PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: Dear Viz....PLEASE STOP WITH THE FILLERS!!!!

tyler
04-14-2009, 04:02 PM
the manga is about 3 or 4 arcs ahead of shippuden right now. PLEASE catch up and then do fillers...holy crap!!

Yes I understand the concept of fillers.

Yes I enjoy the fillers...to some degree.

Yes you guys could produce more than one non filler arc in a row for once.

Seriously, There is no way that you guys could catch up to the end of the PAIN arc before it ends...considering it should end in 2 weeks or so. So why don't you guys just do the story until the end of the PAIN arc and then do fillers if the next arc isn't finished.

That would give about 3 or 4 seasons of non filler straight.

For the sake of everything holy....please progress the story because it's starting to drag.

Sage Mode
04-14-2009, 04:17 PM
Hey tyler,

There's only one problem. We don't actually make the anime, we subtitle it, and the folks in Japan (the people who do animate Naruto) are only one episode ahead of what we show on the site.

So, alas, this is where the show is in its progression. In the midst of a filler arc. My advice is to just sit back, relax, and enjoy it as much as you possibly can. ;)

tyler
04-14-2009, 04:27 PM
Rock on...I'll do more homework next time.

I thought Viz produced the show, not just translated it.

I do enjoy fillers because they show something that I haven't seen in the manga, but still, it's almost like they forget about the main story.

May I ask, what is the hold up in the shippuden dub? Is it a licensing issue? Is it a time related issue? I can see it being a licensing issue if cartoon network bought the rights to naruto, thus making it a pain to stream dubs online. But what about releasing it straight to DVD?

I know, "You'll know as soon as we know"

Blah. I know that someone knows more than what we know. If not, I'd feel pretty bad for the company. I also understand if you guys simply aren't allowed to say anything about the release date. But are you guys allowed to say anything about the hold up? :)

Sage Mode
04-14-2009, 04:31 PM
I think you answered your own questions a couple times, but I'll say it for you. :D

Nothing's official, so we can't tell you guys anything until it is official.

eternalblackrain
04-14-2009, 04:33 PM
i actually like the fillers.well i mean don't put so many in between the actual story lines episodes,but it's nice to see what they did in between story events.

tyler
04-14-2009, 04:51 PM
I understand nothing's official.

I'm just wondering...does Viz have any other project that is as popular as Naruto? Bleach maybe right? Well, is anyone even officially working on this? Or is releasing the uncut dubbed version of the original Naruto story to Hulu tomorrow just a stepping stone to releasing dubbed shippuden?

I know, "it's not official."

Do you guys have a business plan? Or is Viz just wingin it? Or is the plan to be as aloof as possible and keep the customers antsy until one day you release it. I understand that...it sounds a lot like Apple...and it works.

So I'm just guessing that you guys are doing that (I know "nothing's official right now"), and one day...when everything gets cleared up in the courts...you guys will release the dub via online streaming or DVD or TV or whatever.

I know..."that's not official"

but it is one of the only reasons WHY there is no Naruto Shippuden dub yet. The only other reason would be that Viz doesn't want to make any money...but there was an official release that there will be a dub someday.

Aren't Naruto and Naruto Shippuden essentially two different products? If not, shame on Viz. If so, shame on Viz IF there are licensing issues with Cartoon Network. If there are no licensing issues with Cartoon Network, then Viz is officially the Apple of the anime industry. Which is good....but Apple never makes their fans wait over a year.

I know..."that's not official"

ugh.

tyler
04-14-2009, 04:54 PM
btw...I'm more frustrated with your boss's boss's boss...not you guys

Sage Mode
04-14-2009, 05:03 PM
I can assure you that people are working on this, that Viz is not just winging it, that eventually we'll say something with more substance than "we can't say anything because nothing's official."

But there is a reason we say that, and that's because, well, it's true. We can't comment on things, for various legal reasons, if they aren't official.

Also, I know it's frustrating. It sucks. We are sorry.

tyler
04-14-2009, 05:07 PM
Yeah I know. A company like Viz couldn't make it where it is by winging it. I know you guys will let us know when anything is official. I'm just curious as to what the legal side of it is...which I'm sure can't be discussed with the general public :)

akatsuki10
04-15-2009, 07:58 PM
I have a question for you guys in VIZ MEDIA...
Like hopefully when you know something official about shipudden you can tell us or like any other anime you guys working on..

But i was wondering will ONE PIECE ever be aired again?????
Like the new episodes?

SRhyse
04-15-2009, 08:08 PM
Like hopefully when you know something official about shipudden you can tell us or like any other anime you guys working on..

Like the new episodes?
Well, from my understanding, 4Kids did the anime that aired and was laughed at, while we're doing the uncut DVDs that won't suck. So I don't think we'd be the ones to ask when it came to the ones that were aired on TV.

Does that help?

Toddler Naruto
04-15-2009, 08:43 PM

Like the new episodes?
Well, from my understanding, 4Kids did the anime that aired and was laughed at, while we're doing the uncut DVDs that won't suck. So I don't think we'd be the ones to ask when it came to the ones that were aired on TV.

Does that help?

Hold on a moment, I thought that only FUNimation Entertainment had the U.S. licensing rights for One Piece.

NARUTARD93
04-20-2009, 05:23 PM
Just a quick question, do you know why the producers opted to go with 4 seasons of a filler nightmare instead of the like six episode Kakashi Gaiden Arc that was the orginal bridge between Naruto and Naruto Shippuden in the manga? Oh, and do you know if we'll ever get to watch the Kakashi Gaiden Arc in the anime. It's alright if you can't say anything because nothing's offical over there or anything. Just give me your opinion if you can't say anything official. (If you're allowed.)

SRhyse
04-20-2009, 05:40 PM

Like the new episodes?

Does that help?

Hold on a moment, I thought that only FUNimation Entertainment had the U.S. licensing rights for One Piece.
Ya, turns out you're right!

I'm working on another One Piece project and got them mixed up, sorry :cry:.

*ichigorukiafan*
04-20-2009, 05:49 PM
i hate fillers i never watch filler episodes

Toddler Naruto
04-20-2009, 07:35 PM

Does that help?

Ya, turns out you're right!

I'm working on another One Piece project and got them mixed up, sorry :cry:.

What One Piece project are you working on?

garraswerewolf
04-20-2009, 07:40 PM
i dont think hes technically allowed to talk about it

Cade
04-25-2009, 03:00 PM
The episodes are straight from Japan.Once the episode in Japan comes out,a episode is posted here.

brunz
04-27-2009, 06:25 AM
I like the fillers but i think they just make to many of them with all anime like they last to long like the bount arc in bleach in went on for quite a while