PDA

View Full Version : whats with all the live action movies

hokage
04-15-2009, 10:16 AM
Retracted

OnyxBlossom
04-15-2009, 02:16 PM
I agree. What's with all the live action movies? They're not as great as the real anime.

Sasuke_Uchiha478
04-18-2009, 06:01 AM
Yeah, theres gonna be heaps of them..i heard there will be a Akira film staring Leonardo De Caprio (if thats how u spell his name) later this year i think and theres gonna be a Death Note American re-make (dear god) but one i want to see is the Ghost in the Shell one being done by Dreamworks and i think Steven Speilberg is doin' something on it aswell.. so it'll be good.

Kisame
04-18-2009, 04:22 PM
They're doing it to make money.

uchihasasukepwns
04-18-2009, 04:22 PM
this sucks man

SRhyse
04-18-2009, 04:37 PM
Kasshern and Dororo are live action animes, Japan made, that came out fairly recently on DVD.

HIGHLY recommend both, as they give me hope it can be done well; mostly the former, though its translation is the weaker of the two because Dreamworks did it ;).

Seriously, check those out. Kasshern's based on an older anime, though loosely to the point that you'd wonder why they based it on anything. Dororo's from Osamu Tezuka's manga, who's the father of anime and manga in general; he's the Astroboy and Buddha guy.

And ya, the Death Note live actions were a few shades of balls.

Vidda Hatake
04-18-2009, 04:39 PM
Kasshern and Dororo are live action animes, Japan made, that came out fairly recently on DVD.

HIGHLY recommend both, as they give me hope it can be done well; mostly the former, though its translation is the weaker of the two because Dreamworks did it ;).

Seriously, check those out. Kasshern's based on an older anime, though loosely to the point that you'd wonder why they based it on anything. Dororo's from Osamu Tezuka's manga, who's the father of anime and manga in general; he's the Astroboy and Buddha guy.

And ya, the Death Note live actions were a few shades of balls.

We have the whole set of "Astroboy"!! :lol:

JamzAcez
04-18-2009, 04:50 PM
There is live action Death Note, now Dragonball, soon Full Metal Panic, and the biggest sacrilege soon Cowboy Bebop. With the huge outcry for more Cowboy Bebop why go live action?

I don't know how many of you feel the same as me but one of the reasons I like anime is because it's anime not live action. If writers / studios / ect... are going to come up with additional works to existing animes they should be continuations to the existing story and be ANIME. Sorry if you disagree (not really) that is just my opinion.

Do you think they are doing it because they think we will enjoy it?

Or do you think they are doing it because we like the animes so much they think the stories must be good and would appeal to wider audiences as live action.
they're also supposed to come out with a Blood+ live acion movie which i think would be awesome but Cowboy Bebop?Why on earth would they ruin a series by doing that

SRhyse
04-18-2009, 05:01 PM
There is live action Death Note, now Dragonball, soon Full Metal Panic, and the biggest sacrilege soon Cowboy Bebop. With the huge outcry for more Cowboy Bebop why go live action?

I don't know how many of you feel the same as me but one of the reasons I like anime is because it's anime not live action. If writers / studios / ect... are going to come up with additional works to existing animes they should be continuations to the existing story and be ANIME. Sorry if you disagree (not really) that is just my opinion.

Or do you think they are doing it because we like the animes so much they think the stories must be good and would appeal to wider audiences as live action.
they're also supposed to come out with a Blood+ live acion movie which i think would be awesome but Cowboy Bebop?Why on earth would they ruin a series by doing that
I think Bebop would be one of the easier ones to pull off, atleast visually. It's Blade Runner in space, so if we could do it in the 70s, we can do it now.

JamzAcez
04-18-2009, 05:24 PM

I think Bebop would be one of the easier ones to pull off, atleast visually. It's Blade Runner in space, so if we could do it in the 70s, we can do it now.
gotts a point there but still think of trying to find a guy like Spike i mean who could possibly play him

SRhyse
04-18-2009, 05:27 PM
gotts a point there but still think of trying to find a guy like Spike i mean who could possibly play him
Josh Hartnett would do a great job, I think. He was ok in Sin City, but check him in Lucky Number Slevin; good work, he'd have my vote.

JamzAcez
04-18-2009, 05:30 PM
Josh Hartnett would do a great job, I think. He was ok in Sin City, but check him in Lucky Number Slevin; good work, he'd have my vote.
yet again good point i didnt think of him

SRhyse
04-18-2009, 05:36 PM
Lucy Lui'd make an OK Fey based on attitude, though she's pretty much the only Asian actress that rolls with the American filming groups out here.

Jet?

JamzAcez
04-18-2009, 05:38 PM
Lucy Lui'd make an OK Fey based on attitude, though she's pretty much the only Asian actress that rolls with the American filming groups out here.

Jet?
sorry i'm forgetting names right now whichc is he the big guy i'm thinking of

tsuchikage
04-18-2009, 07:24 PM
Keanu Reeves is supposedly going to be playing Spike in the live-action Cowboy Bebop. (at least according to IMDB and every magazine article I've read about it)

SRhyse
04-18-2009, 07:26 PM
Keanu Reeves is supposedly going to be play Spike in the live-action Cowboy Bebop. (at least according to IMDB and every magazine article I've read about it)
Balls :cry:.

garraswerewolf
04-18-2009, 07:28 PM
Keanu Reeves is supposedly going to be play Spike in the live-action Cowboy Bebop. (at least according to IMDB and every magazine article I've read about it)
Balls :cry:.
ok im going to do it you said balls

garraswerewolf
04-18-2009, 07:35 PM
heh got away with that one

Naruto18
05-09-2009, 12:20 PM
they probably do it just to make money

shino 4
05-11-2009, 01:47 PM
I don't really like the live action movies but dragonball evolution was alright though