think he was entitled to such knowledge, putting as much work as he has in this section?

We love this section.

megabbaut
04-01-2012, 03:42 PM
Well it looks like my dream of being the one to change the BG into a Paradise is nothing but a memory now. :(

shinigan no sora
04-01-2012, 04:01 PM
IWD IS GONNA BE PISSED THE_;);););) OFF ABOUT THIS EVEN IF IT IS A JOKE

And frankly if this is for real I'm pissed cuz I just got here and was kicking ass and just got started dammit!!!!!

Also if this does prove to not be a hoax I invite anyone who is serious about versus boards to help me build SKYBATTLE FORUMS (http://skybattleforum.forumotion.com/c2-the-colesseum) my own creation where we can have a promised land away from mod abuse, whining trolls, and corporate ineptitude . Where we are our own and can keep our own. If trolls come you can fear not and beat them into the ground as you please.

This is my land and you need not fear me if you come I will be with you from the start and have competent staff

SRhyse
04-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Well it looks like my dream of being the one to change the BG into a Paradise is nothing but a memory now. :(
You can still do just that, you'll just be working with a picture of an anus now instead of flames and arguments :lol:.

I was thinking I'd use jpg, but now I'm leaning towards an animated gif for it. Any thoughts or ideas on that? I don't want poo spewing out or anything. I'm looking for something with a bit of class, ya know?

Frost ninja
04-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Even with how sad it is, I cant help but laugh at SRhyse.

However, I'm glad I came back, even if it was only for a little while i'm happy to have debated alongside you all just once more.

Devils Lawyer
04-01-2012, 05:04 PM
dbGItye7_Ug.....But no seriously how about those celtics

SRhyse
04-01-2012, 05:11 PM
You can still do just that, you'll just be working with a picture of an anus now instead of flames and arguments :lol:.

I was thinking I'd use jpg, but now I'm leaning towards an animated gif for it. Any thoughts or ideas on that? I don't want poo spewing out or anything. I'm looking for something with a bit of class, ya know?

Kreegah!!!
04-01-2012, 05:25 PM

.tif

And this blows. :(

TRcommander
04-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Truly sorry, but ya, the butthurt got too great and took over the rest of the BG body. Now it's all anus, and that's unfortunately against the rules :(. Naruto.com isn't about anus's. Naruto.com is about ninjas punching other ninjas that fail to make it with one another despite their scantily clad outfits and athletic builds :lol:.

I can name at least two naruto fights that involved butts :p

Anyways, I call april fools. And it better be because I'm still planning on getting active here in the next few months.

sagemaster777
04-01-2012, 05:32 PM
The april fools is the fact you all think it's a april fools, thus tricking you into believing it was a trick while it wasn't. :lol:

Cult of Personality
04-01-2012, 05:35 PM
It's nothing unexpected. When in doubt blame someone else so that it doesn't look like your fault.

Devils Lawyer
04-01-2012, 05:57 PM
This joke has gone on long enough:mad:...... I mean when is someone going to have a conversation with me about the celtics.:|

TheBlackChidori
04-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Yeah. April Fools.

Cult of Personality
04-01-2012, 10:00 PM
Your righteous outrage is inspiring IWD. http://kaizokuden.net/images/smilies/onions/19.gif

The Immortal Watch Dog
04-01-2012, 10:06 PM
Your righteous outrage is inspiring IWD. http://kaizokuden.net/images/smilies/onions/19.gif

assuming this isn't some cruel..april fools joke this is absolutely worth fighting over.

the highest ups on this site are a pack of blind fools our posters don't deserve this

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
04-01-2012, 10:55 PM
I'm not really into the BG but i gotta say that it is sad to see a popular section go...
I remembered when I first tried posting stuff in this section but i got neg repped a lot...so i guess this section wasn't for me..

but....this is sad..

hey it's that awesome smilie i like~

HokageSoulReaper
04-01-2012, 11:59 PM
Crap, this f' n sucks

HokageSoulReaper
04-02-2012, 12:04 AM
Money had to be behind it........come on, it's not like they got physically assaulted or the like, the place is called Battlegrounds for a reason, and sometimes debates get quite heated.....then again, some people don't have the slightest idea on debating

HokageSoulReaper
04-02-2012, 12:28 AM
Gotta agree on that one

The Immortal Watch Dog
04-02-2012, 01:39 AM
I'll prolly be demodded stripped of my FAIL powers and maybe even banned for what I just said but that being said..it was an honor to serve under you TBC...Wooster and Ashen but no offense

it was an even bigger honor fighting along side the regulars

Frost ninja
04-02-2012, 02:12 AM
IWD you remind me a lot of myself, I made a similar post back in the day when the BG was shut down and whatnot. I'll go ahead and repost it here for nostaglia sake.

So, as you may or may not have seen, TBC decided to mass-lock the forums. Looking through the topics, it looks like he has had enough of members pointing out his faults or something to that effect...

However, the fact that he did so without addressing the council bothers me a bit. With a total disregard for everyone in here he closed the entire section...

I'm not one for mockery, so I'll just put my opinion into light, the lack of maturity in this movement resembles that of a child who breaks his own toys so no other child may play with them. I've been a part of the forum for a while... I consider myself among its more civil members... but if this is how TBC is going to act, then so be it.

The BG was literally my only reason to come by or talk to any of you. It wasn't for the debates, to be frank I hate debating because it brings out the worst in people... but for the people, I'd come back. See their thoughts, try and figure their way of thinking, and work towards a compromise in some way or another.

Thanks to TBC's tantrum, now these members are silenced, unfairly, because he couldn't keep his cool. Most people would simply log off, go do something in the real world to remind them that this is just a site and none of it is real... Instead he shuts it down, hurting the good members like myself and Kuromaki who had yet to do anything wrong.

So as of now, I'm sorry for this opinion, I care not if TBC leaves or doesn't. I used to think highly of him, perhaps more highly than any other member, but after seeing this rash action I don't feel he is fit for my praise... He doesn't care, of course, but to all of the members of the BG I apologize sincerely. You guys deserved better than this.

~ I'll do what I can to help this place back on its feet
Frost Ninja

It wasn't as long but I went skin and tooth against pretty much all the site admins who swung by defending my post until the very end when I simply left, hoping the best would come about in the place. Now coming back, I see my passion hasn't died but has lived on in another so that alone is good enough reason to be sad to see it go.

To be fair, I was in the wrong but I never stopped, not even for a second, because in my mind I was fighting for my fellow users instead of myself. I won't say your wrong for thinking what you do, however if the higher ups like SRhy and them step in then its something that we should question but not per se revolt against. I personally wasn't stripped of my powers (though I don't have mod, I stressed that the badge was all I really wanted, and that I wasn't really fit to be a moderator in the first place because of how much I worked.), though each of the B. members took a chance to express their look onto it. My only problem with any of it was that we didn't have very much or any forewarning, much like now.

shinigan no sora
04-02-2012, 04:33 AM
Yeah. April Fools.

TBC, with all do respect (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIMrFpnfvyI&feature=youtube_gdata_player)

Wooster
04-02-2012, 08:17 AM
Yeah. April Fools.

I thought I better point this out for people that are far sighted.

megabbaut
04-02-2012, 08:23 AM
What about me, IWD? You haven't forgotten me, have you? Or do you think I am now part of the vicious gang of fanboys? :(

The Immortal Watch Dog
04-02-2012, 09:47 AM
IWD you remind me a lot of myself,

no..

because during the lock down I was the one who got section sealed for standing up for this place- I went down fighting..for the section and its members

What about me, IWD? You haven't forgotten me, have you? Or do you think I am now part of the vicious gang of fanboys? :(

duide you could sell out to the fanboy brigade and you'd still be considered one of us...your always gonna be that off beat crazy cousin

shinigan no sora
04-02-2012, 09:53 AM
I still think its funny that right before you posted your rant that YBC anouced it as a hoax and even after you took it seriously LOL!!!!!! :D

The Immortal Watch Dog
04-02-2012, 09:59 AM
I still think its funny that right before you posted your rant that YBC anouced it as a hoax and even after you took it seriously LOL!!!!!! :D

because considering all the love the man espouses for this place the concept of such a joke seemed unthinkable

shinigan no sora
04-02-2012, 10:15 AM
its still funny in hindsight. Tho do agree that it was total dick move

And I quoted the famous "GO TO HELL!!!!! YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!!!!!!!" Line from south park after he revealed it as a prank cuz as you could tell from my reaction to this thread over to our boys in the wolf pack that I was legitimately concerned

TheBlackChidori
04-02-2012, 10:17 AM
Hahahahahahaha Oh god IWD, your posts are being framed somewhere so I can read them whenever I want.

I honestly didn't think I'd fool anyone with this, but wow. Kudos TBC, Kudos.

The BG isn't going anyway, unwad your panties.

I feel the reason this joke went so well is because it wouldn't be the first time we've closed the BG... :lol:

shinigan no sora
04-02-2012, 10:30 AM
True

Oh and TBC incase you didn't see it before: "YOU GO TO HELL!!!!! YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!!!!!!"

-mr. Garrison(south park)

But seriously dude. Dick move man dick move

the endless
04-02-2012, 10:51 AM
I got some lulz from this thread

Though I must admit I understand why IWD didn't find this joke funny

Wooster
04-02-2012, 10:53 AM
True

Oh and TBC incase you didn't see it before: "YOU GO TO HELL!!!!! YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!!!!!!"

-mr. Garrison(south park)

But seriously dude. Dick move man dick move
TBC is all about the dick :ugeek:

shinigan no sora
04-02-2012, 11:02 AM
TBC is all about the dick :ugeek:

ya know wooster you seem to know a little to much about TBC and his use of dickery so do you have something to tell the class and do your parents know?

TheBlackChidori
04-02-2012, 11:03 AM
He seems fascinated by my dick. It's unsettling guys. QQ

shinigan no sora
04-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Well hopefully you guys never get massively drunk at a party and wind up waking up nest to each other naked in a love hotel with "toys" and other "objects" scattered about. :geek:

megabbaut
04-02-2012, 11:25 AM
The word "dick" has more than one meaning. This includes slang.

(Credits to Cult of Personality)

shinigan no sora
04-02-2012, 11:33 AM
that'swhy its so much fun to use when messing with someone

Cult of Personality
04-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Dick is short for Richard.

TheBlackChidori
04-02-2012, 01:08 PM
Of course, I meant my friend Richard. Wooster's been asking me questions about him for weeks.

Shikamaru Nara
04-02-2012, 01:28 PM
not funny. ;~;

shinigan no sora
04-02-2012, 03:38 PM
not funny. ;~;

Says the turtle ;) ;) ;) ;) er.............. :lol:

NBT
04-02-2012, 03:40 PM
Interesting.

Shikamaru Nara
04-02-2012, 03:41 PM
Says the turtle ;) ;) ;) ;) er.............. :lol:

Silence you n00b!

Your opinion doesn't exist!! b:shock:

shinigan no sora
04-02-2012, 03:56 PM
Silence you n00b!

Your opinion doesn't exist!! b:shock:

At least I don't. Try to make it with wildlife :lol:

And its spelled newb which one I am not

Shikamaru Nara
04-02-2012, 03:57 PM
Here you are, Mr. Sora. :mad:

shinigan no sora
04-02-2012, 04:49 PM
Here what? And shika you're the only around here that would turn salmonella into an STD

Are you and franklin going to elope or have a proper commitment ceromony? :lol:

Shikamaru Nara
04-02-2012, 04:51 PM
gotta spread to rep. D:

shinigan no sora
04-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Oh calm down I'm just having a little fun. Be a man ya TF'er

I'm more or less done with that jolke for awhile

HokageSoulReaper
04-02-2012, 08:53 PM
No offense to TBC, but the fact he made the thread and not an official Viz Admin kinda gave away it was a prank

I still, out of my free will, played along for the lulz

Cult of Personality
04-02-2012, 09:37 PM
TBC is in charge of the BG. He's shut it down before.

HokageSoulReaper
04-02-2012, 10:04 PM
I know that, but I mean, wouldn't an Viz admin be the one to announce if a part of this forum will close permanently?

megabbaut
04-03-2012, 04:19 AM
Well SHRYSE also announced it along with TBC.

waterluffyG2
04-03-2012, 04:36 AM
That is one cruel april fool's joke.

Noctis Arashi
04-03-2012, 05:10 AM
I guess. I really didn't expect anyone to fall for it. But I guess people did. :lol:

Wooster
04-03-2012, 06:07 AM
I know that, but I mean, wouldn't an Viz admin be the one to announce if a part of this forum will close permanently?
^ This is what's know as fibbing, my friends. :3

321zigzag3
04-03-2012, 07:10 AM
http://www.howtolearn.com/HTL/media/Woman-Coffee-Drinkers-SMARTER-4.jpg

Shikamaru Nara
04-03-2012, 03:54 PM
Well, this thread makes me feel stupid and people keep posting in it so I think I'm just going to ;);););) a turtle and die.

Gamaran
04-03-2012, 06:24 PM
I goes deep in that ;););););), Dan Marino.