Okay Drake, you caught my attention again. You finally surpassed So Far Gone with this one.
Vatanui AKA Pride
11-11-2011, 11:50 PM
Ghostface's blog review, ergo the only plausible review to be taken into account.
11-12-2011, 12:46 AM
Vatanui AKA Pride
11-12-2011, 10:11 AM
I love this dude. :lol:
Yori's - Review
1. Over My Dead Body - The beat. The beat was everything right for intro for Drake. He talks about how he blew up last year till now and every word he said in this about him killing everyone last year is absolutely true.
Favorite Line: "Are these people discussing my career again? Asking if I’ll be going platinum in a year again, Don’t I got the ;);););) the world wanna hear again? Don’t Michael Jordan still got his hoop earring in?"
2. Shot For Me: Think Thank Me Later Karaoke when you hear this. I say this is karaoke part II. In this he reminds the girl that everything she done and is its because of him. Kind of cocky but hell I'm egotistic so its fine with me. First half started singing and later the rapping came in. I thought he was gonna be sub-par on his rapping on this but he impressed me.
3. Headlines: This song is Drakes reminder to Wiz, Big Sean, Wale, Jay, Kanye, hell even Wayne or any other rapper that he is still here and is back to what he is doing best. His rapping in this was impressive and his transitions from rapping to singing was on point. One of my favorite songs on the album.
Favorite Lines: "I guess its really just me, myself, and all my millions."
4. Crew Love: OKAY OKAY OKAY!!! This song turn my head when I heard someones voice as soon as it came on. The Weeknd! I freaking love this guy. If you haven't been listening to The Weeknd, seriously you really need to upgrade your music catalog. Put it like this, he is the XO to OVOXO. This song is just him and Drake talking about OVOXO. Drake having The Weeknd on this beat is deadly, these two are a deadly combo whenever they get together. When I heard this I just wanted to go find an OVOXO shirt and rock it all damn day. These two, oh man Drake good job on this feature.
Favorite Line: "That OVO & That XO is everything you believe in."
5. Take Care: The first song on Take Care I'll skip. It has Rihanna on the chorus talking about loving and losing. Drake raps and sings about trying to lure the girl (Rihanna) to him. Pretty much doing whatever he can to get her. Too cheesy for me.
6. Marvins Room: Really I can relate to this song. I did exactly what he did in the first verse to my ex-girl so this song won me over from the get go. In the song Drake is drunk and calls his ex-girl and tells her she can do better, and forget her new guy.
Favorite Line: The Chorus.
7. Buried Alive: Kendrick Lamar. If you know rap you know him well and he made his presence known on this one. He raps about how he met Drake and what he was thinking about him when they met. Drake does not appear on this and he made the right decision. Kendrick is something serious.
Favorite: "So blame it on Mr. OVOXO the reason why I'm breathing on the vanity I know."
8. Underground Kings: Oh boy tough, mean, aggressive track Drake did on this. The beat is mean, the lyrics are braggadocios, egotistic, aggressive, and the chorus is too ill. This probably my 2nd or 3rd most favorite track on here. He just ripped this like it was no tomorrow. The beat will just have you nodding to it the whole time. Drake killed this.
Favorite Line: “It’s been two years since somebody ask me who I was, I’m the greatest, man, I said that before I knew I was”
9. We'll Be Fine: Another rap no singing track from Drake. He also rip this one, also the beat is also ill. He really stepped his game up from Thank Me Later to now. On this he talks about success and if the girl thats with him is down for anything for the night. I love the chorus.
Favorite Line: “I still treat it likes it’s do or die, Even though dying isn’t in the plans, but neither was making it and here I am”
10. Make Me Proud: The Nicki Minaj feature. I don't really like his lyrics on this but he did enough to just get by. The chemistry between these to is evident throughout the track. Nicki verse was good until the last part. She botched Big Sean flow big time but anyway moving on.. The chorus is catchy is and radio friendly so this will have heavy rotation.
11. Lord Knows: Rozay! All I got to say is just listen to this. Drakes verse = Wow. Rick Ross verse: Yessir. Just Blaze production = I should of gave this one to Watch The Throne.
12. Camera's/Good Ones Go (Interlude): Another two part interlude. I really like Camera's part. I guess its because Crew Love got me all caught up in the OVOXO craze. In this Drake talks about his team, and tells his girl about her insecurities and what she see's is only on the camera. The chorus fits well with flow of the song. The beat is ill. Drake was on it on this.
Favorite Line: "How You Mean, How Mean, Thought you knew about the team."
Good Ones Go: If you was looking for that one Drake track that he sings the entire thing well here you go. I'm digging this one, not his best effort but it has a meaning.
13. Doing It Wrong: Another ballad, and this is a deep one. Drake sings about moving on from his girl and how you have to notice its time to just let it go. If you ever got your heart broken or just know its not gonna work out well here is your song.
Favorite Line: "Cause you'll say you love me, and I'll end up lying saying I love you too."
14. The Real Her: Another ballad and I like this one. Drake sings about how he is proud of how his girl is the way she just is. Think of Houstatlantavegas Part II when you hear this. Lil Wayne makes his first appearance on this and his verse was surprisingly impressive. Did I mention Andre 3000 has a verse in this? Let that settle in.
15. HYFR: Lil Wayne & Drake - Rapping. Thought this was gonna be like Miss Me and be a hit & miss but these two actually kept their pace and hit heavy on the beat. Drake raps about the past, girls, & interviews. Lil Wayne well does the same and he is on the chorus. The chorus you might think its dumb at first listen but you will be singing that part over and over again. Lil Wayne & Drake performs Double Time Flows on this. Drake out-shined Wayne.
Lamest Line: "Met a female Dragon, had a fire conversation" - Wayne
Favorite Line: "Hell Yeah, Hell Yeah, Hell Yeah, F'n Right, F'n Right, Alright."
16. Look What You Done: The Deepest Song This Year. Drake just let it go on this one. When you listen to this one just pay attention to the lyrics. He goes all the way back to how he was right after his Degrassi Days. This song is truly emotional and he rap straight through it. This is what Drake does best, he knows how to hit that emotional spot in the listener and he really did it. Probably my favorite Track.
Favorite Line: “Told you I think I’m done acting, I’m more in touch with the music, You said either way I’ll be a star, I could go so far”
17. Practice: Drake sings over the back that ass up beat. Yes I just said that but he actually pulled it off. Not my favorite but it gets a pass.
18. The Ride: "You won’t feel me til everybody say they love you, but it’s not love, And your suit is oxblood and your girl f'n hates you and your friends faded off shots of, What you ordered than forget about the game you on top of.." - Killed.
Overall Take Care is a beast of an album and Drakes best work. If you want me to compare it to other albums yes he beat Tha Carter 4, Yes he edged Cole World but no he has not reached The Throne yet. But, if there was any doubt on who is next in line after Ye' & Jay are through, everybody I present to you Drake. Take Care.
11-30-2011, 03:42 PM
You always told me about how you missed the old Drake, Yori. I think he showed some of his old ways, and I gotta' say - he killed it. I like your review, +rep. Also.. When I say "The old Drake," I mean before YM.
Yes I was proud of him because he sounded like drake again. And when I say that I mean comeback season - So far gone. He was more in touch of his own than everyone else's and that's why this is a great album
vBulletin® v3.8.2, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.