PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler: Is it me, or did Kabuto's army kinda fail

SharinganSage
03-06-2012, 10:43 AM
He hasn't summoned any new, significant people yet so are we meant to believe that we've seen them all? Yeah, Madara completely slaughters everyone he sees, but he is really the only significant member of Kab's team.

Don't get me wrong, we got some good closure plot, but Kishi didn't even bother writing out all the encounters... And now everyones headed to help Naruto. It didn't seem like they had much trouble.

Ya think he still has some stronger people up his sleeve?

Xibitz360
03-06-2012, 12:13 PM
If not other people up his sleeve then it's "that jutsu" that he's trying to do if he manages to get Muu where he wants.

DShika
03-06-2012, 03:11 PM
I think Orochimaru is the final antagoist. He just keeps coming back

SharinganSage
03-06-2012, 03:28 PM
Probably

SilentBlade
03-06-2012, 08:16 PM
You would think his army failed, but one could argue that what happened all happened with a purpose. Consider this, Kabuto gains nothing if Tobi wins and the moons eye plan goes into effect. In fact he loses everything.

Also, if Kabuto knows what Tobi has planned, he would know that if they win, getting Sasuke or not is completely pointless because they will be under the eternal genjutsu...So! the failure of the Edo Tensi was probably part of the plan, not using them to their full potential as well as letting them keep some of their own selves knowing that they would tell their enemy how to beat them...So! yea it was a failure, but a planned one more than likely.

slyfoxx
03-06-2012, 09:14 PM
or it was an army of people that already died. most of them like the a team were recently killed so their weaknesses were known. And all the has-beens were just beat by a younger stronger generation. there were a few good fights but in the end arent the good guy suppose to win. i love how naruto clones where running around pwning kage level ninjas on site...... oh yell cheat code madara isnt fair u outdid yourself on that one kishi.

Jutsu Junkie
03-06-2012, 10:05 PM
Neither Tobi or Snakebutt have lost a thing. What? A few ETs and a slew of clones? Who cares? They've cut the enemy in half. It takes more resources for the Alliance to recover, in my view, since they rely on healing and long-term training. Tobi only needs dead ninja dna and Zetsu. Oh, and he regens body parts, controls another dimension, and possesses numerous tialed beasts, as well as the rinnegan. Not to mention Madara isn't out of the game yet. He's doing well. What he needs to do is pull out the nine and eight tails by midnight (if I remember correctly), and he'll win. Not that he'll actually win, but by the numbers he's actually in a good position.

Maruko
03-06-2012, 10:53 PM
I don't think that Kabuto wants Orochimaru back!
He was always Oro's bi*ch,nothing else,now that he has his DNA,he knows his secrets and he will try to bring back someone who would just use him.
Why was he suppressing Oro's chakra all the time? Cuz he doesn't want him around.
(PS-Oro is in Totsuka)

TatsumiTora
03-06-2012, 11:55 PM
What's the TRUE purpose of the Zetsu Army? Anyone? I'm curious about this. Anyway, I don't think Kabuto's Army failed, I just don't think it did. LOL :D

Cult of Personality
03-07-2012, 12:17 AM
So far the only confirmed deaths have been at the hands of Zetsu, not the immortal zombies of the most powerful ninjas to ever exist.

Kishimoto is what we in the biz call a talentless hack.

mrsticky005
03-07-2012, 02:06 AM
the purpose of the zetsu army was never to beat the alliance but to distract them
while Tobi captures the eight and nine tails.

Fuuin
03-07-2012, 02:20 AM
I don't think Kabuto needs any Edo Tensei to defend himself. Its certainly possible and logical, but I think Kabuto can fight rather well on his own. If Sasuke gets involved somehow, well...then maybe he'll summon some new ones. Its just that Kabuto probably has some slick tricks with this new body. But it could come down to a sort of race with time, paralleled with Madara starting to pick off the Kage while Itachi struggles to stop it through Kabuto. Who knows? Its Kishi, he does whatever he wants.

Phariah824
03-07-2012, 07:38 AM
the purpose of the zetsu army was never to beat the alliance but to distract them
agreed.

this war was a huge distraction meant to isolate the last 2 jinkuuri. in fact i would say the ET's being a smaller group inflicted more damage than the Zetsu clone army. far more effective. it isn't Kabuto's fault Tobi has failed to seal the deal.

TatsumiTora
03-07-2012, 07:41 AM

Ah~ And the Edo Tenseid shinobis? :)

MinatoXNaruto
03-07-2012, 07:45 AM
Tobi will just warp the entire Konoha 11

Cult of Personality
03-07-2012, 08:45 AM
Seems to me that being dead is a pretty big distraction.

mrsticky005
03-09-2012, 05:56 PM
agreed.

this war was a huge distraction meant to isolate the last 2 jinkuuri. in fact i would say the ET's being a smaller group inflicted more damage than the Zetsu clone army. far more effective. it isn't Kabuto's fault Tobi has failed to seal the deal.

I would say that's more KISHIMOTO'S fault ;)

But don't worry. Tobi WILL sooner or later capture at least KB.