PDA

View Full Version : 'The Chase' and 'Think of Our Children'

Vidda Hatake
07-15-2009, 10:03 PM
I'll put the poem first because it's much shorter...

"Think of our Children"
Where does the hope of the world's future lie?
Within a child who is standing nearby.
It's adults they watch and what do they see?
Do we pass them by because we're busy?

Do we stop and take time to hug or to care?
Do we give them our love and teach them to share?
Or do we teach anger and hurt and frustration?
Will this be the future of our great Nation?

So stop and consider - What face do you show?
Think what you’re teaching before you go.
The children are watching, so please realize
What the children are seeing through their learning eyes.

Vidda Hatake
07-15-2009, 10:12 PM
The Chase
Darkness was coming fast...so was he. Even above her gasping breaths, she could hear him crashing through the woods behind her.
Just the thought of him catching her made her run even faster than she ever thought she could. Her only hope was that she was going in the right direction and that the stream would be ahead. Her heart was pounding so hard that she was sure the whole world could hear it beating, sounding out like some huge drum.
Crack! The twig she just stepped on seemed as loud as a gunshot!
Running...running...
Branches had scratched her face, arms, and legs, but she was so intent on staying ahead f him that she hadn't even felt pain when the bramble vines caught at her. She knew she had to lose him soon, or she'd collapse. She was getting so tired and her side was starting to hurt.
The sky had become a deep, dark blue and the trees were nothing but silhouettes with no color showing on their leaves at all. It was getting much harder for her to see the trail, but still, she ran on, knowing that it would be completely dark soon.
A loud grunt came from uncomfortably close behind her, followed by the sound of someone falling. She guessed that he'd tripped over the log that she'd only just spotted in time to jump over. At least she knew he was far enough behind her that he couldn't see her...yet. She hoped that her many visits to these woods would pay off for her. Finally, she could hear running water ahead and knew she was getting close to the stream. She remembered that the trail took a dive down a steep hill, then a sudden turn to the left along the stream. She slowed down to keep from stumbling down the hill, then veered to the right, off the trail, and stopped to crawl through the bushes beside the trail. She trotted through the trees as quickly and as quietly as she could, half expecting him to jump out at her at any second. She finally found a good climbing tree, and up she went, as high as she could get. She sat there trying to catch her breath, hoping that the gurgling of the stream would drown out any sounds she made. Of course, the noisy stream would also make it harder for her to hear him.
Tired, her mind drifted as she listened to the water bouncing over the rocks in its path. She wondered if he'd be able to see the trail well enough to follow it when it took the sudden left turn. She doubted it - it was getting really dark now. She smiled as she pictured him stumbling down the hill, then falling head-over-heels into the stream. She slapped her hand over her mouth to keep from giggling out loud as she thought of him sloshing to the bank dripping wet.
"Got 'cha!" he shouted suddenly from beneath her! She jumped so badly that she very nearly fell out of the tree!
"Tag! You're it!" he yelled, laughing as he disappeared back into the woods.
She climbed down as fast as she could and ran after him, thinking how cute he was for a ten-year-old to her nine-year-old tastes.

By Vidda Hatake

waterlemon-chi
07-15-2009, 10:59 PM
So beautiful. *sniffles* Claps for you, Vidda-san!

Yajyuu Mikazuki
07-15-2009, 11:14 PM
You wrote that Mrs. Vidda?

Vidda Hatake
07-16-2009, 12:05 AM
So beautiful. *sniffles* Claps for you, Vidda-san!

Thank you, waterlemon-chi! (hugs)

You wrote that Mrs. Vidda?

Yes, I did. Both of them. In fact, my sister punched me in the arm after she read 'The Chase'. She's the most critical person I know, but even she liked it! Surprised the heck out of me!

Shkin
07-16-2009, 03:02 AM
magnificent...awesome...bravo...that was so cool mrs vidda...

Vidda Hatake
07-17-2009, 12:57 AM
magnificent...awesome...bravo...that was so cool mrs vidda...

Wow! Thank you!

Vatanui AKA Pride
07-17-2009, 11:11 AM
Mangeneficent, Captain Vidda..

Vidda Hatake
07-19-2009, 03:31 PM
Mangeneficent, Captain Vidda..

Thank you, my Pride!

And I thought no one would even read it! :lol: Thanks guys!! :D