PDA

View Full Version : Is it true....

Kyo Yasanagi
06-28-2011, 06:50 PM
I've heard this a million times, but is it true that a ninja or kunoichi's anger or rage shows in their powers?

Ino's Girl
06-28-2011, 06:51 PM
I think the angrier they get, the more power they use

Kyo Yasanagi
06-28-2011, 06:52 PM
that's possible

Ino's Girl
06-28-2011, 06:58 PM
What do you think?

Zabimaru
06-28-2011, 07:01 PM
Isn't everyone more powerful when they're angry? I know I am.

Kunoichi
06-28-2011, 07:02 PM
Do you think it's weird that those emotionally stagnant seem to be the strongest characters though?

For example Itachi, never showed any emotion, supposidly BA.
Pein, totally expressionless through out the entire battle and destruction of the leaf... only shows emotion when he's admitting defeat.

Seems like anger is only a good thing if you're on the good guys side.

Ino's Girl
06-28-2011, 07:04 PM
Do you think it's weird that those emotionally stagnant seem to be the strongest characters though?

Pein, totally expressionless through out the entire battle and destruction of the leaf... only shows emotion when he's admitting defeat.

Deidara gets angry and he almost killed Sasuke

Zabimaru
06-28-2011, 07:06 PM
Almost. Plus, he killed himself.

Kunoichi
06-28-2011, 07:06 PM
"almost" being the key word there. In fact if anything in his ire he acted rashly and it cost him his life rather than just the fight

Xibitz360
06-28-2011, 07:07 PM
Yes I think its true, the important part is not to get carried away though, otherwise it doesn't matter how strong a character is if they don't think clearly and leave openings for lethal counterattacks.

Zabimaru
06-28-2011, 07:08 PM
"almost" being the key word there. In fact if anything in his ire he acted rashly and it cost him his life rather than just the fight
Exactly. Good guys always win because when they act rash, emotional, or just flat out angry, they get stronger and own all others. Whereas, bad guys always end up dying when they show emotion.

Ino's Girl
06-28-2011, 07:09 PM
Almost. Plus, he killed himself.

But the whole point is that he's strong

Zabimaru
06-28-2011, 07:10 PM
No, the point is that he got angry, lost control, and nothing good came from it.

Ino's Girl
06-28-2011, 07:12 PM
No, the point is that he got angry, lost control, and nothing good came from it.
But he was strong yet showed emotion

Xibitz360
06-28-2011, 07:13 PM

I agree. But he did beat Gaara though :)

Zabimaru
06-28-2011, 07:16 PM
But he was strong yet showed emotion
If he were a good guy, then he would've lived and won because of those emotions, but since he was a bad guy, and since Sasuke is very important, he died.
I agree. But he did beat Gaara though :)
But that's when he showed no emotion, no negative ones anyways.

Kunoichi
06-28-2011, 07:16 PM
But the subject of the thread is whether or not anger helps a ninja in combat. We're giving you examples of bad guys losing their sheet and losing the fight.

Not that it's ever been a problem for Naruto :roll: hence this turning into a good guy rage= win! and bad guy rage = screwed!

Xibitz360
06-28-2011, 07:20 PM
If he were a good guy, then he would've lived and won because of those emotions, but since he was a bad guy, and since Sasuke is very important, he died.

But that's when he showed no emotion, no negative ones anyways.

That's true....that's cause he kept his cool...what he wasn't able to do against Sasuke.

Zabimaru
06-28-2011, 07:22 PM
That's true....that's cause he kept his cool...what he wasn't able to do against Sasuke.
Yeah, and I think he had a bit more of a plan in that scenario, as well. I'm not quite sure, because it's been a long time since I've seen either of the fights, but I think this is true. Also, Gaara was not expecting it.

Kunoichi
06-28-2011, 07:24 PM
Also, he was playing on Gaara's emotions and love for the village, knowing he would protect it, he used that soft spot to exploit and trick the mighty Gaara.

Zabimaru
06-28-2011, 07:29 PM
Also, he was playing on Gaara's emotions and love for the village, knowing he would protect it, he used that soft spot to exploit and trick the mighty Gaara.
And in this case, Gaara's emotions were only a bad thing to have, because of how Deidara took advantage of them. Otherwise, they are usually very helpful for the "good guys."

Kyo Yasanagi
06-28-2011, 07:31 PM
What do you think?

i think their chakra gets colder

Kyo Yasanagi
06-28-2011, 07:32 PM
20 responses already? dang

Kunoichi
06-28-2011, 07:35 PM
:lol: you sound surprised verm

Kyo Yasanagi
06-28-2011, 07:36 PM
i don't think deidara was evil, he captured gaara for 1 of 2 reasons.
1. to stay in the akatsuki

2. so madara wouldn't kill him

Ino's Girl
20 responses already? dang
Told you your threads get alot of posts

Kyo Yasanagi
:lol: you sound surprised verm

i am..

Kunoichi
06-28-2011, 07:42 PM
i don't think deidara was evil, he captured gaara for 1 of 2 reasons.
1. to stay in the akatsuki

2. so madara wouldn't kill him
That might be true but he's still defined as a "bad guy" he's on the antagonists team, his reasoning or motives don't really matter at this point. Besides, pretty sure he seems to enjoy thoughtless slaughter, it's art remember?

Kyo Yasanagi
06-28-2011, 07:45 PM
itachi was defined a "bad guy" for 3 years, but he ended up being good kuno

Kunoichi
06-28-2011, 07:47 PM
I personally still find Itachi to be a bad guy but that's me, regardless why are we talking about itachi? I thought you were talking about Deidara?

Kyo Yasanagi
06-28-2011, 07:49 PM
i was giving an example of how bad guy could be good.

Zabimaru
06-28-2011, 07:50 PM
Every member of the Itachi was evil. They killed in search of power, what do you call that?

Kunoichi
06-28-2011, 07:53 PM
i was giving an example of how bad guy could be good.
but that still doesn't really fallow the topic at hand, i mean if we're switching topics that's cool with me, just I dunno draw me a flochart or soemthing so i don't get lost?

Kyo Yasanagi
06-28-2011, 07:55 PM
well...... i guess you have a point

Zabimaru
06-28-2011, 07:57 PM
well...... i guess you have a point
Although, regardless of reasons that are only valid considering they were in the Akatsuki in the first place, Itachi was good. He only killed his clan because he was ordered to. A good soldier always follows his orders.

Kunoichi
06-28-2011, 07:59 PM
Although, regardless of reasons that are only valid considering they were in the Akatsuki in the first place, Itachi was a good guy. He only killed his clan because he was ordered to. A good soldier always follows his orders.
Ok now that, I disagree with.

Kyo Yasanagi
06-28-2011, 07:59 PM
Now thats true!!

Kyo Yasanagi
06-28-2011, 08:00 PM
Kuno, he has a point.

Zabimaru
06-28-2011, 08:01 PM
Ok now that, I disagree with.
Explain to me your reasoning.

Kunoichi
06-28-2011, 08:04 PM
Right, one I don't agree with.

Edit: I have not and never will see Itachi as being a good guy. Where his intention good? Possibly. Were his actions good? Hell to the no. Itachi has displayed himself to be one of the weakest, most cowardly, and selfish characters in the entire series, but again this is my opinion.

Kyo Yasanagi
06-28-2011, 08:06 PM
But if you think about it maru, your own family?, your mom, your dad. I switch sides to kuno, now that i think about it

Zabimaru
06-28-2011, 08:07 PM

Edit: I have not and never will see Itachi as being a good guy. Where his intention good? Possibly. Were his actions good? Hell to the no. Itachi has displayed himself to be one of the weakest, most cowardly, and selfish characters in the entire series, but again this is my opinion.
I actually can't disagree with most of this, when thinking of him as a person. My statement, and my thinking in general of him, will always be as a ninja. A ninja is bound to their duties and orders, regardless of whether the original idea of the order is good or not. He was a good soldier.

EDIT: This applies to Rage's statement, as well.

Kunoichi
06-28-2011, 08:10 PM
I actually can't disagree with most of this, when thinking of him as a person. My statement, and my thinking in general of him, will always be as a ninja. A ninja is bound to their duties and orders, regardless of whether the original idea of the order is good or not. He was a good soldier.
Even going by your standard, he gave up old ties for the village. Who was responsible for raising him? Teaching him? Guiding him and molding him to be such a great shinobi? His clan. Which he then turned traitor on and why? Because he "didn't want anymore blood shed" :roll:

Zabimaru
06-28-2011, 08:11 PM
Even going by your standard, he gave up old ties for the village. Who was responsible for raising him? Teaching him? Guiding him and molding him to be such a great shinobi? His clan. Which he then turned traitor on and why? Because he "didn't want anymore blood shed" :roll:
Was. His path was never as narrow as his days as a shinobi in the leaf village.

Kunoichi
06-28-2011, 08:13 PM
Was. His path was never as narrow as his days as a shinobi in the leaf village.
I'm not seeing how this is an argument in his favor.

Zabimaru
06-28-2011, 08:15 PM
I'm not seeing how this is an argument in his favor.
It's only an agruement in his favor while thinking of him as a leaf shinobi. Otherwise, if anything, it's against him.

Kyo Yasanagi
06-28-2011, 08:17 PM

NO! NO ONE DISRESPECTS ITACHI LIKE THAT!!!

itachi is good, you think he wanted to kill his family, HELL NO. he did it to save the kage at the time. If the clan would've killed the kage. peace would've been broken it the hidden leaf. he could've taken sasuke's eyes if he wanted to, but he loved his little brother, enough to sacrifice his life so that he could live

Kunoichi
06-28-2011, 08:19 PM

itachi is good, you think he wanted to kill his family, HELL NO. he did it to save the kage at the time. If the clan would've killed the kage. peace would've been broken it the hidden leaf. he could've taken sasuke's eyes if he wanted to, but he loved his little brother, enough to sacrifice his life so that he could live
:lol: It took you this long to read my comment? Oh verm. I love you man.

I'll respond to this later if you want but I gotta head out. I can back up everything I said with thought and reason I assure you.

Zabimaru
06-28-2011, 08:19 PM

You're only going over the positive parts of Itachi, though. He has his faults.

Kyo Yasanagi
06-28-2011, 08:22 PM
everyone has faults, like when he almost killed sasuke, when he returned to the village to capture naruto

Kyo Yasanagi
06-28-2011, 08:23 PM
:lol: It took you this long to read my comment? Oh verm. I love you man.

I'll respond to this later if you want but I gotta head out. I can back up everything I said with thought and reason I assure you.

it took me that long to write it, typing on a wii isn't easy you know

s1fizik
06-28-2011, 11:13 PM
I think rage can have a way of boosting powers

Kyo Yasanagi
06-29-2011, 09:44 AM
maybe

Shikamaru Nara
06-29-2011, 10:03 AM

Duh, Kishi is as biased as he is sexist. >.>

Jonesy
06-29-2011, 10:06 AM
Well, considering when Nagato "killed" Hinata, and Naruto went to six-tails instantly; yes.

Kyo Yasanagi
06-29-2011, 10:15 AM
True like when sasuke's s'sanoo changed when danzo told him the truth