Devils Lawyer
02-11-2012, 01:09 PM
Discuss

colorles
02-11-2012, 01:12 PM
perhaps

TheBlackChidori
02-11-2012, 01:16 PM
But what if you were born with the STD? It can't be considered an STD then since you didn't have sex.

321zigzag3
02-11-2012, 01:19 PM
Midi Chlorians which are actual microrganisms with the Force a mystical soul/spiritual/etc thing.

Not everyone liked the connection.

But what if you were born with the STD? It can't be considered an STD then since you didn't have sex.

still hoping for WOT movie?

Did my links help? Or you already knew them

Devils Lawyer
02-11-2012, 01:21 PM

Your parents had it and in order to pass it on it the genes had to be transferred via white whales.

colorles
02-11-2012, 01:22 PM
seems genetic

although ones ability to use said genetics is another matter

colorles
02-11-2012, 01:24 PM
Your parents had it and in order to pass it on it the genes had to be transferred via white whales.

whales? waaat whales? :???:

TheBlackChidori
02-11-2012, 01:27 PM
@Zig, it's my greatest dream. Your links were good, especially the forum discussion. Gave my thanks through rep.

NagatoGod_of_Pain
02-11-2012, 01:27 PM
Nah, I was conceived by the midi-cholorians themselves.

Devils Lawyer
02-11-2012, 01:37 PM
whales? waaat whales? :???:
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-9MkfPFcS5noAREcm6Mz0f32RDqwr_FzheTuBu9OvsuBdHMTmFh KEwV72Sg

TheBlackChidori
02-11-2012, 01:44 PM
But seriously, if only all STD's gave superpowers like the Force. I'd be having sex with every hooker I meet.

Devils Lawyer
02-11-2012, 01:52 PM
Exactly but I am pretty sure the world would have to institue a serious population control.

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-11-2012, 02:28 PM
@Zig, it's my greatest dream. Your links were good, especially the forum discussion. Gave my thanks through rep.

his research yielded good stuff I see mine sucked

None of those cretins have the stones -- or the smarts -- to pull that off. I wouldn't worry about them.]

Sentry's done it before he's the only one any of us worry about specifically because of that

Not sure I agree. The place is really as bad as it can get, anyway.

they just tried to use my convo with EJ as an excuse to kill the section or put stricter rules on it or something..so I'd say yeah..they tend to visit back on us

Oh, I know. Onitasku as well, or whatever his name is, and the rest of the staff by association.

in the US there are certain states that have something called "good Samaritan Laws" I believe there called..under those laws failure to report stuff like this..failure to do even the bare minimum.. guarantee's that you'll be charged as an accomplice

allot of people consider that law Draconian I don't as far as I'm concerned the mere fact that you allow these people to exist on your site that you have promoted them specifically to make a moral show of this..as far as I'm concerned your guilty as sin of aiding and abetting

Don't you remember his riveting tale about the OBD being worse than rapists?

...what?!

Oh, I don't know about that. You can't strip away a wall's power and come up with quite a few nice ways to make it suffer, can you now?

that is true

I was referring to the likes of Sentry and the other idiots from MVC.

Sorry for the confusion, unless I'm missing something here.

colorless has this image in his or her head that MVC'ers are the greatest bastion of wisdom and knowledge..that they are glorious paragons of progression

and will rabidly defend them that thing...apparently does not share our view that are sub human animals that deserve to put down

Anyone here read the Plagueis novel yet? I'm a few chapters in and enjoying it so far, though I'm kinda new to the EU.

it's alright my favorite will always be the comics written in the 90's the tales of the jedi and golden age of the sith sagas./..Lord Banes story and the army of Light led by lord Hoth

Tenebrous died like Obito though which was a little disappointing including a blood vomiting confession of pride in his student..while rocks crushed him..

mind you it's vastly more quality but still I was kinda disappointed

TheBlackChidori
02-11-2012, 02:31 PM
Yours didn't suck, they were just old.

321zigzag3
02-11-2012, 02:51 PM

You really do desire one.

So you don't care if Hollywood messes it up? If they do that is.

Nah, I was conceived by the midi-cholorians themselves.

Vj7G35H-Q-g

It had to be done. http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/NF%20smilies/lmao.gifhttp://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/NF%20smilies/lmao.gifhttp://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/NF%20smilies/lmao.gif

colorles
02-11-2012, 03:08 PM
you know watchdog the funny thing is about OBDers regarding MVC as 'intellectually inferior sub humans', is that MVC as a community generally feels the same towards OBD; as a community speaking or insulting OBD is generally frowned upon at MVC, as you are seen as 'bellow us', hence why MVC as a community really hasnt even bothered to mess with OBD, as your seen as 'not worth our time' and what i say is sincere in dis regards. however if OBD does give us a reason to mess with it, well if any site gives us a reason to mess with them, much of MVC tends to get pretty 'trigger happy' in dis regards

however for the most part MVC iz chil, and along with some of our 'close ties'/associate sites we generally just do our own thing

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-11-2012, 03:25 PM
only that's patently false and we both know it

now let's not try and make such threatening implications on this site again..are we clear?

colorles
02-11-2012, 03:31 PM
very well

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-11-2012, 03:44 PM
very well

thank you last thing I want is for this place to be used as a proxy warzone

Devils Lawyer
02-11-2012, 03:58 PM
You should it would make my day. Though I would like to point out a good deal posters on both sites belong belong to both.

TheBlackChidori
02-11-2012, 04:24 PM
You really do desire one.

So you don't care if Hollywood messes it up? If they do that is.

Same outlook I had on the Harry Potter. It's a new way to enjoy a series I love. Even if it pales in comparison to the book, it's almost like seeing it for the first time again. And WoT is a series that's been HIGHLY underrated for 20 years now, when imo it's better then LotR. And that's coming from a guy who loves LotR.

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-11-2012, 04:27 PM
Howards work are vastly underrated

having never read wheel of time I'm not flinching at the movie prospect but I'll prolly start reading the books eventually

TheBlackChidori
02-11-2012, 05:02 PM
Please check into reading them. I promise its worth it.

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Please check into reading them. I promise its worth it.

how vast is the series? Essentially what am I tackling here

321zigzag3
02-11-2012, 06:15 PM
15 books in the Wheel of Time Series.

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-11-2012, 06:37 PM
15 books in the Wheel of Time Series.

I have to tackle the monster that is Dune first..than the saxon saga

soo sometime around October I'll be able to hit WOT

Blind Uchiha
02-11-2012, 06:44 PM
Since we are talking about literature, I recently acquired several Anne McCaffrey science fiction novels, but I haven't had a chance to read them. Is she a good writer?

Super Sanin 3
02-11-2012, 07:01 PM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Is+Anne+McCaffrey+a+good+writer%3F+

Nah jk :cool: but I'm not really the best one to ask for an opinion so i'll remain silent >.>

Blind Uchiha
02-11-2012, 07:03 PM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Is+Anne+McCaffrey+a+good+writer%3F+

Nah jk :cool: but I'm not really the best one to ask for an opinion so i'll remain silent >.>

I wanted the BG's opinion. Google can not provide that.

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-11-2012, 07:38 PM
Since we are talking about literature, I recently acquired several Anne McCaffrey science fiction novels, but I haven't had a chance to read them. Is she a good writer?

no clue but when it comes to sci fi novels I recommend Starship troopers as a platform

Enders game is being made into a movie with that little girl from True Grit

Cult of Personality
02-11-2012, 07:50 PM
It'll suck.

Blind Uchiha
02-11-2012, 07:53 PM
no clue but when it comes to sci fi novels I recommend Starship troopers as a platform

Enders game is being made into a movie with that little girl from True Grit

I'll have to look into both of those. Still have to read Halo: Primordium.

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-11-2012, 07:54 PM
It'll suck.

preteen Oscar nominee who can actually act backed up by a decent cast of kid actors

directed by the dude who did Wolverine Origins man

Shikamaru Nara
02-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Hey does anyone read the Captain Underpants series? Im serious I'm love them lol

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-11-2012, 08:16 PM

I've heard interesting things about the Halo novels

Heinlein is kind of a living right wing strawman and it bleeds into starship troopers but it is basically the definitive military sci fi novel

without it.. mass effect, halo, hell even Gundam and Aliens likely wouldn't have existed

in fact James Cameron made every actor playing a space Marine read the book before filming cover to cover twice as home work for the role

Cult of Personality
02-11-2012, 08:29 PM
preteen Oscar nominee who can actually act backed up by a decent cast of kid actors

directed by the dude who did Wolverine Origins man

Firstuval, Wolverine Origins sucked.

Secondly, an establishing scene has the main character, a ten year old boy, beat another boy to death. Later on, said ten year old gets ambushed by a number of his peers in the showers, while they are all naked, and they try to kill him, but he beats the ring leader to death. The entire book is about child soldiers.

Not that I'm complaining about the removal of the naked ten year olds, but there's no way it will make it through the massive editing they're inevitably going to do to make the story even remotely good.

So here's my prediction for the final outcome.

Andrew "Ender" Wiggin, so called because he always ENDs his pokemon card games in victory, is a Dennis the Menace style bad boy who gets sent to reform school. There he meets a generic female and a wacky sidekick.

Hijinks ensue and the mean old principal gets all sorts of pranks pulled on him and is eventually carted off to the looney bin at which point Ender goes back to his loving parents (he's an only child. Peter and Valentine don't exist.) who apologize for sending him to that terrible school and everyone lives happily ever after.

321zigzag3
02-11-2012, 08:33 PM

I only read her most famous series, Dragonriders of Pern.

She is a famous sci fi writer though blending with fantasy elements in many ways.

She paved alot of things.

Hey does anyone read the Captain Underpants series? Im serious I'm love them lol

What about them? I haven't read since I was very young.

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-11-2012, 09:38 PM
Firstuval, Wolverine Origins sucked.

this is a fact to accurate it cannot be refuted..it bombed hard and was atrocious

Secondly, an establishing scene has the main character, a ten year old boy, beat another boy to death. Later on, said ten year old gets ambushed by a number of his peers in the showers, while they are all naked, and they try to kill him, but he beats the ring leader to death. The entire book is about child soldiers.

they are now all played by 12-15 year olds

]Not that I'm complaining about the removal of the naked ten year olds, but there's no way it will make it through the massive editing they're inevitably going to do to make the story even remotely good.

sounds about right

So here's my prediction for the final outcome.

Andrew "Ender" Wiggin, so called because he always ENDs his pokemon card games in victory, is a Dennis the Menace style bad boy who gets sent to reform school. There he meets a generic female and a wacky sidekick.

Hijinks ensue and the mean old principal gets all sorts of pranks pulled on him and is eventually carted off to the looney bin at which point Ender goes back to his loving parents (he's an only child. Peter and Valentine don't exist.) who apologize for sending him to that terrible school and everyone lives happily ever after.

actually Valentine has been cast not that it matters other than that seems like exactly how it'll go down

Cult of Personality
02-11-2012, 10:35 PM
Valentine is the generic female. Demoted from sister to shallow love interest.

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-11-2012, 11:00 PM
The other possibility is they go through with it..as best they can and try and make a sci fi epic..

it might actually be worse

Wooster
02-12-2012, 06:25 AM
Howards work are vastly underrated

having never read wheel of time I'm not flinching at the movie prospect but I'll prolly start reading the books eventuallyI don't know if I would suggest reading the Wheel of Time. The writing gets worse and worse book after book; the plot slows down to a crawl as Jordan concentrates on telling the minuatie of his hundreds of characters you don't even care about.
The good thing is, the replacement they found for Jordan to write the last two books and eventually the final third is a much better writer. :lol:
I have to tackle the monster that is Dune first..than the saxon saga

soo sometime around October I'll be able to hit WOT
Dune is an even worse idea. Besides Dune itself. Those books just get batshit crazy. I stop after the third book.

Shikamaru Nara
02-12-2012, 07:16 AM
I only read her most famous series, Dragonriders of Pern.

She is a famous sci fi writer though blending with fantasy elements in many ways.

She paved alot of things.

What about them? I haven't read since I was very young.

The sheer stupidity is amusing to me. He came out with Super Diaper Baby and I must say that is just as good. And the Adventures of Ook and Gluk.

TheBlackChidori
02-12-2012, 10:31 AM
how vast is the series? Essentially what am I tackling here

One of the longest. Around 15,000 pages I'd say. And well over 1,000 characters. Still, worth it if you're looking for a new fantasy world and you seem to be big on Tolkien-like books... He took what Tolkien started and just immensely expanded it, and made it his own. When you first start reading it, you'll be like... "This seems like LotR." But as it goes on, and you get to see the politics involves, the character development, and the narration style told through the perspective of all the main characters, you'll love it.

Expect around 6 months to a year of reading though.

TheBlackChidori
02-12-2012, 10:33 AM
I don't know if I would suggest reading the Wheel of Time. The writing gets worse and worse book after book; the plot slows down to a crawl as Jordan concentrates on telling the minuatie of his hundreds of characters you don't even care about. Completeeeeeeeeeeeeeeely disagree.

The characters definitely stop progressing as fast around the middle of the series, but it's more to instill a sense of purpose, getting to know them and what they have to learn and accomplish. You really become attached to the characters and what they have to go through, and realize "Damn... this is their daily life, it's not just a single quest. That sucks for them, but it sure is fun to read."

There's also a lot of mystery involved and trying to put together the pieces. I like the middle books for that reason. You don't know who to trust at all, even among the main cast.

Wooster likes Eragon, so don't listen to him :p

Kreegah!!!
02-12-2012, 11:58 AM

Did you read Glasslands first? I know it seems weird, as it's part of the post-Covenant/Human war fallout, but they all tie together. Cryptum wasn't horrible, but it seemed a tad formulaic. Primordium is much better. Although I likely feel that way because I can gloat to my brother on how right I was about the Precursor/Flood connection. As well as Bungie.net and Waypoint forums. :twisted:

Completeeeeeeeeeeeeeeely disagree.

The characters definitely stop progressing as fast around the middle of the series, but it's more to instill a sense of purpose, getting to know them and what they have to learn and accomplish. You really become attached to the characters and what they have to go through, and realize "Damn... this is their daily life, it's not just a single quest. That sucks for them, but it sure is fun to read."

There's also a lot of mystery involved and trying to put together the pieces. I like the middle books for that reason. You don't know who to trust at all, even among the main cast.

I'll give WoT a go here after I finish Donaldson's Thomas Covenant series. I'm also technically behind in Erikson's and Esslemont's MBotF, as well as Cook's Black Company now that a new short has been released. P:

Inheritance was superior to the middle books in every way. Kid has potential, but I don't know that I could spare him another chance.

Wooster
02-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Completeeeeeeeeeeeeeeely disagree.

It is not they stop progressing; it's that they regressive. Essentially all the female characters become one person. Nothing happens but talking abuot what they should do. But you have only rad half way. You don't know, YOU. DON'T. KNOW. `:shock:

Asmodean is the best character. Peroid.

Ergaon blows. ALthough, Paolini may be a better writer than Jordan.
Jordan, of course, tells a better story though.

Nah, if you want good fantasy try George R.R. Martins' Song Ice and Fire, or Scott Bakker's Prince of Nothing series. Or really if you are going to read one series, Patrick Rothfuss' Kingkiller Chronicles. Not that is a fine piece of writing. b:)

Devils Lawyer
02-12-2012, 12:16 PM
Dune's original story is always the best one. After that it does give off the w-t-f feeling. But it was still pretty interesting.

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-12-2012, 12:40 PM
Dune is an even worse idea. Besides Dune itself. Those books just get batshit crazy. I stop after the third book.

because Frank Herbet went crazy before he died..and Brian and JA can't write to save their lives

but the original Dune is good stuff read no farther though least you trip balls and appear to be a drug addict

The sheer stupidity is amusing to me. He came out with Super Diaper Baby and I must say that is just as good. And the Adventures of Ook and Gluk.

what? lol

One of the longest. Around 15,000 pages I'd say. And well over 1,000 characters. Still, worth it if you're looking for a new fantasy world and you seem to be big on Tolkien-like books... He took what Tolkien started and just immensely expanded it, and made it his own. When you first start reading it, you'll be like... "This seems like LotR." But as it goes on, and you get to see the politics involves, the character development, and the narration style told through the perspective of all the main characters, you'll love it.

Expect around 6 months to a year of reading though.

sounds like a beast still; have Malazan and Martins universe to tackle

Inheritance was superior to the middle books in every way. Kid has potential, but I don't know that I could spare him another chance.

the kid? the guys 28 years old now..and he still writes like a 15 year old.

His books would be impressive if he was still in highschool but for a grown ass man..it stops being "not bad for a kid" and starts being 'damn son get your lit courses in..and give your talent a boost"

plus the argument between Arya and the Dwarf was just stupid..it was a typical kid pitching a tempertantrum because he got his ass whooped in a debate about deep stuff by an older person with a better head on his shoulders

and him projecting it.

mind you I agree for the age he wrote the first book in it was good I'll give props where it's due..but as he got older he was expected to get better..and he didn't and it turned me off

Dune's original story is always going to beast. After that it does give off the w-t-f feeling. But it was still pretty interesting.

I think Hebert had alzheimers or some other form of dimentia when he wrote chapter house and god emperor or Children or whatever the final book was.

but the first one was good..mind you if your just getting into sci fi it's a monster to tackle and your better off reading Starship troopers or something by Philip K Dick

Wooster
02-12-2012, 12:42 PM
Dune's original story is always going to beast. After that it does give off the w-t-f feeling. But it was still pretty interesting.

because Frank Herbet went crazy before he died..and Brian and JA can't write to save their lives

but the original Dune is good stuff read no farther though least you trip balls and appear to be a drug addict

I agree. Dune is very good. But I would strongly suggest stopping there. :lol:

His books would be impressive if he was still in highschool but for a grown ass man..it stops being "not bad for a kid" and starts being 'damn son get your lit courses in..and give your talent a boost"

plus the argument between Arya and the Dwarf was just stupid..it was a typical kid pitching a tempertantrum because he got his ass whooped in a debate about deep stuff by an older person with a better head on his shoulders

and him projecting it.

mind you I agree for the age he wrote the first book in it was good I'll give props where it's due..but as he got older he was expected to get better..and he didn't and it turned me off

I think Hebert had alzheimers or some other form of dimentia when he wrote chapter house and god emperor or Children or whatever the final book was.

but the first one was good..mind you if your just getting into sci fi it's a monster to tackle and your better off reading Starship troopers or something by Philip K DickKreegah is allowed to called everyone "The Kid"

Naah, the last one is decent. Certianly better put together than Jordan's final books. :???:

Ehh, maybe he intentionally had Arya lose. Arya's personality is really screwed up.

I don't think I even want to know what Herbert did at the end. The God Worm Boy was all she wrote for me.

Devils Lawyer
02-12-2012, 12:52 PM

but the first one was good..mind you if your just getting into sci fi it's a monster to tackle and your better off reading Starship troopers or something by Philip K Dick

Starship troopers was a decent read. The story was way better than the movie in my opinion. I was curious since they pushed multiple series and movies about the book.

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-12-2012, 12:54 PM
Ehh, maybe he intentionally had Arya lose. Arya's personality is really screwed up.

I don't think I even want to know what Herbert did at the end. The God Worm Boy was all she wrote for me.

the founder of the Atreides line was a genetically engineered super jesus son of one of the machine gods...and the first Harkonan was a gentle and loving man who refused to vaporize a planet full of billions of people because boss Atreides wanted to nuke his machine god daddy..

so he framed him and exiled him..and plowed Serena Butler and Faykan Corinos kid and The Harkonans went crazy while robo jesus babies became good guys for absolutely no explained reason

also..clones, clones every body has clones!!

also..something about lesbian warriors..flying armadas of millions of prostitutes and water worms...synthetic a spice crack thing and apparently two really ancient Mentants who turned out to be the original AI's coming back for revenge

also..we got to see how the Tilaxu made the things they make and it was body horror on an unprecedented scale that I swear to you surpasses anything ever witnessed in any Horror film from the 70's-80's

DO NOT..READ..DO NOT READ

Starship troopers was a decent read. The story was way better than the movie in my opinion. I was curious since they pushed multiple series and movies about the book.

the anime is the closest to the book

but since troopers is getting a reboot we may see a faithful adaptation yet

Devils Lawyer
02-12-2012, 12:58 PM
I agree. Dune is very good. But I would strongly suggest stopping there. :lol:

Too late the worm saga got me.

Kreegah!!!
02-12-2012, 01:24 PM
sounds like a beast still; have Malazan and Martins universe to tackle

and him projecting it.

Good stuff, those. But 'ware the potsherds of Deadhouse Gates. :lol: And first editions of any of Esslemont's entries. I hope they sacked his editor or took him off the Quaaludes. Seriously.

I knew he was fairly young when he embarked upon this venture, but surely he is not closing in to his third decade?!:eek: Also, that was my argument, too. It all stayed the same level of maturity in both scope and style, but the last entry was definitely an improvement.

If he really is 28... then no excuse. I've seen his Photos, so I know he doesn't possess down syndrome.

Kreegah is allowed to called everyone "The Kid"

I am an aged one, that is true.:(

Yeah, she has serious issues. But she's an elf, and every elven universe has serious levels of incest, so is it really a surprise to anyone that she's at least suffering from Schizoaffective Disorder?

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Good stuff, those. But 'ware the potsherds of Deadhouse Gates. :lol: And first editions of any of Esslemont's entries. I hope they sacked his editor or took him off the Quaaludes. Seriously.

the one I'm wondering why just, why about is Meyer how is she still allowed to publish? Especially when King, Presfield and Koonts have all come out and outright stated they'll black list any editor that does business with her

I mean those are some big names making a serious threat..yet she is on her second book series

I knew he was fairly young when he embarked upon this venture, but surely he is not closing in to his third decade?!:eek: Also, that was my argument, too. It all stayed the same level of maturity in both scope and style, but the last entry was definitely an improvement.

If he really is 28... then no excuse. I've seen his Photos, so I know he doesn't possess down syndrome.

this is exactly what I mean he's almost thirty he's been writing professional since he was fifteen even through a decade of experience he's only had average improvement if that..

there is no excuse..

Yeah, she has serious issues. But she's an elf, and every elven universe has serious levels of incest, so is it really a surprise to anyone that she's at least suffering from Schizoaffective Disorder?

the problem with this was that Paolini was portraying her as if she was right..when it's very clear in the context of the situation only he in his little knee jerk "this is for all the times guys like Kreegah, IWD and Wooster and COP punked him in a discussion" warped fantasy world thinks that Arya came off right

some of his younger fans do..Yuuki put me on ignore and cried about it to me in a silly PM

but any one with a good set of years on them..and has a decent collection of books at home or hell even just a little bit of common sense could tell that both Paolini and Arya were full of it...

Still..shame on him for doing that and trying to spin it like that

Wooster
02-12-2012, 02:00 PM
I am an aged one, that is true.:(

Yeah, she has serious issues. But she's an elf, and every elven universe has serious levels of incest, so is it really a surprise to anyone that she's at least suffering from Schizoaffective Disorder?At least you can grow a manly beard.

Elves age differently. I think she is really a teenage girl. Look how she thinks about her mother. People think that makes them wiser than the short lived humans. Nothing could be further from the truth. A dog reaches maturity in a year or so. It appears it takes Elves a few centuries.

TheBlackChidori
02-12-2012, 02:28 PM
@Wooster: Currently reading Wise Man's Fear

Kreegah!!!
02-12-2012, 02:37 PM
AAAUGH! The thread was murdered with the mention of Stephanie Meyer! EEEEEEW!

I'd rather be pegged by Linda Tripp than hear more about that tramp. :evil:

Wooster
02-12-2012, 02:37 PM
@Wooster: Currently reading Wise Man's Fear
How did you like The Name of the Wind?

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Elves may age slowly but they should still be experienced...as hell and know better

I mean hormones overwhelming a few hundred years of life experience..seems a bit much

she just came off like she was a dumb shut in with a sense of self entitlement

TheBlackChidori
02-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Enough to make me check out the 2nd Woo, which most of the time my interest ends after the first book of a series.

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Enough to make me check out the 2nd Woo, which most of the time my interest ends after the first book of a series.

so not worth reading then?

also why aren't you fighting mongoose?

Wooster
02-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Elves may age slowly but they should still be experienced...as hell and know better

I mean hormones overwhelming a few hundred years of life experience..seems a bit much

she just came off like she was a dumb shut in with a sense of self entitlementWe have no proof of that.
She is a pup, even compared to Eragon.

I find it one of the best pieces of writing I have ever seen.
You should not be disappointed with Wise Man if you liked the first.

Cult of Personality
02-12-2012, 03:19 PM
She's a dumb bint is what she is. Being young is no excuse for being a retard.

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-12-2012, 03:23 PM
to be fair COP it seems more the fault of Paolini himself then anything else

Cult of Personality
02-12-2012, 03:24 PM
I got two words for Paolini.

Lynch. Mob.

With him around making people think horseshit like that is quality literature, it's that much harder for amateur writers like myself with actual quality work to get anywhere.

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-12-2012, 03:26 PM
there's always lulu

want people to remember quality auto publish and force the issue

Cult of Personality
02-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Doing so would deprive me of the moral victory. His parents published his feces smeared books.

If I can't get published on my accolades, then how am I any better than him?

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-12-2012, 03:32 PM
Doing so would deprive me of the moral victory. His parents published his feces smeared books.

If I can't get published on my accolades, then how am I any better than him?

your superiority would be measured by the quality of your literature I suppose

Wooster
02-12-2012, 04:27 PM
She's a dumb bint is what she is. Being young is no excuse for being a retard.
What about probably being raped whilst her mother watched?

Blind Uchiha
02-12-2012, 04:42 PM
Did you read Glasslands first? I know it seems weird, as it's part of the post-Covenant/Human war fallout, but they all tie together. Cryptum wasn't horrible, but it seemed a tad formulaic. Primordium is much better. Although I likely feel that way because I can gloat to my brother on how right I was about the Precursor/Flood connection. As well as Bungie.net and Waypoint forums. :twisted:

I haven't read Glasslands either. I haven't had much of a chance to swing by Borders of late and Wal-Mart hasn't had either of them. I suppose I'll have to grab both of them soon because I really enjoyed Cryptum.

Still have to read the last Inheritance novel..

Wooster
02-12-2012, 05:00 PM
Kreegah!!! and I cordially invited you, our dear, dear acquaintances, to the best thread ever made.
Sadly, you have to find it yourself. ;D

Kreegah!!!
02-12-2012, 05:31 PM
It involves only two, possibly three now, parties actually debating, but The Thread is a significant step forward in combative theory, debate, and hypothetical plot progression. There are also important strides made in Biology and Physics, with minor contributions in Chemistry. This isn't just a hallmark for Naruto debates, but a lambent beacon for the Internet entire. Please feel free to add your brilliance to this on-going venture.

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-12-2012, 06:01 PM
then by all means link it here

Cult of Personality
02-12-2012, 06:50 PM

Rape as drama. Way to suck Paolini.

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-12-2012, 07:14 PM
Rape as drama. Way to suck Paolini.

it looks like someone was reading DC comics in the mid 00's

Cult of Personality
02-12-2012, 07:27 PM
Dr Rape Light. Powers include rape, rape, rape, rape and rape.

Wooster
02-12-2012, 07:46 PM
then by all means link it here
Can't.
Check NF. Although, you could look at my edit. ;)

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-12-2012, 08:38 PM
what a magnificent thread

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-12-2012, 08:41 PM
Dr Rape Light. Powers include rape, rape, rape, rape and rape.

Paolini learned from the best of them indeed

tsuki
02-13-2012, 07:26 AM

What makes you say that?

Wooster
02-13-2012, 11:17 AM
The Elf cermony. Seems like a massive orgy to me. Clearly Arya ended up with someone she didn't want to. :ugeek:

tsuki
02-13-2012, 11:35 AM
Maybe it was her mom? lol

TheBlackChidori
02-13-2012, 12:00 PM
so not worth reading then?

also why aren't you fighting mongoose?

The Quasiadmin badge strikes more fear and aww into children.

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-13-2012, 12:03 PM
The Elf cermony. Seems like a massive orgy to me. Clearly Arya ended up with someone she didn't want to. :ugeek:

Vladimir Harkonan vs Arya match of the century?

Maybe it was her mom? lol

\oh man ahaha

The Quasiadmin badge strikes more fear and aww into children.

it's nicer than the mod and S mod badge for sure

Wooster
02-13-2012, 12:07 PM
You know all those fetishes of the elves, I thought I was reading about David Koresh or something. :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised to learn Paolini is Scientologist.

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-13-2012, 01:21 PM
He's buddies with Pullman

so maybe sentient straw man Atheist

Wooster
02-13-2012, 01:24 PM
Maybe we have Paolini all wrong, maybe he was trying to mock the Atheists with the elves.

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-13-2012, 01:28 PM
Maybe we have Paolini all wrong, maybe he was trying to mock the Atheists with the elves.

that would imply he's actually clever

colorles
02-13-2012, 02:18 PM
http://lounge.moviecodec.com/vs-forum/goku-vs-superman-144980/

these dont really happen all that often any more, just though give some of the denizens of this forums the opportunity for a quality goku vs superman thread

TheBlackChidori
02-13-2012, 02:32 PM
Despite being admin, I've always wished we could post scans to back up our arguments. I push the rule as much as I can, but pictures debates are the best.

colorles
02-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Despite being admin, I've always wished we could post scans to back up our arguments. I push the rule as much as I can, but pictures debates are the best.

well some posters have been doing that here regardless, as long as its not viz related

TheBlackChidori
02-13-2012, 02:37 PM
Yeah. I do that for comic debates and youtube videos. I try to stay away from manga scans for the most part though. But I mostly debate Naruto anyway soooo

Wooster
02-13-2012, 02:38 PM
I am pretty sure Goku wank happens here all the time. :ugeek:

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-13-2012, 02:50 PM

I have always seen that rule as not very helpful

I am pretty sure Goku wank happens here all the time. :ugeek:

the only way to meet DBZ wank is to profile DBZ fans and never give them anything not even an inch

I'm sorry to say that but my experience is they are one of the worse fandoms out there and you cannot be tolerant towards them

TheBlackChidori
02-13-2012, 02:54 PM
Problem with DBZ debating is writer stupidity. He had people with PL's of 500 destroying moons, and eventually gives them PL's likely in the 100-millions. So people try to play the rule of powerscaling but... how can you powerscale that? Using math, sure, Goku could destroy 1000 planets at once. Problem is, he HASNT. And that's what people don't understand.

321zigzag3
02-13-2012, 02:55 PM
http://lounge.moviecodec.com/vs-forum/goku-vs-superman-144980/ (http://lounge.moviecodec.com/vs-forum/goku-vs-superman-144980/)

these dont really happen all that often any more, just though give some of the denizens of this forums the opportunity for a quality goku vs superman thread

The only new thing I learned about that thread is this.

Apparently the The Lounge Moderators are on strike for some odd reason.

Wait what when did this occur? In Eldest?

colorles
02-13-2012, 02:59 PM

yeah no mods for a while, although this was very common in 2010

there could be a conflict between varios denizens of MVC and the 'long missing webmaster' b:oops:lol

321zigzag3
02-13-2012, 03:04 PM
yeah no mods for a while, although this was very common in 2010

there could be a conflict between varios denizens of MVC and the 'long missing webmaster' b:oops:lol

I didn't know some parts of the Lounge even had moderators.

Even one poster said a hypothetical end could be the end to The Lounge in that thread.

Which is sort of what occured with Manga stream forums. Apparently one moderator "went insane" and deleted the whole forums to the point its not recoverable.

colorles
02-13-2012, 03:28 PM
I didn't know some parts of the Lounge even had moderators.

Even one poster said a hypothetical end could be the end to The Lounge in that thread.

Which is sort of what occured with Manga stream forums. Apparently one moderator "went insane" and deleted the whole forums to the point its not recoverable.

for a long time there were essentially no mods as, prior to somwhere around mid 2011, only said 'long missing webmaster' could appoint mods and admins. thus these 'mods and admins' were all appointed from like 2003 to 2007 or somthing like that, and many where completely inactive, and the few that 'popped in' from time to time were only 'section mods' with minimal power over a single section. MVC mods have very little power, the most they can do is lock threads and section ban members/guests for the most only 1 hour at a time. MVC admins were appointed around same era, and have the powers of 'super-mods' or 'multi section mods' although they can permaban (althouth it doesnt mean much at MVC) and delete posts and threads, although only a single post and thread at a time (lulzy with some posters spamming pretty 'gross' images lol). now around mid 2011, a poster named 'cid' got in touch with this 'long missing webmaster', and only got said 'long missing webmaster' to create a few new sections, but gave the admins (cid and a few inactive ones at the time) the power to mass delete as users posts, and also admins the ability to appoint new mods (although only Bjarne, the webmaster, can promot new admins, which he did with Chibi). thus new mods were appointed, and because of Cids new power (and that he is the only able to somwhat be able to get in touch with Bjarne from time to time), many users began 'sucking up' to him, and many didnt', and Cid began to take advantage of his power, and a bunch of things happened leading to an eventually 6 month plus feud between "Cid and the Old Guard" vs "Pokeniggas" (a group 'officially formed' in early 2011, but was kinda 'around' somwhat since early 2010; and in early to mid 2011 gained organization and influence over the site, with pretty much all new members and guest becoming affiliates of the group)over 'site influence', with alot of hacking involved and some dislike and some generally 'distasteful' things from time to time (although it never got physical). this just recently ended in january 2012, (pokeniggas tend to have more influence now, although it 'never left') MVC iz chil. now with these recent 'mod strike', there are absolutely no mods, and the admins dont care either, it seems they may 'go at it' with Bjarne. now to mention varios hackers, and some loling gain access to 'ancient admin accounts' that have long been inactive just for the lulz, but thats just a show of lulz, you can have more 'power' on the lounge without even being an admin for the most part. anyways though, expect tons of porn of all kinds at first (as porn has been concistenly frowned upon at the lounge, as Bjarne has many sponsors that sponsor the site and many would leave it if became an official 'porn site', and for a while the few admins went with this for bjarnes sake. but now thats not the case, its almost as if they, as well as a decent portion of MVC, want bjarne to feel threatened, as he would be loosing alot of money if the sponsors were to leave. this could escalate, although not likely into anything physical, however its en el aire with MVC, anything goes at this point)

321zigzag3
02-13-2012, 03:32 PM
So you don't know the future of MVC?

As for the 1 hour ban. Thats very helpful indeed.

colorles
02-13-2012, 03:36 PM

As for the 1 hour ban. Thats very helpful indeed.

the site could get 'taken over' via hackers gaining access to Bjarnes superuser account (has happend), and theres posters who can post on permabanned accounts. as with MVC 'going down', the site will more likely be 'sold' to the 'highest bidder' than that

only hour ban from a single section, at a time when there were essentially no mods, so just post whatever in another section

Wooster
02-13-2012, 03:39 PM

Sure I don't really remember other than some weird sheet was going on.

321zigzag3
02-13-2012, 03:51 PM
the site could get 'taken over' via hackers gaining access to Bjarnes superuser account (has happend), and theres posters who can post on permabanned accounts. as with MVC 'going down', the site will more likely be 'sold' to the 'highest bidder' than that

only hour ban from a single section, at a time when there were essentially no mods, so just post whatever in another section

Sold to the highest bidder sounds like nothing will change then. In that case they have nothing to worry about being sold to the highest bidder.

Sure I don't really remember other than some weird sheet was going on.

What occured in the Elf party anyway. All I recall is Eragon getting his scar healed.

Wooster
02-13-2012, 03:54 PM
I don't really want to remember. Paolini's elves are really a messed up race.

colorles
02-13-2012, 04:09 PM
"1.Know your stuff, 22nd Budokai Goku not only reacted to it, but outran it, grabbed Roshi’s glasses, put em on, and ran back to his spot in the fight with Tien.

Roshi had an entire fight with krillin in a second at a PL LESS (LESS! LESS!) then 139. http://www.mangareader.net/105-2762-16/dragon-ball/chapter-113.html. Roshi was training as well. Consider that. By the beginning of Z, all his training only got him to a PL of 139.

Kid Goku, 2nd tournament saga, reacted to the solar flare. He saw the light coming, ran away from it, took Roshi’s sunglasses, and put them on before running back to where he was. Keep in mind, Roshi was as surprised as everyone else. Roshi, who could have fights in a second, who was fighting evenly with Tien. Roshi didn’t have a clue the solar flare was coming, and he knew about practically every technique on earth (By name no less.). So Goku couldn’t have seen it coming, he saw and reacted on a faster then light speed level. Here are the scans.

http://www.mangareader.net/105-2779-6/dragon-ball/chapter-130.html
http://www.mangareader.net/105-2779-7/dragon-ball/chapter-130.html
http://www.mangareader.net/105-2779-8/dragon-ball/chapter-130.html

In one panel we see roshi with his glasses on and he would have realized if it was gone before the rays hit his eyes IF goku took them before tiens attack. Tien solar flare the ring, goku makes it to roshi in enough time to get the glasses AND put them on AND run back to the spot that he was at before the solar flare completely engulfs the field. Roshi without his glasses gets blind, then he realize that his glasses were gone.

If goku took them before the blast, roshi would have known a lot sooner than what he did since they are “shades”. You all tend to forget that roshi have super speed as well so someone taking something from him without him noticing it is a feat within itself.

Goku outran the blast by a large pace and did a couple of things before the blast even registered.

2.My guess is that power, speed, strength, endurance, stamina, etc all increase exponentially with even the slightest rise in PL."------o3o

of faster than light combat movements in Dragon Ball

how do the denizens of viz BG 'feel' in regards to this passage?

colorles
02-13-2012, 04:09 PM
amoung other things

Wooster
02-13-2012, 04:44 PM
Yes, this makes complete sense because the time to reach peak intenity is also light speed.. :|
Not to mention if Guko saw it, it was already there..

This is avoiding a phasor argument again.

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-13-2012, 06:00 PM
Problem with DBZ debating is writer stupidity. He had people with PL's of 500 destroying moons, and eventually gives them PL's likely in the 100-millions. So people try to play the rule of powerscaling but... how can you powerscale that? Using math, sure, Goku could destroy 1000 planets at once. Problem is, he HASNT. And that's what people don't understand.

you go by feats you don't really have any other choice

not to mention you have the loudest DBZ voices being people from our gen who watched the anime in the 90's or kids that saw the anime on youtube or nick

and they don't realize the Anime paints a vastly more powerful picture then the manga

it will die one day

321zigzag3
02-13-2012, 06:02 PM
it will die one day

Now now wishing ill will is a bad thing. http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a311/SanativeStigma/beer.gif

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-13-2012, 06:05 PM
Now now wishing ill will is a bad thing. http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a311/SanativeStigma/beer.gif

I'm not wishing ill I'm, stating a fact

throughout vs debate history every single site with wank and biased and venomous fantards that bad tend to collapse in on themselves and get shut down

321zigzag3
02-13-2012, 06:12 PM
I don't really want to remember. Paolini's elves are really a messed up race.

The whole moral superior complex of the elves from Paolini really just vexed the hell out of me.

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-13-2012, 06:18 PM
The whole moral superior complex of the elves from Paolini really just vexed the hell out of me.

he was projecting there didn't you notice?

321zigzag3
02-13-2012, 06:21 PM
Its been a long time I read Eragon and much of Eldest. Didn't read Brisingr or the final one.

But yes if I recall.

And of course the whole weakest elf being superior to the strongest human being.
That just was hilarious.

Wooster
02-13-2012, 06:21 PM
I don't really understand why. His Dwarfs were really pretty neat. Either IWD is right, and the elves represent what he thinks are ideal, or he was really intentionally making them that obnoxious.

321zigzag3
02-13-2012, 06:24 PM
I don't really understand why. His Dwarfs were really pretty neat. Either IWD is right, and the elves represent what he thinks are ideal, or he was really intentionally making them that obnoxious.

Maybe he is being intentional. But who knows. We could ask Paolini himself, or I am sure someone already did.

Wooster
02-13-2012, 06:25 PM
But can we find the response on the internet? :lol:

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-13-2012, 06:26 PM

think like you thought when you were thirteen..when you thought you knew what was right and everyone around was either just a dumb ass oldman..or some know it all..think about how you argued or how you viewed the world...

and then look at his Elves and then look at how special they are etc etc

and then come back to me and tell me that wasn't projection

321zigzag3
02-13-2012, 06:33 PM
But can we find the response on the internet? :lol:

xHw5T4_JmmM

think like you thought when you were thirteen..when you thought you knew what was right and everyone around was either just a dumb ass oldman..or some know it all..think about how you argued or how you viewed the world...

and then look at his Elves and then look at how special they are etc etc

and then come back to me and tell me that wasn't projection

We should all go Vegan. The power of Paolini compels us.

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-13-2012, 06:55 PM
yeah I'd shove a dragon steak in their face then cut that hobags head off

Cult of Personality
02-13-2012, 07:09 PM
I wonder who Narutonamikaze85 is. He seems to have developed a grudge against me rather more quickly than idiots normally do, which suggests he knows me from prior to now. :hmm

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-13-2012, 07:12 PM
I wonder who Narutonamikaze85 is. He seems to have developed a grudge against me rather more quickly than idiots normally do, which suggests he knows me from prior to now. :hmm

he's a dupe I just haven't figured out who yet

TheBlackChidori
02-14-2012, 10:05 AM
I like how he told you to stop insulting people in debates, right after he called you a ;););););).

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-14-2012, 10:10 AM
I like how he told you to stop insulting people in debates, right after he called you a ;););););).

I thought he might be a troll from NF called Kaiokenred

but then again he hasn't talked about his 2,000 IQ and how Naruto is superior to everything from star wars to wheel of time to tolkien

or wanted to sexually molest Kishimoto

also he stalks me..usually not other posters

TheBlackChidori
02-14-2012, 10:12 AM
Speaking of WoT, just finished Book 8.

Go read it IWD D:

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-14-2012, 10:15 AM
I'll have to go that when I finish Dune and the saxon saga

TheBlackChidori
02-14-2012, 10:23 AM
Ugh that'll take years. I wanna discuss it with someone.

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-14-2012, 10:33 AM
Ugh that'll take years. I wanna discuss it with someone.

naw I read fast I cleared both Jurassic Park novels in two weeks the Dark Crystal in three days and Gates of fire last week

Wooster
02-14-2012, 10:46 AM
You could discuss it with me. I might even try to avoid spoilers. :lol:

TheBlackChidori
02-14-2012, 10:47 AM
No Woo, you're ahead of me. Less fun!

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-14-2012, 10:56 AM
I'm wondering if I'll like the saga or end up thinking it's like paolini

Wooster
02-14-2012, 11:24 AM
No Woo, you're ahead of me. Less fun!
Then read faster. Give up all other free time. :ugeek:

321zigzag3
02-14-2012, 12:17 PM
Give up all other free time. :ugeek:

http://i.imgur.com/nsriv.jpg

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-14-2012, 02:18 PM
last night I tried reading portions of god emperor and chapter house..while intoxicated

Herbert took my mind to a bad place man..a bad place

I was like Ace Ventura doing the crying game parody

Devils Lawyer
02-15-2012, 12:02 PM
I actually read the first WOT awhile ago it was pretty good. The characters made it interesting.

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-18-2012, 11:35 AM
I actually read the first WOT awhile ago it was pretty good. The characters made it interesting.

I heard their magic is like crack and when you use it too much it screws with your mental stability and junk

any truth to this at all?

Devils Lawyer
02-18-2012, 11:41 AM
I don't remember all that. But I know it's hard to control and individuals were getting messed up behind that fact. It's been a very long time since I read it. Since then I have read so much more. Never did get around to the sequels.

TheBlackChidori
02-18-2012, 12:31 PM
I heard their magic is like crack and when you use it too much it screws with your mental stability and junk

any truth to this at all?

There are two sources of their magic. One that women can touch, that is pure and free of taint. And one that men can only touch, that is dirty as hell and tained by basically the Satan of the WoT verse. This drives men to go nuts. I mean nuts.

At one point in the past age of legends, the men who could channel lost control and literally broke the world in half. Cool stuff.

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-18-2012, 03:10 PM
seems like is worth getting into

NBT
02-18-2012, 03:12 PM
..................?

Kreegah!!!
02-18-2012, 03:27 PM
What happened when the world split?

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-18-2012, 08:06 PM
What happened when the world split?

I'd imagine some type of Doomsday scenario and then a revival of civilization?

also since you read Paolini your insight can be appreciated here? (http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111867)

Kreegah!!!
02-19-2012, 06:47 AM
I'd imagine some type of Doomsday scenario and then a revival of civilization?

also since you read Paolini your insight can be appreciated here? (http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111867)

Yeah, but the atmosphere? Gravitational concerns? What about the planet core? I just wonder if any of that was explained. Not because I can't suspend disbelief mind you, but because I lust for details on all the ways people would be made to suffer.

Looking into it now, sir.

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-19-2012, 11:44 AM
Yeah, but the atmosphere? Gravitational concerns? What about the planet core? I just wonder if any of that was explained. Not because I can't suspend disbelief mind you, but because I lust for details on all the ways people would be made to suffer.]

actually from what I understand you can split a planet in half or even several large pieces but that isn't enough to rip the atmosphere off or scatter it..it would do a great deal of damage and probably kill a ton of life but it's not impossible

hell you can do that and still have the planets gravity hold it together

it takes an enormous amount of raw force to overcome that and actually scatter said planet

so they could be stuck on a wasteland slowly healing that's either split clean down the middle or in multiple pieces each being "pulled by the moon" or "the planets own gravity" with it's own continental shifts and tides and the like..essentially a very chaotic place to live...hell depending on the damage a conventional compass might not function properly and just crossing an ocean might be hazardous due to each side having it;s own magnetic poles or whatever ...especially if the cores zorched

you can go..pretty far with this especially in a fantasy setting

why thank you

TheBlackChidori
02-19-2012, 01:22 PM
Yeah, but the atmosphere? Gravitational concerns? What about the planet core? I just wonder if any of that was explained. Not because I can't suspend disbelief mind you, but because I lust for details on all the ways people would be made to suffer.

Chaos. Basically. The weather was forever changed, new landmasses formed while others dropped into the ocean, some lands became forever scorched never to see rain again, and the true source of power was forever tainted.

Kreegah!!!
02-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Final question: did this riven world then unleash an army of mole people?

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-19-2012, 08:35 PM
some old guy presented me with this gif

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq296/SamuraiOb1/debatergif.gif

now I am contemplating either laughing at his face or retiring

TheBlackChidori
02-20-2012, 10:20 AM
Final question: did this riven world then unleash an army of mole people?

Yes but I believe they were quickly eradicated

Kreegah!!!
02-20-2012, 05:48 PM
some old guy presented me with this gif

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq296/SamuraiOb1/debatergif.gif

Makes sense.

now I am contemplating either laughing at his face or retiring

Yes but I believe they were quickly eradicated

I'll have to read it then.

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-20-2012, 07:27 PM
so apparently spacebattles might be permanently shutdown after almost twenty years of existing as a vs debate and sci fi forum...it might be killed

it's getting sued by it's own server hosting company for allowing Pedo style stuff to run rampant

Kreegah!!!
02-21-2012, 04:25 AM
:shock: Who would TARnISH such a place with crap like that?

Shikamaru Nara
02-21-2012, 06:13 AM
Are any of you able to post? Cuz it's getting REALLY hard for me.

Kreegah!!!
02-21-2012, 06:45 AM
I'm doing well today. No problems yet! :D

Shikamaru Nara
02-21-2012, 07:33 AM
Awww...D:

I got several read errors, two write errors, two neuters, and one gateway error. D:

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-21-2012, 08:47 AM
:shock: Who would TARnISH such a place with crap like that?

I'm not sure but some really nutty anti comics tards liked posting that infamous Jack Chic comic where he has some fat bastard standing before a helpless 11 year old girl grinning like a complete degenerate "it's that time again sweety"

between that and the monkey peeing on Mike Wongs kids photoshop back in the day and the occasional warsie porn spam

edit- did Lemon head just challenge me on the topic of comic book lore?

Wooster
02-21-2012, 11:26 AM
Ewww, Shikamaru. I hate that gif. Why did you have to remind me of it. :|

TheBlackChidori
02-21-2012, 02:32 PM
Book 8 complete. Wooster where's Asmodean and why isn't he on screen doing awesome things?

Wooster
02-21-2012, 02:58 PM
He was in Book 4-5, and you know what happened to him. :[
Never revelaed who did it, but pretty much assumed to be Graendal.

TheBlackChidori
02-21-2012, 03:18 PM
Noooo! I thought he was off hiding somewhere plotting menacingly. QQ

Wooster
02-22-2012, 11:28 AM
Sorry, Jordan just trolled you from beyond the grave. :|

321zigzag3
02-22-2012, 02:04 PM
Posting is difficult.

colorles
02-23-2012, 08:13 PM
so apparently spacebattles might be permanently shutdown after almost twenty years of existing as a vs debate and sci fi forum...it might be killed

it's getting sued by it's own server hosting company for allowing Pedo style stuff to run rampant

how unfortunate

although it seems theyv 'tightened security' over there at the moment

Devils Lawyer
02-23-2012, 09:53 PM
Posting is difficult.
I second that.

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-23-2012, 11:00 PM
how unfortunate

because they know their six inches from having the feds raid their damn site admins houses probably

I still have no idea how a site that was once so good..could become such a rats nest so fast

321zigzag3
02-24-2012, 11:07 AM
how unfortunate

very private locked

I second that.

so what now

because they know their six inches from having the feds raid their damn site admins houses probably

I still have no idea how a site that was once so good..could become such a rats nest so fast

Oh many hate that place. Its not just OBD obviously.

NBT
02-24-2012, 01:23 PM
.............?

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-24-2012, 04:00 PM
.............?

one of the oldest vs debate sites stands a good chance of being shut down for good for pedo related crap

Oh many hate that place. Its not just OBD obviously.

I don't blame them they were a great site but they fell from glory around 2001 and haven't really ever come back to what they once were

edit- the way the leftists on that site treat the combat veterans who post there is downright abusive and sickening

NBT
02-24-2012, 04:27 PM
Exactly how old is vs. debating anyway?

The Immortal Watch Dog
02-24-2012, 07:17 PM
Exactly how old is vs. debating anyway?

since the early 80;s maybe late 70's but obviously not over the net, I recall from one vet that it got started by people doing phone based forums

you have.. the comic and sci fi school started out that early and then there was a massive influx of anime fans in the late 80's to early 90's

I know feat based debating started twenty five or so years ago and really pissed off the sci fi guys great deal

really it's a pretty pervasive and competitive culture We've had Viz translators...comic book writers and of course the sci fi side has guys like Curtis Saxton who writes the technical data books for SW come up through the ranks

SB was founded by some old timers who were basically butthurt at the feat based system gaining such dominance and for a long time they had the influence and pull to challenge it

then the Sci fi guys had a massive feud between them... and you had the Star wars faction lead by a certain someone colorless and I both hate with an intense passion and they sorta broke any and all credibility that side of the argument had in their beefing

basically until the rebirth of the Otaku faction at sites like MVC no ones ever really been able to challenge the monopoly feat based debating has held vs debate culture for well longer than allot of our posters have been alive

NBT
02-24-2012, 07:42 PM
Interesting

Wooster
02-25-2012, 06:28 AM
I find vs. based debating just an extension of "my dad can beat up your dad."
Therefore, it has an even longer pedigree. `:P

More seriously, isn't D&D really Gygak's attempt of a formalized multiverse debate of Tolkien vs. Burrough?

Shikamaru Nara
02-25-2012, 06:36 AM
I find vs. based debating just an extension of "my dad can beat up your dad."
Therefore, it has an even longer pedigree. `:P

More seriously, isn't D&D really Gygak's attempt of a formalized multiverse debate of Tolkien vs. Burrough?

Debating is a way to kill time.

NBT
02-25-2012, 07:13 AM
I just realized something completely unrelated to the current discussion.The only characters in Naruto that are actually bad are all from Konoha......and akatsuki.Everyone else is at least remotely tolerable.

321zigzag3
02-25-2012, 07:24 AM
I just realized something completely unrelated to the current discussion.The only characters in Naruto that are actually bad are all from Konoha......and akatsuki.Everyone else is at least remotely tolerable.

Konoha I can understand since they are mostly frequent and not everyone likes them.

But Akatsuki for what? Same reason?

megabbaut
02-25-2012, 07:27 AM
They are a criminal organization.

NBT
02-25-2012, 07:37 AM
Konoha I can understand since they are mostly frequent and not everyone likes them.

But Akatsuki for what? Same reason?

Deidara,Sasori,Pain,Tobi,an uchiha.While the zombie bros. do suck,I'm not sure I'd call them bad characters.Kisame and Konan are the only ones who don't suck.