PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm: Substitution Jutsu bar

SageKakashi
03-31-2012, 06:21 AM
Is it me or do you hate the new Substitution Jutsu bar? It ruins my gameplay terribly especially online, I get stuck in their combo and I can't even break free.

CRoach93
03-31-2012, 07:17 AM
I love the Substitution bar because it makes it so you have to fight while actually thinking. Now, you can't just spam substitutions until you get an opening to use your Ultimate. You have to use them sparingly. You have to choose which attacks would be best to substitute. Attacks like kunai or shuriken are stupid to substitute while attacks like Ultimate Jutsu, or even the last attack in a combo, are better to substitute. These are the kinds of things that it makes you pay more attention to.

It also requires you to go more on the offensive. If you stay on the defensive, the other person will be able to make you use up your substitutions more easily. These reasons are why I like the Substitution bar.

Akatsuki Gord
03-31-2012, 07:57 AM
I agree with the above post completely, I really like the new substitution bar

Uchiha Sora
03-31-2012, 08:54 AM
You have to know when to run away, that's all. If you have one sub and they have 2 or more then avoid close combat

The sub bar makes the game so much better imo

CRoach93
03-31-2012, 08:59 AM
You have to know when to run away, that's all. If you have one sub and they have 2 or more then avoid close combat

The sub bar makes the game so much better imo

Avoid close combat unless you've got the cancelling system down really well. As soon as he substitutes, you cancel and dash to the enemy. If he isn't stupid, he'll block and make the cancel pointless. A lot of the people who play this game are either stupid or don't know how to play, though, so the cancel would usually work. xD

megabbaut
03-31-2012, 10:23 AM
Have you ever played Clash of ninja? It's similar to that. Also without the sub bar then like Storm 2 there would be no such thing as combos

Schnarf
03-31-2012, 10:25 AM
Stop wasting your subs.

Housh
03-31-2012, 10:48 AM
I made this exact same post i took me 3 weeks to master the game now i got like 70,000 points and got 10 more wins than losses. You just gotta know when to attack. If your good at canceling attack alot and dont hang back. If you have no subs back up and use your jutsu or just run away. f they have no subs dash dash dash

SageKakashi
03-31-2012, 02:28 PM
I love the Substitution bar because it makes it so you have to fight while actually thinking. Now, you can't just spam substitutions until you get an opening to use your Ultimate. You have to use them sparingly. You have to choose which attacks would be best to substitute. Attacks like kunai or shuriken are stupid to substitute while attacks like Ultimate Jutsu, or even the last attack in a combo, are better to substitute. These are the kinds of things that it makes you pay more attention to.

It also requires you to go more on the offensive. If you stay on the defensive, the other person will be able to make you use up your substitutions more easily. These reasons are why I like the Substitution bar.

Yeah I suppose I can agree with this.

Thanks for the advice boys, has some what changed my attitude towards the second bar and given me something to work for.

HachibiXSenpai
03-31-2012, 11:06 PM
Soooooooooo......you want to go back to Storm 2's subbing formula? :P

Housh
04-01-2012, 12:41 AM
Soooooooooo......you want to go back to Storm 2's subbing formula? :P
of pounding the trigger all match no matter what until your finger breaks.....yeah it was sweet

SageKakashi
04-01-2012, 06:18 AM
Aha, it was surely easier but this way makes things more challenging.

Uchiha Sora
04-01-2012, 06:52 AM
^exactly it was easier. It was too noob-friendly. Even a great player could get trashed by a noob.
Advanced player used a combo
Noob: lawl ultimate jutsu

Housh
04-01-2012, 12:35 PM
Another tip is to not waste subs on projectile jutsu and X spammers or support thats used far away just run or right trigger. Iv been caught gettin lazy usin it on fireball jutsu and junk