PDA

View Full Version : Minato Vs. Naruto(Sage mode)

Makoto Cifer
08-22-2011, 12:57 PM
Distance: 50ft
Weather: High winds, Heavy rain; slight hail
Time of day: Early morining; 7:15 A.M
Restrictions: None

TheBlackChidori
08-22-2011, 02:03 PM
Tough one. Considering Minato with no prep was fast enough to dodge A's top speed and plant a seal on Hachibi Bee. RS Mode Naruto faired worse again A alone.

Then again, it leaves the unanswered question of whether or not SM < RS

Jinchiruuki
08-22-2011, 02:08 PM
Tough one. Considering Minato with no prep was fast enough to dodge A's top speed and plant a seal on Hachibi Bee. RS Mode Naruto faired worse again A alone.

I think for Naruto RS > SM solely due to the Kyuubi's influence making it harder for Naruto to harness Natural Energy non-stop and in a more effective way. i.e Jiraiya could stay in SM for as long as he wanted as long as Ma and Pa were fused with him.

That said though I don't see Naruto out-speeding Minato whatsoever in either modes. Minato with little effort out blitzed A and Bee (as you just stated).

Makoto Cifer
08-22-2011, 02:09 PM

It's pretty obvious that Minato-kun would have a speed advantage, however we don't know how much of an advantage. Conversely, Naruto-kun has a strenght advantage. I'm still trying to picture it...

Rasen_Chidori
08-22-2011, 02:10 PM
I think Minato is just too fast, plain and simple, he was able to plant his seal kunai and use FTG before A could punch his face in and would have stabbed A if not for B preventing it, but Minato still managed to plant a seal on B as well.

Naruto wouldnt get an attack off before Minato has seals everywhere and by that stage, the battle is as good as over, very few characters could beat Minato once he has his kunai set all over the place seeing as he can transport to any of them he wants making his attacks impossible to predict.

Makoto Cifer
08-22-2011, 02:12 PM
I think for Naruto RS > SM solely due to the Kyuubi's influence making it harder for Naruto to harness Natural Energy non-stop and in a more effective way. i.e Jiraiya could stay in SM for as long as he wanted as long as Ma and Pa were fused with him.

That said though I don't see Naruto out-speeding Minato whatsoever in either modes. Minato with little effort out blitzed A and Bee (as you just stated).
I concur. I think this battle depends upon the time span of Sage mode. I would say ten minutes, perhaps...?

Makoto Cifer
08-22-2011, 02:14 PM
I think Minato is just too fast, plain and simple, he was able to plant his seal kunai and use FTG before A could punch his face in and would have stabbed A if not for B preventing it, but Minato still managed to plant a seal on B as well.

Naruto wouldnt get an attack off before Minato has seals everywhere and by that stage, the battle is as good as over, very few characters could beat Minato once he has his kunai set all over the place seeing as he can transport to any of them he wants making his attacks impossible to predict.
That said, I didn't really specify how long naruto's Sage mode would last, but i suppose that's implied....

Jinchiruuki
08-22-2011, 02:14 PM
I concur. I think this battle depends upon the time span of Sage mode. I would say ten minutes, perhaps...?

Exactly, it would depend on how long Naruto would be in SM but also what could he use to counter Minato's speed + FTG? I mean he could possibly keep up a decent amount with Minato right now but Minato would be able to dodge just about anything Naruto has.

Only thing I can think of is Frog Kata. Since dodging naruto's attacks would be relatively cake for Minato, he would have to throw an attack that is not visible to the human eye.

Rasen_Chidori
08-22-2011, 02:15 PM
It's pretty obvious that Minato-kun would have a speed advantage, however we don't know how much of an advantage. Conversely, Naruto-kun has a strenght advantage. I'm still trying to picture it...
I beg to differ, Minato almost severed one of the Hachibi's tenticles with a single strike dispite having almoxt no leverage, that takes a shitload of strength. (Chapter 542, page 16)

TheBlackChidori
08-22-2011, 02:18 PM
The thing is, Naruto could Mass Shadow Clone, and Minato's speed would only do so much. Naruto has a few attacks that would one-shot him.

Makoto Cifer
08-22-2011, 02:20 PM
Exactly, it would depend on how long Naruto would be in SM but also what could he use to counter Minato's speed + FTG? I mean he could possibly keep up a decent amount with Minato right now but Minato would be able to dodge just about anything Naruto has.

Only thing I can think of is Frog Kata. Since dodging naruto's attacks would be relatively cake for Minato, he would have to throw an attack that is not visible to the human eye.
In additio, you would have add the factor of dopple gangers and the rasen shuriken.

I beg to differ, Minato almost severed one of the Hachibi's tenticles with a single strike dispite having almoxt no leverage, that takes a shitload of strength. (Chapter 542, page 16)
Hm? I'm not that far yet... Even so, we have to test Sage mode strenght with Minato's basic strenght...

Rasen_Chidori
08-22-2011, 02:21 PM
But he has to actually manage to land one of those attacks. Which I struggle to see him managing, even with shadow clones. Minato managed to activate his FTG before Madara could warp him away, he'd be able to avoid any attack Naruto can throw at him, even several attacks at once.

Super Sanin 3
08-22-2011, 02:21 PM
But did you see how far SM naruto threw that summon? He threw it like it was a golf ball

Makoto Cifer
08-22-2011, 02:22 PM
The thing is, Naruto could Mass Shadow Clone, and Minato's speed would only do so much. Naruto has a few attacks that would one-shot him.
However, using those attacks would be a great price; resulting in naruto losing Sage mode much quicker... I believe it was three Rasen shuriken that he used in his fight with pain....

Super Sanin 3
08-22-2011, 02:22 PM
I think it's 2 FRS per clone's worth of senjutsu

Jinchiruuki
08-22-2011, 02:23 PM

FTG? Minato supposedly took out a few hundred Hidden Rock Shinobi in seconds :/

Super Sanin 3
08-22-2011, 02:24 PM
I thought Minato had his team all throw his FTG kunai for that?

Jinchiruuki
08-22-2011, 02:25 PM

Still the fact is with a few of the branded Kunai he could FTG's the sheet out of Naruto clones.

Rasen_Chidori
08-22-2011, 02:26 PM
He did, but in the fight with A, it was shown he is just as capible of throwing thema ll himself in a very short space of time

Makoto Cifer
08-22-2011, 02:28 PM

In any case, with that intervel of time, Naruto could possibly produce Rasen shuriken... That said, I don't dont know the prep time. Futhermore, there's no telling how many clones he could produce.....

Super Sanin 3
08-22-2011, 02:31 PM
It is very likely Minato will not get hit with many of Naruto's attacks, as Raikage appeared in front of him almost instantly and he didn't know what to expect, he warped to another area and was quick enough to throw another kunai over the Raikage and probably almost killed him like others have said. If Naruto preps his FRS Minato's sure to know he has to dodge it.

Jinchiruuki
08-22-2011, 02:38 PM
I'm pretty sure Minato will realize the potency of FRS (Kakuzu did with NO knowledge of Rasengan or its variants).

Meaning he will dodge it.

Makoto Cifer
08-22-2011, 02:40 PM
It is very likely Minato will not get hit with many of Naruto's attacks, as Raikage appeared in front of him almost instantly and he didn't know what to expect, he warped to another area and was quick enough to throw another kunai over the Raikage and probably almost killed him like others have said. If Naruto preps his FRS Minato's sure to know he has to dodge it.
That said, we don't the precise prep time for Rasen shuriken.....

Makoto Cifer
08-22-2011, 02:42 PM
I'm pretty sure Minato will realize the potency of FRS (Kakuzu did with NO knowledge of Rasengan or its variants).

Meaning he will dodge it.
Even so, the expansion speed of the Rasen shuriken as well as the expansion radius would be unknown to him... Considering it's naruto's technique

Jinchiruuki
08-22-2011, 02:43 PM
Though the Rasengan itself is Minato's and that's what FRS starts out as before becoming FRS, meaning Minato will realize what it is or have a good idea at least.

Dodging it is as simple as FTGing somewhere :/ All he has to do is throw a marked kunai.

Makoto Cifer
08-22-2011, 02:44 PM
Futhermore, Kakazu got hit with a the first varient of the Rasen shuriken. Naruto had to make direct contact with his opponent for it to work effectively. The more powerful varient could be thrown......

Super Sanin 3
08-22-2011, 02:44 PM
He'll probably understand how dangerous it is since he was trying to combine elements to the rasengan in the first place. I mean i can easily see him FTGing as far as he can, his throwing speed is pretty decent

Makoto Cifer
08-22-2011, 02:45 PM
Though the Rasengan itself is Minato's and that's what FRS starts out as before becoming FRS, meaning Minato will realize what it is or have a good idea at least.

Dodging it is as simple as FTGing somewhere :/ All he has to do is throw a marked kunai.
That I can't argue or disagree with..

TheBlackChidori
08-22-2011, 03:52 PM

Yeah but SM Naruto has Legend Level reflexes. He did take on Pain after all, so not so easy.

For that matter, would Rasengan really even finish off SM Naruto? His tanking feats are outrageous.

Not to mention, 3 summons to 1.

Jinchiruuki
08-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Yeah but SM Naruto has Legend Level reflexes. He did take on Pain after all, so not so easy.

For that matter, would Rasengan really even finish off SM Naruto? His tanking feats are outrageous.

Not to mention, 3 summons to 1.

No I know that. But so does Minato. Though Minato is unquestionably faster in speed.

Rasengan would definitly NOT take out SM Naruto...though if Minato were to hit him when Naruto loses SM then yeah he would be screwed.

Summons wise: He can summon Gamabunta meaning Naruto would only be left with Gamaken and Gamahiro and Ma and Pa right? Or do you mean Naruto could have Gamabunta at the same time as Minato?

Super Sanin 3
08-22-2011, 04:04 PM
Don't forget it could easily be a draw via death reaper seal

Rasen_Chidori
08-22-2011, 04:11 PM
It'd probably be a stalemate at first, Naruto unable to hit Minato and Minato unable to do enough damage to Naruto, until Naruto loses Sage Mode and Minato nails him with a Rasengan.

[Shikamaru]
08-22-2011, 04:13 PM
Sage clones look to have the same speed feats as the original.

So generally we're looking at 3 vs. 1.

Chances are Minato gets face planted by Rasengan.

Space Barrier can warp one, maybe two, but one will get a free shot.

Rasengans really aren't needed, as Naruto can expand his Taijutsu with Sage Mode, landing a punch he really couldn't.

Preta didn't get up. Minato won't.

Super Sanin 3
08-22-2011, 04:20 PM
Sage clones look to have the same speed feats as the original.

So generally we're looking at 3 vs. 1.

Chances are Minato gets face planted by Rasengan.

Space Barrier can warp one, maybe two, but one will get a free shot.

Rasengans really aren't needed, as Naruto can expand his Taijutsu with Sage Mode, landing a punch he really couldn't.

Preta didn't get up. Minato won't.
He could probably plant loads of FTG before SM naruto even reaches him, though probably not as efficiently as with the Raikage, the fact that he was able to teleport, quickly whip out a FTG kunai, throw it above Raikage and still had the ability to hit him all within no time at all, makes his speed/throwing feats extremely impressive (this is the guy who got right infront of him instantly too). Even with a few clones it will be pretty hard to catch him once the FTGs are out

Rasen_Chidori
08-22-2011, 04:21 PM
Minato has more than just space time barriers :lol: and he isn't going to just stand there and let Naruto aim for him, Minato is faster, at least level reflexes with SM naruto, probably about the same strength and has better battle intelligence, tactical and analytical abilities.

Super Sanin 3
08-22-2011, 04:30 PM
probably about the same strength
I agree with all except for this part, i doubt he could have the same physical strength as SM Naruto, look at Chapter 431 page 5-6, doesn't seem like something Minato could ever do

Rasen_Chidori
08-22-2011, 04:45 PM
You might have a point, the only thing that I would wonder about is how strong the Hachibi's tenticles are, if they are anything like Naruto's chakra cloak, then they are (By hype) harder than diamond, seeing as Oro's sword couldn't penetrate it and it could supposedly cut through diamond, yet Minato managed to almost sever one of the tenticles with a single blow with almost no leverage.

Super Sanin 3
08-22-2011, 04:47 PM
You might have a point, the only thing that I would wonder about is how strong the Hachibi's tenticles are, if they are anything like Naruto's chakra cloak, then they are (By hype) harder than diamond, seeing as Oro's sword couldn't penetrate it and it could suposedly cut through diamond, yet Minato managed to almost sever one of the tenticles with a single blow with almost no leverage.
It's hard to tell, while Bijuu are suppose to be large chakra monsters, the Hachibi seemed a lot like flesh too me (coming from when his tentacle was chopped by sasuke). The 4 tails thing seemed much more like chakra too me, but that's just imo

-nagato_uzumaki-
08-22-2011, 04:58 PM
even with no prep couldnt mintao just go nuts and throw his seal kunai everywhere, if that would be too obvious then as him and naruto aremoving around fighting he could throw kunai (wich almost always get blocked haha) and "miss" or get blocked and then FTG spam FTW?

Makoto Cifer
08-22-2011, 05:30 PM
I'm at a loss for a logical decision... All we can do is speculate idly about what'd they'd actually do in a confrontation. We should--NVM.................

-nagato_uzumaki-
08-22-2011, 05:35 PM
nope, KUNAI spam, FTG spam, RASENGAN spam, FTW! LOL

Super Sanin 3
08-22-2011, 05:36 PM
In the end, Naruto uses sexy jutsu while in SM to produce a woman with frog-like features, stunning Minato by using his deepest desires against him.

But on a serious note can any of Naruto's attacks hit him before his SM runs out?

Makoto Cifer
08-22-2011, 05:39 PM
In the end, Naruto uses sexy jutsu while in SM to produce a woman with frog-like features, stunning Minato by using his deepest desires against him.

But on a serious note can any of Naruto's attacks hit him before his SM runs out?
Like I said: Speculation, speculation, speculation; it can be so wrong, and go SO far.....

Super Sanin 3
08-22-2011, 05:40 PM
Like I said: Speculation, speculation, speculation; it can be so wrong, and go SO far.....
What do you mean by this?

Makoto Cifer
08-22-2011, 05:45 PM
What do you mean by this?
A debate, like this one, is nothing much than wild speculation from all sides.... We really don't know who could do what, so to speak. But i'm so tied up from reading everyone's great comments that I can't really reply or think of who could win...

Super Sanin 3
08-22-2011, 05:51 PM
A debate, like this one, is nothing much than wild speculation from all sides.... We really don't know who could do what, so to speak. But i'm so tied up from reading everyone's great comments that I can't really reply or think of who could win...
Well we usually try to anticipate it through actions that are IC for them, or if it becomes obvious that a certain tactic would work for them

TheBlackChidori
08-22-2011, 07:30 PM
No I know that. But so does Minato. Though Minato is unquestionably faster in speed.

Rasengan would definitly NOT take out SM Naruto...though if Minato were to hit him when Naruto loses SM then yeah he would be screwed.

Summons wise: He can summon Gamabunta meaning Naruto would only be left with Gamaken and Gamahiro and Ma and Pa right? Or do you mean Naruto could have Gamabunta at the same time as Minato?

I doubt their summons would even fight eachother. They're on the same contract.

SageoftheSixPaths
08-22-2011, 07:33 PM
A was faster than Naruto. Minato was faster than A. Minato can teleport all of Naruto's significant attacks to the other side of the battlefield if he needs to. He can tag Naruto with a teleportation seal anytime he wants. Honestly, Minato's Rasengan in its basic form is better than Naruto's, too, and a single hit from that would hit pretty hard. A couple of them right after one another would wreck Naruto.

Makoto Cifer
08-23-2011, 01:08 PM
A was faster than Naruto. Minato was faster than A. Minato can teleport all of Naruto's significant attacks to the other side of the battlefield if he needs to. He can tag Naruto with a teleportation seal anytime he wants. Honestly, Minato's Rasengan in its basic form is better than Naruto's, too, and a single hit from that would hit pretty hard. A couple of them right after one another would wreck Naruto.
(Hey sixxy! Long time no see, huh?) I agree with you up until this part, Sixxy.... I have to disagree with you on that one, unless you can provide sufficent evidence that this is accurate......

SageoftheSixPaths
08-23-2011, 01:19 PM
(Hey sixxy! Long time no see, huh?) I agree with you up until this part, Sixxy.... I have to disagree with you on that one, unless you can provide sufficent evidence that this is accurate......
How you been?

Well, first of all, he INVENTED the Rasengan. That gives him the advantage of knowing how it works down to the very last detail. Also, he can form it with one hand near instantaneously, meaning he can create to Rasengans in a moment (as seen in the fight against Madara). If you look at his Rasengan closely, you can see that it's slightly larger than both Jiraiya and Naruto's basic version of the technique as well. As for power feats, Madara himself was essentially taken out by one hit of the Rasengan, whereas Konan's ultimate paper bomb technique wasn't even enough to knock him out. By scaling, that makes Minato's Rasengan the equivalent of a large building buster or higher, whereas Naruto's base Rasengan hasn't been shown to stop anything larger than a large tree.

Also, I forgot to mention Minato's sealing techniques as an advantage, though that's unrelated to the Rasengan post.

Makoto Cifer
08-23-2011, 01:43 PM
How you been?

Well, first of all, he INVENTED the Rasengan. That gives him the advantage of knowing how it works down to the very last detail. Also, he can form it with one hand near instantaneously, meaning he can create to Rasengans in a moment (as seen in the fight against Madara). If you look at his Rasengan closely, you can see that it's slightly larger than both Jiraiya and Naruto's basic version of the technique as well. As for power feats, Madara himself was essentially taken out by one hit of the Rasengan, whereas Konan's ultimate paper bomb technique wasn't even enough to knock him out. By scaling, that makes Minato's Rasengan the equivalent of a large building buster or higher, whereas Naruto's base Rasengan hasn't been shown to stop anything larger than a large tree.

Also, I forgot to mention Minato's sealing techniques as an advantage, though that's unrelated to the Rasengan post.
I can't argue with that logical explanation. (I've been great. Yourself??)

-nagato_uzumaki-
08-23-2011, 02:30 PM
minato grounds naruto for attacking him???

Super Sanin 3
08-23-2011, 03:49 PM
^ -.-

But yeah like everybody else said, once naruto runs out of nature energy he's pretty much dead. And there's not really any way he can be hit before that so that leads him to a win imo :|

Makoto Cifer
08-23-2011, 05:27 PM
Aww. Naruto-kun.....!!! `~(`~(`~(

Kuromaki
08-23-2011, 07:45 PM
How you been?

I agree except for the part about Maddy. Didn't he use Izanagi against Konan's ultimate technique?

Also, his Rasengan alone caused a massive crater where it hit, comparable to the size of an Oodama Rasengan crater by Naruto.
minato grounds naruto for attacking him???
Omg yes.