PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler: This still bothers me..

SilentBlade
03-01-2012, 10:16 AM
When Nagato decided to defect and believe in Naruto, he stated that the rinne-rebirth was supposed to be used on him. While that may seam logical in some sense, that also means he knew at some point he was going to have to be brought back from death.

So what does that mean? While it makes sense that he is now cultivating the Rinnegan in Sasuke, in order to replace Nagato, there has to be some significance to him dying and being brought back to life, or some reasoning behind it. This is one of those questions, I think, if we can sort out a bit, maybe we can get a better idea of who Tobi really is.

and17y1
03-01-2012, 10:47 AM
I think the whole story about the Rinnegan and Nagato is that he should have used all his powers and strenght to revive Madara for real. But still it is not known why Tobi himself didnt use the Rinnegan to revive Madara.

SilentBlade
03-01-2012, 01:25 PM
but he cannot revive Madara, Nagato stated that he could only revive those who RECENTLY died, which leads me to believe that Tobi knew he would die at some point and would need to be brought back to life via the Rinne-rebirth.

BozothyClown
03-01-2012, 06:48 PM
It was supposed to be used for Madara I think...Yes Nagato said recently dead but when Madara was ET'd he said something like "that brat nagato finally grew up" Like he was waiting for nagato to mature to revive him. Then he was told by Muu that it was the Immpure World jutsu and he acted surprised

SilentBlade
03-01-2012, 07:57 PM
It is confusing, but then we know Madara and Tobi are two different people, so the question still remains..

Fuuin
03-01-2012, 10:15 PM
Tobi said "Nagato was supposed to use it for my sake," which could mean a lot of things. And Madara alluding to Nagato being the one who was supposed to bring him back; stuff's all weird. There's some missing information yet to be revealed about the Rinnegan. I think we'll learn this either when Madara is soon forced to rely on his Dojutsu in the Kage fight, or when Tobi has to start using his, or when Sasuke unlocks his. I'm not sure if Kabuto knows enough about the Rinnegan, though I assume he should, and so his encounter with Itachi could reveal alot. And when Nagato said "recently dead" it may have been a translation error.

That's something significant that we English speakers/readers have to take into account. The translations are always about 70-80% precise language.

So we've got to be careful when taking statements that character's make (especially when they are already ambiguous in Japanese dialogue) as exact.

And going off what SilentBlade said up above, I do think Tobi was referring to Nagato bringing him back. If Tobi had it all his way, he'd still be posing as Deidara's assistant. He's not fond of doing battle the way he has been, its only when there's a purpose at hand, whereas Madara seems content to just spam jutsu all day on enemies or rocks or whatever is around to get blown up and talked ;);););) about.